Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #104655
View in linear mode

Subject: "Help Ceaning up power wires going to battery" Previous topic | Next topic
Eclipsedrivr2002Jul-04-10 06:27 AM
Member since Jun 02nd 2010
24 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#104655, "Help Ceaning up power wires going to battery"

Hi guys, I was hoping to get some advice from someone who has walked this road before me. I currently have my car battery under the hood (stock location) but I really dont like the look of all those wires running to the top post of my battery. The car has the stage 2 turbo from hahn, and i was thinking of trying to put in some form of distribution block so that all the wires can feed into one block, then up to the battery. Anyone have any ideas of a good block I can use? Any suggestions would be teriffic. Thanks!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

RoninEclipse2GJun-02-10 01:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#104656, "RE: Help Ceaning up power wires going to battery"
In response to Reply # 0
Jun-02-10 01:45 PM by RoninEclipse2G

I would just get a car audio power distribution block. Run a short length of 4 gauge wire from the battery to that and reconnect the smaller wires from the harness to that.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Slo2gJun-02-10 07:28 PM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
#104657, "RE: Help Ceaning up power wires going to battery"
In response to Reply # 1
Jun-02-10 07:28 PM by Slo2g

Yep, just use some car stereo stuff, for example I would use a Kicker CBP for your battery terminal and a DB1448 distribution block for all your connections. That way you have you can make all of your connections at the block and run two 4ga. wires to your battery to connect the distribution block to the battery.

http://kicker.com/brass_hardware

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #104655 Previous topic | Next topic