Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #97849
View in linear mode

Subject: "C/F hood question and opinion" Previous topic | Next topic
EventsCo21XLFeb-13-07 09:13 AM
Member since Sep 18th 2006
71 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#97849, "C/F hood question and opinion"

Hey there everyone, well I needed some advice from the people on here. I need a new hood for my car and was looking to go to a CF hood. Now I'm debating whether or not to get either VIS or Seibon in terms of hoods.

Now for VIS, I know people that use them and seem to have a good outcome with them, but I've been hearing that Seibon has a better quality fit and finish as opposed to VIS. Now I'm just trying to figure out which one to buy and needed some opinions from those that have experience with them. OEM CF is the style I'm looking for.

Also do you guys think I need to run hood pins on the vehicle??? I would rather not since it looks cleaner without pins, but if safety becomes an issue, I'll put them on. Now I know that the VIS hoods usually come with a latch installed but I don't know about the Seibon, but how are the quality of the latches for those hoods.

Thank you in advance for all your help and look forward to hearing from you all. Thanks again

My vehicles

1998 Mitusubishi Eclipse RS
(Daily driver)
Evo III style CF hood
Sitting on 17 inch Racing Hart C2
Tein springs
APEXi N1 universal exhaust
AEM short ram intake
95 Eclipse GSX sideskirts w/o door caps
HID 9006 kit with 6000K bulbs
07 Eclipse shorty antenna (Stupid RS non-power antenna

1988 Honda CRX Si
(K20 swap, when I really want to surprize people LOL)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

GreenRicerFeb-13-07 10:54 AM
Member since Jun 18th 2004
240 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#97851, "RE: C/F hood question and opinion"
In response to Reply # 0

Well, I dont know about Seibon, but I personally own a VIS hood. Amazing quality, comes clearcoated, comes with the latch, and fits perfectly. Hood pins are still a must, heard too many horror stories about guys who thought they were ok, and then one day cruisin down the interstate, the hood flys up and shatters the windshield. Not worth the risk for looks in my opinion.

95 GS-turbo: SOLD
92 Laser AWD- has a lot done, needs a lot more...
88 Suzuki Samurai- Daily beater/mudder

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

NightfallFeb-13-07 11:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
335 posts,
#97852, "RE: C/F hood question and opinion"
In response to Reply # 1

I've had 3 VIS hoods and all of them fit perfect, quality is great, and never had any problems with them - except for that ONE time I pulled up at home and popped the hood to check my oil, went in the house and forgot, came back out and just took off... I never thought I would be able to grab the front of my hood through the sunroof! I never used pins and still don't, that is the only issue I had and it was because of my own stupidity.

edxmonFeb-13-07 01:12 PM
Member since Jul 26th 2005
1006 posts,
#97854, "RE: C/F hood question and opinion"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by Nightfall
I've had 3 VIS hoods and all of them fit perfect, quality is great, and never had any problems with them - except for that ONE time I pulled up at home and popped the hood to check my oil, went in the house and forgot, came back out and just took off... I never thought I would be able to grab the front of my hood through the sunroof! I never used pins and still don't, that is the only issue I had and it was because of my own stupidity.

Quoted for truth...And cuz i Lol'ed

Originally posted by turbo8u
his girl kept looking out and down my car like uh ok we're in this 100 whatever thousand dollar car and that little whatever it is just raped us.... turbo screamed past the window like a vortex of ownage :-P robbing his engine of all the air around, and thats how i like it

Originally posted by ez
I came across a huge sack of walnuts in my grandmas garage - I better make use of them.

I contributed to the wiki! My Page: edxmon

EventsCo21XLFeb-14-07 09:09 AM
Member since Sep 18th 2006
71 posts,
#97866, "RE: C/F hood question and opinion"
In response to Reply # 3

Thanks for the help everyone

My vehicles

1998 Mitusubishi Eclipse RS
(Daily driver)
Evo III style CF hood
Sitting on 17 inch Racing Hart C2
Tein springs
APEXi N1 universal exhaust
AEM short ram intake
95 Eclipse GSX sideskirts w/o door caps
HID 9006 kit with 6000K bulbs
07 Eclipse shorty antenna (Stupid RS non-power antenna

1988 Honda CRX Si
(K20 swap, when I really want to surprize people LOL)

R34EclipseFeb-14-07 10:37 AM
Member since Oct 01st 2005
706 posts,
#97868, "RE: C/F hood question and opinion"
In response to Reply # 4

I had 9 hoods on my car and out of the 5 of them that were ViS I only had a fitment issue from one of them, the rest fit like a glove, the aerogear hoods were trash, the ab flug hoods not much better, and some noname knockoff that actually fit perfect as well.

-----------------------------------
97 RS-T, STAR Stage 2, HAHN FMIC, Decah Lambo Doors, 19" Axis Hiros, Built 420a - SOLD
2004 - G35 6MT 20" HREs & Tein Flex
-----------------------------------

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #97849 Previous topic | Next topic