Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #104913
View in linear mode

Subject: "Digital climate control conversion on 2nd Gen Eclipse " Previous topic | Next topic
nvmicletSep-17-10 02:00 PM
Member since Sep 17th 2010
4 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#104913, "Digital climate control conversion on 2nd Gen Eclipse "

Seen an 3000gt in the junk yard the other day, look inside an seen an Digital climate control was thinking to myself that would be cool to put into the my Eclipse. look online found a thread on how to do a digital climate control conversion for 3000gt/Stealth from a manual to digital climate control.

http://www.3si.org/forum/f58/how-how...ersion-156276/

After reading the thread and getting my hands on a 3000GT service manual looked at AC full auto diagrams part of the manual.

Followed all of the information on the link above on what to get from the donor car, then started to take apart my dash. Moved the Radio up were the old climate control was, still needs alittle more work on the custom panel part for the radio, but that can waited until next weekend. Finished up the so called $5000 mod on a 2nd gen eclipse. Here is the finished install of a Digital Climate Control in my Eclipse.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Digital climate control conversion on 2nd Gen Eclipse , ez, Sep-17-10 05:32 PM, #1
RE: Digital climate control conversion on 2nd Gen Eclipse , J, Sep-17-10 06:54 PM, #2
RE: Digital climate control conversion on 2nd Gen Eclipse , John99RS, Sep-18-10 06:51 PM, #3
RE: Digital climate control conversion on 2nd Gen Eclipse , nvmiclet, Sep-20-10 02:44 PM, #6
      RE: Digital climate control conversion on 2nd Gen Eclipse , roberto ibiza, Nov-14-10 06:53 AM, #7
RE: Digital climate control conversion on 2nd Gen Eclipse , nvmiclet, Sep-20-10 11:54 AM, #4
RE: Digital climate control conversion on 2nd Gen Eclipse , nvmiclet, Sep-20-10 02:38 PM, #5

ezSep-17-10 05:32 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#104914, "RE: Digital climate control conversion on 2nd Gen Eclipse "
In response to Reply # 0

Wow, nice mod. Never seen that before. When you do something about the radio, it will turn out really nice overall. So even the external air/cabin recirculation switch works? How much did it run you and how long did it take?

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

JSep-17-10 06:54 PM
Old School 2GNTer
794 posts,
#104915, "RE: Digital climate control conversion on 2nd Gen Eclipse "
In response to Reply # 1

Wow, that is impressive... heck of a first post!

- J

John99RSSep-18-10 06:51 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1191 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#104917, "RE: Digital climate control conversion on 2nd Gen Eclipse "
In response to Reply # 2

Yeah....nice job man. I like it!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3130861

nvmicletSep-20-10 02:44 PM
4 posts,
#104928, "RE: Digital climate control conversion on 2nd Gen Eclipse "
In response to Reply # 2

Thanks, it was fun to do the DCC, also when finished up the custom dash panel i install an trunk popper with a OEM button. I think i'll install an real working shark fin antenna that has the GPS antenna in it like seen on the newer cars so i can install my PC in a car project with GPS, touchscreen PC

roberto ibizaNov-14-10 06:53 AM
Member since Apr 19th 2009
13 posts,
#105035, "RE: Digital climate control conversion on 2nd Gen Eclipse "
In response to Reply # 6

Nice mod. I like this. jejeje.

nvmicletSep-20-10 11:54 AM
4 posts,
#104926, "RE: Digital climate control conversion on 2nd Gen Eclipse "
In response to Reply # 1

i use the factory linkage for all of them Mode,temp and inside/outside air selectors. had to make a custom connector rod for each motor to do what it needed to do . The hardest part was mounting the 3 motors in a some what position and location like the 3S has. Right now i have zip ties holding all 3 motors in place until i make a custom bracket for a perm solution. I'm just happy that i made it worked with all of the sensors. Photo sensor and the inter temp sensor so the Auto function will work properly. Just finish up the custom dash panel this weekend will post the pic later.

The conversion took me about 4 days from start to finish. first day reading about what to pull out from the donor car and what they look like, finding a car at the Pick n pull place that has a car with all of the stuff i needed. One day pulling out all of the stuff from the donor. two days of installing into the car. total cost of this was about $300 in parts

nvmicletSep-20-10 02:38 PM
4 posts,
#104927, "RE: Digital climate control conversion on 2nd Gen Eclipse "
In response to Reply # 1

here is the finished DCC and Radio panel looks like

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #104913 Previous topic | Next topic