Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #1045
View in threaded mode

Subject: "center console question" Previous topic | Next topic
rynxprsJan-27-01 01:35 PM
Old School 2GNTer
176 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1045, "center console question"

I just picked up a center console out of an eclipse from a junkyard.

I don't remember what year is was. I forgot to look. But it didn't have the armrest cushion...so i went to a different Eclipse and took it out of that car.

I goto put the console in my car and the armrest cushion does not fit the console.

Are the consoles different in some of the years? If so what years are they different in? Like 95-96 and 97-00?

Thanks for the info.

Steve Fowler
2001 Dodge Stratus R/T
sfowler@nolanryan34.net

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
JunoonJan-27-01 03:40 PM
Old School 2GNTer
122 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1046, "RE: center console question"
In response to Reply # 0

Mine doesn't have the armrest cushion. I guess RS models don't have them.

Junoon
97-RS
Michigan

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

rynxprsJan-27-01 04:24 PM
Old School 2GNTer
176 posts,
#1047, "RE: center console question"
In response to Reply # 1

Well that sucks.

I'll have to try and figure a way to do it.

Steve Fowler
2001 Dodge Stratus R/T
sfowler@nolanryan34.net

cyanJan-27-01 05:58 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#1048, "RE: center console question"
In response to Reply # 2

the console is different in the automatics and manuals and also in the model years of course, 95-99 different from 94-before.
i think the RS may be different from the GS-up models
http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

endless73Jan-28-01 04:28 AM
Old School 2GNTer
253 posts,
#1049, "RE: center console question"
In response to Reply # 0

It doesn't matter if the car is manual or automatic. The difference lies in whether the console is from an RS or not. The RS's came with consoles that had a different shaped tray, since they didn't come with armrests. You need to go and get the tray from a GS, GST, or GSX to fit the padded armrest.

Eclipse-15.621 @ 89.5 mph
M3-13.192 @ 111 mph
Pick your poison!
http://www.onlineshowoff.com/index.asp?section=profile&username=endless73

rynxprsJan-28-01 09:21 AM
Old School 2GNTer
176 posts,
#1050, "RE: center console question"
In response to Reply # 4

cool if that's all i have to do.

Thanks.

Steve Fowler
2001 Dodge Stratus R/T
sfowler@nolanryan34.net

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #1045 Previous topic | Next topic