Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #104589
View in linear mode

Subject: "Sunshade Removal Procedure" Previous topic | Next topic
TotalEclipse21Apr-13-10 08:43 AM
Member since Apr 17th 2008
32 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#104589, "Sunshade Removal Procedure"

I would like to know this... Material is peeling and I would love to make it black.

Thank you

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Sunshade Removal Procedure, Moderatorteklein, Apr-13-10 10:30 AM, #1
RE: Sunshade Removal Procedure, TotalEclipse21, Apr-13-10 04:01 PM, #2
      RE: Sunshade Removal Procedure, Moderatorteklein, Apr-14-10 11:34 AM, #3
           RE: Sunshade Removal Procedure, TotalEclipse21, Apr-14-10 05:12 PM, #4
                RE: Sunshade Removal Procedure, Ebster1085, Apr-15-10 09:58 AM, #5
                     RE: Sunshade Removal Procedure, djtrickee, Apr-16-10 12:22 PM, #6
                          RE: Sunshade Removal Procedure, RoninEclipse2G, Apr-16-10 03:43 PM, #7
                               RE: Sunshade Removal Procedure, djtrickee, Apr-17-10 09:52 AM, #8
                                    RE: Sunshade Removal Procedure, ModeratorVX100, May-05-10 06:20 PM, #9

ModeratortekleinApr-13-10 10:30 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#104590, "RE: Sunshade Removal Procedure"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by TotalEclipse21
I would like to know this... Material is peeling and I would love to make it black. Thank you

Sunshade?

Do you mean on the sunroof inside?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TotalEclipse21Apr-13-10 04:01 PM
32 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#104591, "RE: Sunshade Removal Procedure"
In response to Reply # 1

The part that you can pull out to not see the outside.

ModeratortekleinApr-14-10 11:34 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#104592, "RE: Sunshade Removal Procedure"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by TotalEclipse21
The part that you can pull out to not see the outside.

I think you mean the sunroof cover that slides in and out.

You need to remove the headline to get to that.

TotalEclipse21Apr-14-10 05:12 PM
32 posts,
#104593, "RE: Sunshade Removal Procedure"
In response to Reply # 3

I didn't see a way to get it out with my headliner out.

Ebster1085Apr-15-10 09:58 AM
Member since Jun 11th 2009
531 posts,
#104594, "RE: Sunshade Removal Procedure"
In response to Reply # 4

Pretty sure you don't need to remove the headliner. Just depress the tabs that it uses to slide along the rails and yank it out.

1999 Eclipse GS
Built motor
Hahn 16G Turbo w/ FMIC
Hahn Stage 5 Portfueler (270's & 500's)
Zeitronix Zt-2 wideband w/ 3.5bar MAP
3" SS Turbo Back
CM Stage 4 Clutch and Fidanza Flywheel
Baer Big Brake Kit

djtrickeeApr-16-10 12:22 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#104595, "RE: Sunshade Removal Procedure"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by Ebster1085
Pretty sure you don't need to remove the headliner. Just depress the tabs that it uses to slide along the rails and yank it out.

This is true. Absolutely do not need to remove the headliner. Take the sunroof glass out using the Torx screws from the inside of the car. you will have to put it in vent mode, and probably move it around a bit to get at all the screws. Once the glass is out then from the outside of the car from the top you will see several spring loaded prongs that you can press towards the center of the shade to remove. Make sure to use threadlock on the Torx screws as they have a tendency to loosen up causing your sunroof to rattle or not seal 100%

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

RoninEclipse2GApr-16-10 03:43 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#104596, "RE: Sunshade Removal Procedure"
In response to Reply # 6

Deej giving real advice? Unpossible!

Just kidding man.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

djtrickeeApr-17-10 09:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#104597, "RE: Sunshade Removal Procedure"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G
Deej giving real advice? Unpossible! Just kidding man.

I dont know what came over me. won't happen again, I promise.

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

ModeratorVX100May-05-10 06:20 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#104607, "RE: Sunshade Removal Procedure"
In response to Reply # 8

I had the material on mine peel as well. Removal of the sunroof is easy, as is the sunshade, much easier than I thought it would be. It was pretty easy to use a general trim spray to put it back on the shade.

If you do put the same material back as I did, or put new material/lining, use a light or regular trim spray, don't use heavy spray as the material is rather thin. Just take your time with it and it will come out just fine.

The holes the torx screws go in have a enough space in them so that you can line up the sunroof a bit in case one corner is a bit lower than the other.

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #104589 Previous topic | Next topic