Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #73917
View in linear mode

Subject: "Where can I compare car colors." Previous topic | Next topic
1998EclipseRSJun-19-04 07:55 AM
Member since Jul 31st 2002
3245 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73917, "Where can I compare car colors."

I'm re-painting my car. I want some ideas... is there like a swatch site for dupont or valspar or something like that I could check out?!

Any ideas on a cool color?!?!

Thanks!

1998 Eclipse RS... Rest in Pieces. I'll never forget you.
www.EyesOfTheBetrayer.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Where can I compare car colors., injendsm, Jun-19-04 08:00 AM, #1
RE: Where can I compare car colors., 1998EclipseRS, Jun-19-04 08:01 AM, #2
      RE: Where can I compare car colors., injendsm, Jun-19-04 08:29 AM, #3
           RE: Where can I compare car colors., djtrickee, Jun-19-04 09:44 AM, #4
                RE: Where can I compare car colors., Mattcky2k, Jun-19-04 10:17 AM, #5
                     RE: Where can I compare car colors., turbo8u, Jun-19-04 02:28 PM, #6
                          RE: Where can I compare car colors., BumpinTalon, Jun-19-04 05:12 PM, #7
                               RE: Where can I compare car colors., SPL_Eclipse, Jun-19-04 06:24 PM, #8
                               RE: Where can I compare car colors., bedlam32570, Jun-19-04 10:04 PM, #9
                                    RE: Where can I compare car colors., Aggression, Jun-20-04 01:39 AM, #10
                                         RE: Where can I compare car colors., pfmicks, Jun-20-04 03:16 AM, #11
                                              RE: Where can I compare car colors., 1998EclipseRS, Jun-20-04 10:23 AM, #12
                               RE: Where can I compare car colors., willmayo, Jun-20-04 11:58 AM, #13
                                    RE: Where can I compare car colors., Blizare, Jun-20-04 12:11 PM, #14
                                    RE: Where can I compare car colors., Uberingram, Jun-20-04 02:00 PM, #16
RE: Where can I compare car colors., WiseGuy, Jun-20-04 01:02 PM, #15
RE: Where can I compare car colors., Kaoz78, Jun-20-04 02:03 PM, #17
      RE: Where can I compare car colors., Steve, Jun-20-04 08:17 PM, #18

injendsmJun-19-04 08:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6844 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73919, "RE: Where can I compare car colors."
In response to Reply # 0

daytona blue is a nice choice imo. its the blue on 350z's.

www.gregsorrells.com

http://ubanimator.com>

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

1998EclipseRSJun-19-04 08:01 AM
3245 posts,
#73920, "RE: Where can I compare car colors."
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by injendsm
daytona blue is a nice choice imo. its the blue on 350z's.

Thanks for your idea, not a bad one at all but I've noticed alot of blue eclipses. Any other ideas?

injendsmJun-19-04 08:29 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6844 posts,
#73921, "RE: Where can I compare car colors."
In response to Reply # 2

hmmm............what color is your car now?

www.gregsorrells.com

http://ubanimator.com>

djtrickeeJun-19-04 09:44 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#73922, "RE: Where can I compare car colors."
In response to Reply # 3

well... there's really only 1 true choice... BLACK!!!!

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

Mattcky2kJun-19-04 10:17 AM
Member since Jan 27th 2002
1135 posts,
#73924, "RE: Where can I compare car colors."
In response to Reply # 4

i'm wanting to re-paint mine too and i've been looking on cardomain alot. not just eclipses but everything. but i really like the graphite colors. it's like dark grey or something

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX: K&N Filter, John Sheppard built transmission with GVR4 1st gear, autometer boost gauge, "free mods", Greddy type-s BOV, broken shifter

turbo8uJun-19-04 02:28 PM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#73929, "RE: Where can I compare car colors."
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by 1998EclipseRS
Where can I compare car colors

why compare when the simple fact remains:

black > all

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

"turnin wrenches for nine hours in the pouring rain, just to get the beast up and running again"

Aerospace Certified TIG welder for Precision Castparts in Portland, OR.

JoshSpair.com

BumpinTalonJun-19-04 05:12 PM
Member since Mar 23rd 2004
2381 posts,
#73936, "RE: Where can I compare car colors."
In response to Reply # 6

I disagree

burgundy-ish-purple-y > all

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

SPL_EclipseJun-19-04 06:24 PM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
#73938, "RE: Where can I compare car colors."
In response to Reply # 7

BLACK.

cbcc

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

bedlam32570Jun-19-04 10:04 PM
Member since Jan 09th 2002
1240 posts,
#73942, "RE: Where can I compare car colors."
In response to Reply # 8

how about black cherry

AggressionJun-20-04 01:39 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3025 posts,
#73945, "RE: Where can I compare car colors."
In response to Reply # 9
Jun-20-04 01:44 AM by Aggression

Black is > then all. But a pain in the ass to maintain. You have to admit though nothing looks sexier then a clean black car...NOTHING!!!

I was also told at a car show by a judge that if there were 2 cars being judged in the same category and it came down to stock paint...the black car would take it every time. He said due to the simple fact that black is the hardest to maintain and keep looking nice.

Mine is black now but I am getting mine painted in less then a month to either S2000 Silver or the 350Z Silver haven't decided yet. Can't wait though, I am getting anxious!

As for your car and the color you are going to go with and if you are looking to get a color no one really has then get that eggshell white color they used on the 3g's. I haven't seen it on a 2g yet, and I contemplated get it myself. I think that would look sweet with a set of Gunmetal rims the ones with a polished lip, cf hood, and wingless. But that is just my .02 centAroonies.

Good luck with your choice and don't forget, post pics after you get it done.

--------------------

- 05 Subaru STi
- 97 eclipse gs (289whp w/ 276tq)

pfmicksJun-20-04 03:16 AM
Member since Oct 10th 2002
1349 posts,
#73946, "RE: Where can I compare car colors."
In response to Reply # 10

How about a light blue? Maybe the new Honda S2000 blue will look nice...especially with gunmetal rims

User banned for scamming members on 2GNT, WIDSM, and CHITOWNDSM. This user and his brother Jason Ames have been involved with theft of parts from other DSM members. This individual is not trustworthy and should not be involved in any type of sale.

1998EclipseRSJun-20-04 10:23 AM
3245 posts,
#73955, "RE: Where can I compare car colors."
In response to Reply # 11

Originally posted by pfmicks
How about a light blue? Maybe the new Honda S2000 blue will look nice...especially with gunmetal rims

My car is gunmetal color, I've got 18 inch gunmetal rims... I'm thinking a mustang green?

willmayoJun-20-04 11:58 AM
Donating 2GNT member
680 posts,
#73957, "RE: Where can I compare car colors."
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by BumpinTalon
I disagree burgundy-ish-purple-y > all

werd!

--------------------
99 GS-Turbo 3.55 MTX
S16G @ ~15psi - FMIC - Forged Internals
Clinton Township, MI

BlizareJun-20-04 12:11 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#73958, "RE: Where can I compare car colors."
In response to Reply # 13

ummm....CBCC IMO for sure.

but I do like other colors too....

Cadillac pearl white owns....

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

UberingramJun-20-04 02:00 PM
Donating 2GNT member
10001 posts,
#73966, "RE: Where can I compare car colors."
In response to Reply # 13

Originally posted by willmayo
Originally posted by BumpinTalon I disagree burgundy-ish-purple-y > all
werd!

Triple w3rd.

WiseGuyJun-20-04 01:02 PM
Member since Dec 01st 2003
19 posts,
#73961, "RE: Where can I compare car colors."
In response to Reply # 0

check out the dark silver (gunmetal?) on mustang cobras. i dunno for some reason it looks pretty sweet. its also not common at all

Kaoz78Jun-20-04 02:03 PM
Member since Dec 20th 2003
407 posts,
#73967, "RE: Where can I compare car colors."
In response to Reply # 15
Jun-20-04 02:03 PM by Kaoz78

Originally posted by WiseGuy
check out the dark silver (gunmetal?) on mustang cobras. i dunno for some reason it looks pretty sweet. its also not common at all

That's Mineral Grey Just a lil FYI.

SteveJun-20-04 08:17 PM
Member since Sep 15th 2003
1542 posts,
#73983, "RE: Where can I compare car colors."
In response to Reply # 17

greyish silver dsm's own..like mine..Ive only seen one talon that was grey like mine

Steve-o
Top secret.

Originally posted by FlyinEsi
I guess I'll just have to live with a 500+ hp AWD 4-banger.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #73917 Previous topic | Next topic