Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #97251
View in linear mode

Subject: "some random pics of the car" Previous topic | Next topic
taclipseNov-18-06 06:23 PM
Member since Apr 12th 2004
200 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#97251, "some random pics of the car"

Well I have owned 2 2gnts over a 4 1/2 year span, both were/are turbo. I have been reading up on the 2gnt the entire time. I am more of a lurker but i thought i would post some pics to show my progress on my car and show some appreciation. First off would be my old black car with my hood junkyard turbo setup... it ran like crap but it was fast ! after a few unfortunate events I got rid of the black car ended up with a 97 talon esi auto. This is my new project car... All my hard work is going into this shell. I just recently converted the car over to manual, painted the engine bay and I THINK i am the first to do a complete engine wiring harness tuck on a 2gnt( i will get more into detail later on). I am still in the process of completing the car ... mainly fuel system and fabrication of manifold and pipes. Here is a list of my mods and some pics of my cars. Hope you guys enjoy!
head- crower turbo grind cams, valve springs and retainers, ss 1mm oversized valves 5 angle valve job, Ported intake ports, ported and polished exhaust ports.
block- JE pistons .20 over, crower rods, arp headstuds, cometic head gasket, total seal piston rings, mellings oil pump, clevite 77 main and rod mearings.
misc other things- turbonetics t60bb turbocharger, hks ssqv bov, XS power huge intercooler, Antireversion upper intake manifold, accufab mustang 75mm throttlebody, AEM tru time cam gears, afx udp, afx front motor mount, egr block off plates, Volk GT-n's, kyb agx's in the rear and gr2's in the front, eibach springs, gst rear sway bar and discs, thermal r&d exhaust, greddy profec b spec 2, hks tt, aeromotive 1:1 fpr with return line setup. Im too lazy to type so here are some pics! I dont sign on here too much so sorry in advance if it takes me a while to answer any questions or respond to answers
this is my old car

here is my current car

now are pics under the knife!

this is after i stipped everything that i was not going to use, painted and relocated the ecu and fuse box.

I am still waiting on megasquirt, injectors, fab work and my intake manifold to come in. I think i am test fitting this intake manifold for antireversion. If everything goes good he will put them into production. I will be sure to get dyno #'s for everyone. and finally some appreciation back to the site!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: some random pics of the car, ScreaminE, Nov-19-06 05:02 AM, #1
RE: some random pics of the car, destruckeclipse, Nov-19-06 01:17 PM, #2
      RE: some random pics of the car, taclipse, Nov-19-06 02:29 PM, #3
           RE: some random pics of the car, slowmitsu, Nov-19-06 03:45 PM, #4
                RE: some random pics of the car, TeamDR1665, Nov-19-06 04:52 PM, #5
                RE: some random pics of the car, taclipse, Nov-19-06 06:26 PM, #6
                     RE: some random pics of the car, hazardeclipse, Nov-20-06 04:22 AM, #7
                          RE: some random pics of the car, eclipse982nrRST, Nov-20-06 06:44 AM, #8
                               RE: some random pics of the car, hazardeclipse, Nov-20-06 08:26 AM, #9
                               RE: some random pics of the car, taclipse, Nov-20-06 12:03 PM, #10
                                    RE: some random pics of the car, orzech, Nov-20-06 03:05 PM, #11
                                    RE: some random pics of the car, taclipse, Nov-21-06 05:42 AM, #13
                                         RE: some random pics of the car, taclipse, Dec-12-06 04:53 PM, #14
                                    RE: some random pics of the car, Moderatorcs82685, Nov-20-06 03:46 PM, #12
                                         RE: some random pics of the car, saikou, Dec-13-06 06:38 PM, #15
                                              RE: some random pics of the car, taclipse, Dec-14-06 12:02 PM, #16
                                                   RE: some random pics of the car, blcktalipse, Dec-14-06 12:13 PM, #17
                                                        RE: some random pics of the car, destruckeclipse, Dec-17-06 11:54 AM, #18
                                                             RE: some random pics of the car, taclipse, Dec-20-06 02:29 PM, #19
                                                             RE: some random pics of the car, edxmon, Dec-21-06 06:26 PM, #20
                                                                  RE: some random pics of the car, taclipse, Dec-24-06 02:47 AM, #21
                                                                       RE: some random pics of the car, mike_d, Dec-24-06 06:23 AM, #22
                                                                            RE: some random pics of the car, taclipse, Dec-30-06 08:29 AM, #23
                                                                                 RE: some random pics of the car, edxmon, Dec-30-06 03:17 PM, #24
                                                                                      RE: some random pics of the car, HipHop615, Jan-01-07 08:41 AM, #25
                                                                                      RE: some random pics of the car, taclipse, Jan-01-07 12:30 PM, #26
                                                                                           RE: some random pics of the car, avengerowner23, Sep-12-07 03:08 PM, #27
                                                                                                RE: some random pics of the car, taclipse, Sep-13-07 08:38 AM, #28
                                                                                      RE: some random pics of the car, taclipse, Sep-15-07 10:13 AM, #29
                                                                                           RE: some random pics of the car, Slammed420A, Sep-18-07 08:34 AM, #30
                                                                                                RE: some random pics of the car, taclipse, Sep-18-07 11:16 AM, #31
                                                                                                     RE: some random pics of the car, dalesmitsu, Sep-18-07 12:20 PM, #32

ScreaminENov-19-06 05:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
815 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#97252, "RE: some random pics of the car"
In response to Reply # 0

Very Nyiiice!

Me want to sexy time your engine bay!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

destruckeclipseNov-19-06 01:17 PM
Member since Apr 26th 2004
576 posts,
#97254, "RE: some random pics of the car"
In response to Reply # 1

Haha, nice wall.

'95 GSX - Big16G ~ Leaks, but atleast it runs.

taclipseNov-19-06 02:29 PM
200 posts,
#97257, "RE: some random pics of the car"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by destruckeclipse
Haha, nice wall.

you know you like that

slowmitsuNov-19-06 03:45 PM
Member since May 26th 2005
343 posts,
#97258, "RE: some random pics of the car"
In response to Reply # 3

Talon high wing = tits

_______

BPU'd skittle

TeamDR1665Nov-19-06 04:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#97259, "RE: some random pics of the car"
In response to Reply # 4

Kudos.

taclipseNov-19-06 06:26 PM
200 posts,
#97262, "RE: some random pics of the car"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by slowmitsu
Talon high wing = tits

if thats the case i have some tits for sale as long as i dont have to ship it! I am gonna keep the white car wingless

hazardeclipseNov-20-06 04:22 AM
Member since Oct 09th 2003
640 posts,
#97263, "RE: some random pics of the car"
In response to Reply # 6

Everything else looks so damn clean, but i cant get over the thermostat housing and the piece behind it... looks out of place kinda... the paint looks good, and god knows that they look horrible stock, but maybe they should be the same color? everything else looks amazing tho. cant wait to see pics when everything is done.

RIP- Rustbucket 1995-2009

‹hazardeclipse› by the way youre thinking of hazard_eclipse
‹hazardeclipse› thats not my fucking car
‹teklein› Oh yeah
‹hazardeclipse› he stole my name
‹hazardeclipse› fuck that radioactive yellow shit
‹teklein› Hazard_eclipse is the homo.

eclipse982nrRSTNov-20-06 06:44 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#97264, "RE: some random pics of the car"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by hazardeclipse
Everything else looks so damn clean, but i cant get over the thermostat housing and the piece behind it... looks out of place kinda... the paint looks good, and god knows that they look horrible stock, but maybe they should be the same color? everything else looks amazing tho. cant wait to see pics when everything is done.

This is true, lol. It looks like a gigantic Earls SS Fitting, lmao.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

hazardeclipseNov-20-06 08:26 AM
Member since Oct 09th 2003
640 posts,
#97265, "RE: some random pics of the car"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST

holy shit it does. lmfao!

RIP- Rustbucket 1995-2009

‹hazardeclipse› by the way youre thinking of hazard_eclipse
‹hazardeclipse› thats not my fucking car
‹teklein› Oh yeah
‹hazardeclipse› he stole my name
‹hazardeclipse› fuck that radioactive yellow shit
‹teklein› Hazard_eclipse is the homo.

taclipseNov-20-06 12:03 PM
200 posts,
#97266, "RE: some random pics of the car"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by hazardeclipse Everything else looks so damn clean, but i cant get over the thermostat housing and the piece behind it... looks out of place kinda... the paint looks good, and god knows that they look horrible stock, but maybe they should be the same color? everything else looks amazing tho. cant wait to see pics when everything is done.

i was actually going for the that color scheme. All my lines are going to be ss with AN fittings, my regulator are those colors. I like it If anyone is local to tampa I do powdercoating... Might be able to hook it up with a 2gnt discount.

orzechNov-20-06 03:05 PM
Member since Aug 07th 2003
597 posts,
#97267, "RE: some random pics of the car"
In response to Reply # 10

thats what i was thinking, it was a big AN fitting.

but say goodbye to your beautiful SS valves when your napa timing belt breaks. you put that much money into your head/engine, but you dont want to spend the extra $30 to get an OEM timing belt. when it comes to timing equipment/pulleys etc. i use nothing but oem. not worth trashing the head.

11.34 at 123 fp3065 28 psi straight pump 93 octane

95 tsi awd 5 speed-2gb 6 bolt dsmlink
95tsi fwd- parts
95 tsi fwd- beater
91 galant vr4- new build

taclipseNov-21-06 05:42 AM
200 posts,
#97269, "RE: some random pics of the car"
In response to Reply # 11

Originally posted by orzech
thats what i was thinking, it was a big AN fitting. but say goodbye to your beautiful SS valves when your napa timing belt breaks. you put that much money into your head/engine, but you dont want to spend the extra $30 to get an OEM timing belt. when it comes to timing equipment/pulleys etc. i use nothing but oem. not worth trashing the head.

ive been building these things a long time and using napa belts and never had one break on me. My valves wont hit the pistons either due to my compression ratio so im pretty sure i will be alright! Not to mention i keep up with the maintenence on things like that. You can spend your extra 30 for whatever parts you want and I will keep doing what works for me! i appreciate you looking out tho!

taclipseDec-12-06 04:53 PM
200 posts,
#97399, "RE: some random pics of the car"
In response to Reply # 13

here are some current pics

the wiring harness tuck is complete... all of the wires are ran in the pics shown. I finished adding the external gate to the manifold yesterday and fabbed the dp and hot side intercooler pipe today. I am going to tackle the cold side and some minor things tomorrow once i get off work.

Moderatorcs82685Nov-20-06 03:46 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#97268, "RE: some random pics of the car"
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by taclipse
Originally posted by hazardeclipse Everything else looks so damn clean, but i cant get over the thermostat housing and the piece behind it... looks out of place kinda... the paint looks good, and god knows that they look horrible stock, but maybe they should be the same color? everything else looks amazing tho. cant wait to see pics when everything is done.
i was actually going for the that color scheme. All my lines are going to be ss with AN fittings, my regulator are those colors. I like it If anyone is local to tampa I do powdercoating... Might be able to hook it up with a 2gnt discount.

I picked up on the color scheme right away, I think it looks good because of that and I'm sure it will be even nicer when there are other things in the engine compartment that match it.

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

saikouDec-13-06 06:38 PM
Member since Nov 24th 2005
454 posts,
#97413, "RE: some random pics of the car"
In response to Reply # 12

That manifold needs some TLC.
Other than that... sexy time is correct.

taclipseDec-14-06 12:02 PM
200 posts,
#97419, "RE: some random pics of the car"
In response to Reply # 15

Originally posted by saikou
That manifold needs some TLC. Other than that... sexy time is correct.

the manifold is gonna be ran like that for a little just to ensure that it doesnt crack. I will ceramic coat it later on down the line.... its just not on the top of my list right now.

blcktalipseDec-14-06 12:13 PM
Member since Sep 20th 2003
1067 posts,
#97420, "RE: some random pics of the car"
In response to Reply # 16

white talon is nice!!! i love white talon too bad i have a dumb red eclipse blah

destruckeclipseDec-17-06 11:54 AM
Member since Apr 26th 2004
576 posts,
#97429, "RE: some random pics of the car"
In response to Reply # 17

Originally posted by blcktalipse
white talon is nice!!! i love white talon too bad i have a dumb red eclipse blah

LOL

Car is looking damn clean so far. Are you going to DD it?

'95 GSX - Big16G ~ Leaks, but atleast it runs.

taclipseDec-20-06 02:29 PM
200 posts,
#97447, "RE: some random pics of the car"
In response to Reply # 18

This thing is my dd.... no other way to do it!

edxmonDec-21-06 06:26 PM
Member since Jul 26th 2005
1006 posts,
#97448, "RE: some random pics of the car"
In response to Reply # 18
Dec-21-06 06:29 PM by edxmon

Originally posted by blcktalipse white talon is nice!!! i love white talon too bad i have a dumb red eclipse blah
LOL Car is looking damn clean so far. Are you going to DD it?

Red Eclipses FTW.... Also, whos red 2g is that behind yours?

Originally posted by turbo8u
his girl kept looking out and down my car like uh ok we're in this 100 whatever thousand dollar car and that little whatever it is just raped us.... turbo screamed past the window like a vortex of ownage :-P robbing his engine of all the air around, and thats how i like it

Originally posted by ez
I came across a huge sack of walnuts in my grandmas garage - I better make use of them.

I contributed to the wiki! My Page: edxmon

taclipseDec-24-06 02:47 AM
200 posts,
#97458, "RE: some random pics of the car"
In response to Reply # 20

Originally posted by edxmon
Originally posted by blcktalipse white talon is nice!!! i love white talon too bad i have a dumb red eclipse blah
LOL Car is looking damn clean so far. Are you going to DD it?
Red Eclipses FTW.... Also, whos red 2g is that behind yours?

in one of the pics my sis' car is behind mine, she has a red 2g spyder. In the other pic thats my boys travis' 2g. I just rebuilt the engine for him and I am helping him installing his turbo kit pretty soon. here are some pics of his car

mike_dDec-24-06 06:23 AM
Old School 2GNTer
718 posts,
#97459, "RE: some random pics of the car"
In response to Reply # 21

More details on the wire tuck. Are you still using the stock ecu? where did you put it and the fuse box?

95 Talon ESi-T

taclipseDec-30-06 08:29 AM
200 posts,
#97500, "RE: some random pics of the car"
In response to Reply # 22

Originally posted by mike_d
More details on the wire tuck. Are you still using the stock ecu? where did you put it and the fuse box?

yes sir. I am using a combination os Ms and the stock ecu. I extended all of the sensor wires using another harness for materials. I relocated the ecu and fuse box in a nice safe tuckaway inder the drivers side head light. The fuse and ecu are still accessible. here are some updated pics

I am working on ceramic coating the manifold, fabbing a wg dump tube and fabbing a nice guard for the ecu incase i decide to wreck into another vehicle which i dont plan on doing

edxmonDec-30-06 03:17 PM
Member since Jul 26th 2005
1006 posts,
#97501, "RE: some random pics of the car"
In response to Reply # 23

Bro thats looking amazing! If it weren't illegal idea turbo my car in a heart beat!

P.S. Where's the battery Y0!

Originally posted by turbo8u
his girl kept looking out and down my car like uh ok we're in this 100 whatever thousand dollar car and that little whatever it is just raped us.... turbo screamed past the window like a vortex of ownage :-P robbing his engine of all the air around, and thats how i like it

Originally posted by ez
I came across a huge sack of walnuts in my grandmas garage - I better make use of them.

I contributed to the wiki! My Page: edxmon

HipHop615Jan-01-07 08:41 AM
Member since Sep 14th 2003
2333 posts,
#97505, "RE: some random pics of the car"
In response to Reply # 24

Looking good man

Turbo8u - "I've never heard so many BOV's in my life at once..." (At So. Cali Meet-Up Sep. 25th)

Me - "I don't think I lost the love for my car, I think the cops took it..."

taclipseJan-01-07 12:30 PM
200 posts,
#97508, "RE: some random pics of the car"
In response to Reply # 25

I post on tampa racing alot. I posted some pics of my work and my car on there and instead of getting the usual, "why'd you waste your money" or "you should have sold it and bought a 4g63" I am getting positive remarks. I will post some numbers as soon as i get it on the dyno or the track wif slicks.

avengerowner23Sep-12-07 03:08 PM
Member since Mar 10th 2007
40 posts,
#99686, "RE: some random pics of the car"
In response to Reply # 26

any numbers yet?

taclipseSep-13-07 08:38 AM
200 posts,
#99694, "RE: some random pics of the car"
In response to Reply # 27

Originally posted by avengerowner23
any numbers yet?

I WISH! Ive been neglecting the talon! I am in the process of building 3 other cars.

taclipseSep-15-07 10:13 AM
200 posts,
#99702, "RE: some random pics of the car"
In response to Reply # 24
Sep-15-07 10:16 AM by taclipse

I just finished the gsx brake upgrade and retrofitted some jag projectors into my stock housings which were previously fitted with hids. The red one is my buddys car... I built the motor and he is now rocking a 20g
and this is my new project....

Slammed420ASep-18-07 08:34 AM
Member since Dec 11th 2006
114 posts,
#99711, "RE: some random pics of the car"
In response to Reply # 29
Sep-18-07 08:34 AM by Slammed420A

The car looks great! Do you have a pic of where your engine bay fuse box is located. I am in the process of doing a wire tuck too and i can't think of a good place for it. Thanks!

98 GS
Super 17c Turbo, Portfueler, Je pistons, Eagle rods, Etc.

taclipseSep-18-07 11:16 AM
200 posts,
#99712, "RE: some random pics of the car"
In response to Reply # 30

it is directly under the driverside headlight mounted against the frame rail. Sorry I never took pics when i was in the process of doing the tuck.
more pics:

dalesmitsuSep-18-07 12:20 PM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#99713, "RE: some random pics of the car"
In response to Reply # 31

Originally posted by taclipse
it is directly under the driverside headlight mounted against the frame rail. Sorry I never took pics when i was in the process of doing the tuck. more pics:

Awesome both DSM's I haven't installed my ViS CF hood on white Eclipse ran into problems while replacing my fender and bumper Heads from the bolts snapped from over torqued or corrison. Same prob for my valvecover bolts. Gonna have go to sears soon buy Dreml kit and drill bit for removing broken bolts.

Nice pics

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #97251 Previous topic | Next topic