Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #102864
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Carbon Fiber Hatch and High Rise spoiler" This topic is locked.
1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
lost hybrid RFFeb-01-09 11:28 PM
Member since Feb 28th 2008
10 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#102864, "Carbon Fiber Hatch and High Rise spoiler"

hi, i was wondering where i can find a Carbon Fiber Hatch and High Rise spoiler? whats a good brand to get? would the hatch have holes for the rear wiper and spoiler or i will have to drill my own holes?

such a sad day

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
ModeratortekleinFeb-02-09 08:04 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#102865, "RE: Carbon Fiber Hatch and High Rise spoiler"
In response to Reply # 0
Feb-02-09 08:05 AM by teklein

As far as where to buy one, I cant help you on that. I would suggest doing research and making sure you are getting the best product. Im willing to bet that you will have to drill the holes necessary for the spoiler and wiper, as some people would want it without.

For the spoiler, you can get a carbon wrapped one on eBay, I always see it on there.

You can also get the paintable ones on eBay as well.

nrberndsenFeb-02-09 09:22 AM
Member since Sep 13th 2006
36 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#102866, "RE: Carbon Fiber Hatch and High Rise spoiler"
In response to Reply # 1

not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for but www.hirevperformance.net i believe has some cf products for eclipse's...not sure of their quality but i think there are reviews either on here or tooners. Post pics if you go through with it!

NemoFeb-02-09 11:13 AM
Member since Nov 28th 2008
366 posts,
#102867, "RE: Carbon Fiber Hatch and High Rise spoiler"
In response to Reply # 2

wondering where you're at....Craigslist in LA has CF hoods, hatches & ocassional doors for 2G's. (doors $800 a pair gutted) Not sure of the quailty though. I'll also bet you'd have to bore your wiper hole.

halfasss101Feb-08-09 03:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
343 posts,
#102893, "RE: Carbon Fiber Hatch and High Rise spoiler"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by lost hybrid RF
hi, i was wondering where i can find a Carbon Fiber Hatch and High Rise spoiler? whats a good brand to get? would the hatch have holes for the rear wiper and spoiler or i will have to drill my own holes?

http://www.prostreetonline.com/a/mitsubishi_vis-carbon-fiber-trunks-and-hatches.asp

They sell carbon fiber hatches for the eclipse. says 95-98 but why the hell wouldn't it work on a 99 right? Anyway, 686 bucks. Not too bad really considering its more complex than a hood. As for the spoiler, what type "high rise" spoiler are you looking for? The turbo wing that came on gst/x and an option on the gs? Or the JC Whitney double stack style that all the honda posers put on there civics?

Originally posted by bullettdsm Recommendations are that you get drunk and sit idly by to stare at your car while nothing happens to it. End results seem to be that you will be happy.

RoninEclipse2GFeb-08-09 02:08 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#102894, "RE: Carbon Fiber Hatch and High Rise spoiler"
In response to Reply # 4
Feb-08-09 02:09 PM by RoninEclipse2G

Originally posted by halfasss101
says 95-98 but why the hell wouldn't it work on a 99 right?

a lot of places list up to 98 because that was the last year of the talon. Eagle was dissolved in the last quarter of 98

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

halfasss101Feb-08-09 11:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
343 posts,
#102895, "RE: Carbon Fiber Hatch and High Rise spoiler"
In response to Reply # 5

oh ya, that is true. forgot about that.

Originally posted by bullettdsm Recommendations are that you get drunk and sit idly by to stare at your car while nothing happens to it. End results seem to be that you will be happy.

dalesmitsuFeb-17-09 01:52 AM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#102949, "RE: Carbon Fiber Hatch and High Rise spoiler"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by halfasss101
oh ya, that is true. forgot about that.

try ebay get the Vis CF brand, its the real ones. I bought a Vis CF OE hood for 350 plus 200 ship fedex truck freight. I didn't have problems with either the shipping payment or feedback. The store on there is the I dealt with forget the name but its the only one on ebay motors that sells it.

Buy the fiberglass turbo spoiler and yes you'll have to drill holes for install.

dsm247Jul-03-10 11:02 PM
Member since Jun 29th 2010
23 posts,
#104763, "RE: Carbon Fiber Hatch and High Rise spoiler"
In response to Reply # 1

yea ebay is good place for this

Moderatorcs82685Jul-04-10 06:22 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#104765, "RE: Carbon Fiber Hatch and High Rise spoiler"
In response to Reply # 7

A buddy of mine installed a VIS CF hatch and said he has some slight fitment issues with it and would possibly recommend a different brand.

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

95_ESi_PersonJul-09-10 09:12 PM
Member since Sep 16th 2002
3260 posts,
#104781, "RE: Carbon Fiber Hatch and High Rise spoiler"
In response to Reply # 9

Squidskins still advertises the rear hatch. $450. Not sure of quality though.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #102864 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic