Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #104518
View in linear mode

Subject: "Window adjustment how to!" Previous topic | Next topic
RoninEclipse2GMar-29-10 12:42 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#104518, "Window adjustment how to!"

I remember a while back some people were having issues getting their windows to line up right after swapping in power windows or new regulators. I've figured out how to adjust it so that it goes up and shuts correctly EVERY time.

After you get the regulators and windows in place, reinstall the mirror gusset and connect power and the switch. Leave ALL the bolts for the regulator and the upper stops loose. Roll down the window enough that you can close the door GENTLY! Shut the door and roll the window all the way up. It should self align quite nicely. From the inside (DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR AGAIN!) tighten the bolts holding the regulator in place. Then push the upper stops (the fuzzy covered brackets) down as far as they will go and tighten them in place. You should now be able to open and close the door and roll the window up and down without having to worry about it catching on the upper frame again!

I'll take pics and do a WIKI writeup when I do the drivers side

Caps Pics provided for refrence

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Window adjustment how to!, ez, Mar-29-10 12:49 PM, #1
RE: Window adjustment how to!, 740 turbo brick, Mar-29-10 11:36 PM, #2
      RE: Window adjustment how to!, Moderatorxcasbonx, Mar-31-10 11:37 AM, #3
           RE: Window adjustment how to!, RoninEclipse2G, Mar-31-10 01:23 PM, #4
                RE: Window adjustment how to!, Moderatorteklein, Mar-31-10 01:45 PM, #5
                     RE: Window adjustment how to!, RoninEclipse2G, Mar-31-10 02:45 PM, #6
                          WIKI WIKI WIKI!, RoninEclipse2G, Apr-06-10 01:05 AM, #7
                          RE: WIKI WIKI WIKI!, mitsu95023, Apr-06-10 09:33 AM, #8
                          RE: Window adjustment how to!, Moderatorteklein, Apr-06-10 10:30 AM, #9
                               RE: Window adjustment how to!, RoninEclipse2G, Apr-06-10 11:58 AM, #10
                                    RE: Window adjustment how to!, Moderatorteklein, Apr-06-10 12:23 PM, #11
                                         RE: Window adjustment how to!, 740 turbo brick, Apr-09-10 10:10 AM, #12
                                              RE: Window adjustment how to!, RoninEclipse2G, Apr-10-10 10:43 AM, #13
                                                   RE: Window adjustment how to!, RoninEclipse2G, Apr-10-10 03:41 PM, #14
                                                        RE: Window adjustment how to!, MCubed45, May-26-10 04:35 PM, #15
                                                             RE: Window adjustment how to!, 740 turbo brick, May-30-10 12:19 PM, #16
                                                                  RE: Window adjustment how to!, RoninEclipse2G, Jun-01-10 10:36 PM, #17

ezMar-29-10 12:49 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#104519, "RE: Window adjustment how to!"
In response to Reply # 0

Thank you! This is something I need to do soon.

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

740 turbo brickMar-29-10 11:36 PM
Member since Jun 09th 2008
831 posts,
#104520, "RE: Window adjustment how to!"
In response to Reply # 1

I think its time I confess my love for Ronin...

95 Eclipse GS: 10.5:1, Crower 2's and MSII
186 WHP - 150 WTQ
14.697 @ 93.85 MPH......Gone, but not forgotten
99 420A Avenger: Given to my sister
99 GS OZ: Sold
03 Evo 8: Family Car with balls

ModeratorxcasbonxMar-31-10 11:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#104535, "RE: Window adjustment how to!"
In response to Reply # 2

Agreed. Looking forward to the writeup as my driver's side window is all jacked up. I have to roll it all the way up then pull it into place to get a seal and align with the trim when i shut the door.

I contributed to the Wiki.

RoninEclipse2GMar-31-10 01:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#104536, "RE: Window adjustment how to!"
In response to Reply # 3

I should have it done sunday or monday. I noticed in the Wiki that there really isn't a decent writeup on how to do the swap so I'll just document the whole thing.

Erik P.
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...

ModeratortekleinMar-31-10 01:45 PM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#104537, "RE: Window adjustment how to!"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G
I should have it done sunday or monday. I noticed in the Wiki that there really isn't a decent writeup on how to do the swap so I'll just document the whole thing.

Yeah,

I didnt think to take pics when I did mine, but I did add the relay as there was a lot of confusion on it.

RoninEclipse2GMar-31-10 02:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#104539, "RE: Window adjustment how to!"
In response to Reply # 5

Yeah, I'm still not sure which relay I need to swap. I did do the one behind the radio but I've heard about one under the drivers side of the dash too. I'll figure it out

Erik P.

RoninEclipse2GApr-06-10 01:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#104560, "WIKI WIKI WIKI!"
In response to Reply # 6

The first ~half of my writeup is DONE. You can see 90% of the deconstruction process in the WIKI now!

See it here Power Window Conversion Information

This thing is HUGE

Erik P.

mitsu95023Apr-06-10 09:33 AM
Member since Mar 23rd 2009
36 posts,
#104561, "RE: WIKI WIKI WIKI!"
In response to Reply # 7

The first ~half of my writeup is DONE. You can see 90% of the deconstruction process in the WIKI now! See it here Power Window Conversion Information This thing is HUGE

This wiki looks awesome so far, i've gone through this process already on my car and you have hit every detail so far, awesome job man. This is surely going to help many people out.

'95 rs turbo project
'97 gs parts car
'01 Audi s4 DD
'80 porsche 911 993 widebody, 3.6ltr

ModeratortekleinApr-06-10 10:30 AM
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#104562, "RE: Window adjustment how to!"
In response to Reply # 6

Yeah, I'm still not sure which relay I need to swap. I did do the one behind the radio but I've heard about one under the drivers side of the dash too. I'll figure it out

Right above where you put the rest of the wiki, is the tidbit I added about the relay for the windows, which is under the dash!

RoninEclipse2GApr-06-10 11:58 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#104563, "RE: Window adjustment how to!"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by teklein
Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G Yeah, I'm still not sure which relay I need to swap. I did do the one behind the radio but I've heard about one under the drivers side of the dash too. I'll figure it out
Right above where you put the rest of the wiki, is the tidbit I added about the relay for the windows, which is under the dash!

Right, but I don't see that relay under the dash in either of my cars. You mentioned the kick panel, do I need to remove the kick panel?

Erik P.

ModeratortekleinApr-06-10 12:23 PM
1699 posts,
#104564, "RE: Window adjustment how to!"
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by teklein
Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G Yeah, I'm still not sure which relay I need to swap. I did do the one behind the radio but I've heard about one under the drivers side of the dash too. I'll figure it out
Right, but I don't see that relay under the dash in either of my cars. You mentioned the kick panel, do I need to remove the kick panel?

You have to grab the relay from the donor car, its just wired for it.

740 turbo brickApr-09-10 10:10 AM
831 posts,
#104572, "RE: Window adjustment how to!"
In response to Reply # 11

Great Gobs of information, keep it coming.

186 WHP - 150 WTQ

RoninEclipse2GApr-10-10 10:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#104577, "RE: Window adjustment how to!"
In response to Reply # 12

I have to finish up putting the doors back together tomorrow/monday and then I'll finish the writeup

Erik P.

RoninEclipse2GApr-10-10 03:41 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#104580, "RE: Window adjustment how to!"
In response to Reply # 13

While I was bored at work I added a little more

Erik P.

MCubed45May-26-10 04:35 PM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#104639, "RE: Window adjustment how to!"
In response to Reply # 14

wow awesome writeup!

after seeing how much work/time is involved i think i still prefer just adding an aftermarket kit. Costs about $100 and only takes about an hour or two. much easier to find parts as well.

kudos on an awesome writeup tho!

-marc

740 turbo brickMay-30-10 12:19 PM
831 posts,
#104644, "RE: Window adjustment how to!"
In response to Reply # 15

This write up definately helped me out alot. I always thought taking out/putting in Eclipse windows was horrible, come to find out had I removed one more trim piece I could have saved myself like an hour of screwing around. Also found out the hard way about the difference between 95-96 glass and 97-99 glass...

186 WHP - 150 WTQ

RoninEclipse2GJun-01-10 10:36 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#104654, "RE: Window adjustment how to!"
In response to Reply # 16

Originally posted by 740 turbo brick
Also found out the hard way about the difference between 95-96 glass and 97-99 glass...

Yeah, I was very glad that I had a donor car to be able to cross check with. If I had just bought parts assuming the glass was the same I would have been screwed. At least they didn't change the door sheetmetal itself!

Erik P.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #104518 Previous topic | Next topic