Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #1005
View in threaded mode

Subject: "sick and tired of altezza's" Previous topic | Next topic
JunoonJan-26-01 02:59 PM
Old School 2GNTer
122 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1005, "sick and tired of altezza's"

Moisture, I hate it! The moisture inside my 3g Altezza's ate away some chrome and now they don't look good at all. Don't ask abou the center piece. I'm thinking of going back to the stock tail lights. Unless if there is a way I could take them apart and paint them with matching body color (white). any suggestions??? hey Cyan how did u paint the housing of ur headlamps blue??? thanx for any feedback.

Junoon
97-RS
Michigan

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
cyanJan-26-01 03:30 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1006, "RE: sick and tired of altezza's"
In response to Reply # 0

you can take the altezzas apart fairly easy. the thing about them (or at least about the G1's which i have) is that they arent air sealed. if you look at them you will see plastic pegs that clip the lens to the housing, this is why they suck so bad, so if you take it apart you may even have to break some of the pegs to get them apart. then when you put them back together you can do what APC should have done and seal them with silicon. to take apart the headlights you remove the metal clips and use a heat gun or hair dryer and get a friend to hold the housing while you heat the seal and pull the lights apart once the sealant starts to melt. then unscrew the turn signal and black housing and sand it, then paint and put everything back together. use a high temp paint though, i used hig heat ceramic paint from auto zone

http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

JunoonJan-27-01 03:36 PM
Old School 2GNTer
122 posts,
#1007, "RE: sick and tired of altezza's"
In response to Reply # 1

Today, I painted one of th 3 altezza's pcs. Took me 6hrs!! It looks cool now but its a bit dimmer than the original cuz it's not chrome no more. I'll post a pic very soon.

Junoon
97-RS
Michigan

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #1005 Previous topic | Next topic