Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #104470
View in linear mode

Subject: "headliner sunroof panels" Previous topic | Next topic
DSMbryanMar-06-10 12:31 AM
Member since Mar 22nd 2009
13 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#104470, "headliner sunroof panels"

I have read a lot on redoing my headliner but before I start I was wondering if any of you know how to get the sunroof panels out that slide under the sunroof. they need to be recovered when i redo my headliner in black suede. For future reference to all that may need it there's a great website i plan on getting everything from it is http://www.yourautotrim.com - They also carry SEM colorcoat

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: headliner sunroof panels, RoninEclipse2G, Mar-06-10 11:37 AM, #1
RE: headliner sunroof panels, Ebster1085, Mar-06-10 06:25 PM, #2
RE: headliner sunroof panels, 420agreenvilleSC, Mar-06-10 09:18 PM, #3
      RE: headliner sunroof panels, 740 turbo brick, Mar-06-10 09:48 PM, #4
           RE: headliner sunroof panels, Nightfall, Mar-07-10 10:37 AM, #5
RE: headliner sunroof panels, DSMbryan, Mar-08-10 04:45 PM, #6

RoninEclipse2GMar-06-10 11:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#104471, "RE: headliner sunroof panels"
In response to Reply # 0

This is something I need to know as well

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Ebster1085Mar-06-10 06:25 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2009
531 posts,
#104472, "RE: headliner sunroof panels"
In response to Reply # 1

I pulled mine out a few years ago. Don't remember exactly how I did it, but I don't remember having trouble with it. Pretty sure I just yanked it out of there

1999 Eclipse GS
Built motor
Hahn 16G Turbo w/ FMIC
Hahn Stage 5 Portfueler (270's & 500's)
Zeitronix Zt-2 wideband w/ 3.5bar MAP
3" SS Turbo Back
CM Stage 4 Clutch and Fidanza Flywheel
Baer Big Brake Kit

420agreenvilleSCMar-06-10 09:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#104473, "RE: headliner sunroof panels"
In response to Reply # 2
Mar-06-10 09:19 PM by 420agreenvilleSC

mine's been missing for years. I put 2.5% tint on the glass cuz of the hot ass sun. it's black as shit on my sunroof glass now

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

740 turbo brickMar-06-10 09:48 PM
Member since Jun 09th 2008
831 posts,
#104474, "RE: headliner sunroof panels"
In response to Reply # 3

Its easy. Open the panels, the sunroof has 6 torx head screws holding it on to the track, 3 on each side. Once you remove those you can lift the glass out. The panels have sliding tabs that hold it to the track.

95 Eclipse GS: 10.5:1, Crower 2's and MSII
186 WHP - 150 WTQ
14.697 @ 93.85 MPH......Gone, but not forgotten
99 420A Avenger: Given to my sister
99 GS OZ: Sold
03 Evo 8: Family Car with balls

NightfallMar-07-10 10:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
335 posts,
#104475, "RE: headliner sunroof panels"
In response to Reply # 4

If you're careful enough, you could open the sunroof as far up before it starts to slide and get to those clips, IIRC, but shit I ain't had a sunroofed Eclipse in years

DSMbryanMar-08-10 04:45 PM
Member since Mar 22nd 2009
13 posts,
#104476, "RE: headliner sunroof panels"
In response to Reply # 1

i just removed the panels. i took the sunroof off by removing the 6 torx screws then used a flat head screw driver to pop the 6 spring loaded tabs back and the panels came right out very simple and thank you all for replying. hope the website i listed before will help some of you who are redoing your interior.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #104470 Previous topic | Next topic