Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #98523
View in linear mode

Subject: "Evo spoiler on eclipse?" Previous topic | Next topic
baller36969Apr-11-07 07:06 PM
Member since Jul 30th 2006
25 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#98523, "Evo spoiler on eclipse?"

Hi, I would like to know if anyone has either tried or at least knows if you can put an evo VIII spoiler on our hatch? I love the spoiler and someone is selling one locally.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Evo spoiler on eclipse?, totaleclipse_05, Apr-11-07 08:11 PM, #1
RE: Evo spoiler on eclipse?, baller36969, Apr-11-07 08:23 PM, #2
      RE: Evo spoiler on eclipse?, foggy45, Apr-11-07 08:35 PM, #3
           RE: Evo spoiler on eclipse?, baller36969, Apr-12-07 04:02 AM, #4
                RE: Evo spoiler on eclipse?, totaleclipse_05, Apr-12-07 05:49 AM, #5
                     RE: Evo spoiler on eclipse?, Moderatorxcasbonx, Apr-12-07 05:59 AM, #6
                     RE: Evo spoiler on eclipse?, RallyEclipse98, Apr-12-07 06:00 AM, #7
                          RE: Evo spoiler on eclipse?, RoninEclipse2G, Apr-12-07 06:16 AM, #8
                               RE: Evo spoiler on eclipse?, baller36969, Apr-12-07 06:48 AM, #9
                                    RE: Evo spoiler on eclipse?, totaleclipse_05, Apr-12-07 07:17 AM, #10
                                         RE: Evo spoiler on eclipse?, baller36969, Apr-12-07 07:49 AM, #11
                                              RE: Evo spoiler on eclipse?, Moderatorxcasbonx, Apr-12-07 08:13 AM, #12
                                                   RE: Evo spoiler on eclipse?, R34Eclipse, Apr-13-07 06:03 PM, #13
                                                        RE: Evo spoiler on eclipse?, baller36969, Apr-13-07 08:40 PM, #14

totaleclipse_05Apr-11-07 08:11 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1486 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#98525, "RE: Evo spoiler on eclipse?"
In response to Reply # 0

I doubt it would fit. The wing on an EVO is mounted on a flat trunk while we have a curved hatch.

Mike D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by DR1665
You're welcome to all the beer you can drink, but you have to go get it yourself. Don't get pissy when we point to the fridge and tell you to get it yourself.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

baller36969Apr-11-07 08:23 PM
25 posts,
#98526, "RE: Evo spoiler on eclipse?"
In response to Reply # 1

forgot about that... couldn't the base of the wing be shaved to acomodate for that? I mean, its probably made of fiberglass or something? what I'm more concerned about is the dimentions, is it too wide or to narrow?

Will work for parts...

foggy45Apr-11-07 08:35 PM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
#98527, "RE: Evo spoiler on eclipse?"
In response to Reply # 2

it will mount on the rear quarter pannels but its longer then our hatch so you couldnt open it up

so unless you made a platform that mounted on our hatch but spread out and was strong enough to mount the wing then i think your out of luck

Best sum up of working on a 2GNT
DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .
eclipse982nrRST "its actually lightish red"
RoninEclipse2G "yeah, they already have a color for that... it's called PINK"

baller36969Apr-12-07 04:02 AM
25 posts,
#98529, "RE: Evo spoiler on eclipse?"
In response to Reply # 3

ok, I'm going to go to the dealer to check them out, see if I could do anything to maybe trim the cf and rebolt it. I haven't seen anyone with a wing like this on there eclipse and its genuine so how cool would that be. I could even start a trend if I'm successful lol. Thanks for the info.

Will work for parts...

totaleclipse_05Apr-12-07 05:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1486 posts,
#98535, "RE: Evo spoiler on eclipse?"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by baller36969
ok, I'm going to go to the dealer to check them out, see if I could do anything to maybe trim the cf and rebolt it. I haven't seen anyone with a wing like this on there eclipse and its genuine so how cool would that be. I could even start a trend if I'm successful lol. Thanks for the info.

Eh, I doubt it would look good. Try doing a photochop before attempting or buying anything.

Only wing I would ever put on a 2g is a turbo wing. That's the only good looking wing out there IMO.

Mike D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're welcome to all the beer you can drink, but you have to go get it yourself. Don't get pissy when we point to the fridge and tell you to get it yourself.

ModeratorxcasbonxApr-12-07 05:59 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#98536, "RE: Evo spoiler on eclipse?"
In response to Reply # 5

If you want an Evo spoiler buy an Evo. Don't waste your time and money mugging up a 2GNT.

Just my $.02

I contributed to the Wiki.

RallyEclipse98Apr-12-07 06:00 AM
Member since Feb 22nd 2007
165 posts,
#98537, "RE: Evo spoiler on eclipse?"
In response to Reply # 5

I've seen it done before several times but it doesn't really flow too well IMO.

You could try searching www.cardomain.com and find someone who's done it and then ask them how.

RoninEclipse2GApr-12-07 06:16 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#98538, "RE: Evo spoiler on eclipse?"
In response to Reply # 7

I would have to say that I don't think it would work very well either, plus IIRC satan wants over a thou for those wings, if you really want to try, I'd check the Evo pages for someone selling theirs for cheaper if you're just gonna hack it up

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

baller36969Apr-12-07 06:48 AM
25 posts,
#98540, "RE: Evo spoiler on eclipse?"
In response to Reply # 8

I'm trading someone one of my two ipods for it!!!!

Will work for parts...

totaleclipse_05Apr-12-07 07:17 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1486 posts,
#98541, "RE: Evo spoiler on eclipse?"
In response to Reply # 9

I'm trading someone one of my two ipods for it!!!!

Man, I would keep the iPod lol....seriously, I would.

Mike D

baller36969Apr-12-07 07:49 AM
25 posts,
#98543, "RE: Evo spoiler on eclipse?"
In response to Reply # 10

yeah, I just finished trying to photoshop it and no matter how I angle it, it just doesn't seem right. I guess I'll go for the turbo wing. Anyone want to trade a black turbo wing for an ipod??? lol

Will work for parts...

ModeratorxcasbonxApr-12-07 08:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#98544, "RE: Evo spoiler on eclipse?"
In response to Reply # 11

I guess I'll go for the turbo wing.

I'm glad you made the better decision. Good luck.

I contributed to the Wiki.

R34EclipseApr-13-07 06:03 PM
Member since Oct 01st 2005
706 posts,
#98563, "RE: Evo spoiler on eclipse?"
In response to Reply # 12

I got a brand new turbo wing for sale $100 i dont get on here much since I don't have the car anymore if you want it email me @ r34eciipse@aol.com

-----------------------------------
97 RS-T, STAR Stage 2, HAHN FMIC, Decah Lambo Doors, 19" Axis Hiros, Built 420a - SOLD
2004 - G35 6MT 20" HREs & Tein Flex
-----------------------------------

baller36969Apr-13-07 08:40 PM
25 posts,
#98564, "RE: Evo spoiler on eclipse?"
In response to Reply # 13

email sent

Will work for parts...

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #98523 Previous topic | Next topic