Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #90007
View in linear mode

Subject: "Would it look better if....?" Previous topic | Next topic
eclipse982nrRSTOct-14-05 10:45 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#90007, "Would it look better if....?"

On the widebody front bumper, the 2 pieces that are molded on, they kinda look like the blitz front how they come down to a point....
Do you think it would look better if I connected the two together with a piece I would obviously make, then it would be straight across? It would kind of look like a lip spoiler going across.
Its hard to explain, but I hope you know what I mean.
Here are some pics:

^^^This is how it is now and I think it would look better and smoother if I connected them together.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Would it look better if....?, Max-Eclipse, Oct-14-05 11:05 AM, #1
RE: Would it look better if....?, EvMan2345, Oct-14-05 11:25 AM, #2
RE: Would it look better if....?, madhatter210, Oct-14-05 11:27 AM, #4
      RE: Would it look better if....?, Eclipse99fwb, Oct-14-05 11:37 AM, #5
      RE: Would it look better if....?, eclipse982nrRST, Oct-14-05 12:28 PM, #7
           RE: Would it look better if....?, destruckeclipse, Oct-14-05 12:52 PM, #8
                RE: Would it look better if....?, HardaTaq, Oct-16-05 07:24 AM, #9
RE: Would it look better if....?, Aggression, Oct-14-05 11:27 AM, #3
      RE: Would it look better if....?, DarkEclips96, Oct-14-05 11:58 AM, #6
           RE: Would it look better if....?, eclipse7782, Oct-16-05 06:36 PM, #10
                RE: Would it look better if....?, powellds, Oct-16-05 08:19 PM, #11
                     RE: Would it look better if....?, reeveso, Oct-17-05 06:39 AM, #12
                          RE: Would it look better if....?, CustomGS, Oct-17-05 07:14 AM, #13

Max-EclipseOct-14-05 11:05 AM
Member since Dec 08th 2004
527 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#90009, "RE: Would it look better if....?"
In response to Reply # 0

*maybe* if you painted it black. It wouldn't look good the same color as the car though.

Maybe you could round those points off... like leave it like it is, but fill it in where it curves back and towards the middle... if you know what i mean.

--------------------------------------
My Parts For Sale - http://picasaweb.google.com/schmeling88/CarParts

Contact me if you're interested in any.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

EvMan2345Oct-14-05 11:25 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1888 posts,
#90010, "RE: Would it look better if....?"
In response to Reply # 1

i kinda like it the way it is

Evan B
97 GS- sold
90 GSX-sold
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com

madhatter210Oct-14-05 11:27 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2720 posts,
#90012, "RE: Would it look better if....?"
In response to Reply # 2
Oct-14-05 11:36 AM by madhatter210

Hrmmm I dunno, I did a quick photochop of it and I think it looks alot better if it was a whole......then again I think it looks a little like a older z-28 daytona front end from the fmic down but I liked the look of those also.

before
after

http://www.murderpimp.com

2gnt T-shirts&swag
http://www.cafepress.com/mads

Eclipse99fwbOct-14-05 11:37 AM
Member since Dec 30th 2004
112 posts,
#90013, "RE: Would it look better if....?"
In response to Reply # 4

reminds me of a bumper off on Need for Speed(1st one) for the eclipse. It dont look bad, just different.

99 Eclipse RS=real slow
dsm= developing smart mechanics since 1990
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/771313

eclipse982nrRSTOct-14-05 12:28 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#90015, "RE: Would it look better if....?"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by madhatter210
Hrmmm I dunno, I did a quick photochop of it and I think it looks alot better if it was a whole......then again I think it looks a little like a older z-28 daytona front end from the fmic down but I liked the look of those also. before after

OMG THANKS! I LOVE IT.

Let the mold making begin muha!

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

destruckeclipseOct-14-05 12:52 PM
Member since Apr 26th 2004
576 posts,
#90016, "RE: Would it look better if....?"
In response to Reply # 7

Yeah that looks much better all the way across.

'95 GSX - Big16G ~ Leaks, but atleast it runs.

HardaTaqOct-16-05 07:24 AM
Member since Aug 29th 2005
139 posts,
#90037, "RE: Would it look better if....?"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by destruckeclipse
Yeah that looks much better all the way across.

definately

lower me

AggressionOct-14-05 11:27 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3025 posts,
#90011, "RE: Would it look better if....?"
In response to Reply # 1

I think it would look good if you went the whole way across myself! I think its a great idea!

--------------------

- 05 Subaru STi
- 97 eclipse gs (289whp w/ 276tq)

DarkEclips96Oct-14-05 11:58 AM
Member since May 23rd 2005
399 posts,
#90014, "RE: Would it look better if....?"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by Aggression
I think it would look good if you went the whole way across myself! I think its a great idea!

x2

2002 WRX
Eclipse RS-T..sold

eclipse7782Oct-16-05 06:36 PM
Member since Dec 14th 2004
215 posts,
#90059, "RE: Would it look better if....?"
In response to Reply # 6
Oct-16-05 06:39 PM by eclipse7782

I Agree but if you did, I would remove the carbon fiber lip, it might look a little weird with 2 lips. And remove that little section thats in the middle infront of the intercooler to, like you talked about in another post. Try and get the stock 2g foglights as well and paint the fog light covers for them green.

powelldsOct-16-05 08:19 PM
Member since Jul 06th 2003
916 posts,
#90061, "RE: Would it look better if....?"
In response to Reply # 10

yeah, all the way accross is cooler than the way it was before, go for it.
~Jeffo

Like my tail lights? Get used to looking at them.

reevesoOct-17-05 06:39 AM
Member since Nov 01st 2003
512 posts,
#90067, "RE: Would it look better if....?"
In response to Reply # 11

def. go for it, and take the other spoiler off tho, two looks kinda weird

**Ebay intake w/ injen filter, 55mm TB, Thermal R&D NT Catback, F & R upper strut bars,
**Waiting to be installed: Hurricane GS lower tie bars, AFX UDP

CustomGSOct-17-05 07:14 AM
Member since Jul 15th 2004
668 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#90068, "RE: Would it look better if....?"
In response to Reply # 12

Do it Mike. It would look good. It would look more like my front but better because of your fmic.

Chris
---------------------------------------

98 Eclipse GS 5 spd- sold
95 Camaro Z28
64.5 Mustang 302 3spd

Originally posted by DR1665
Sometimes, you don't need to pull away to win. You just need to show them they have nowhere to run.

Originally posted by Nine5eclipse03
No, but one time i tried to pee over a car, and pooped my pants.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #90007 Previous topic | Next topic