Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #35807
View in linear mode

Subject: "How much to install a kit?" Previous topic | Next topic
1FastEclipseDec-04-02 02:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
467 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#35807, "How much to install a kit?"

I bought a blitz kit for my car and was wondering what kind of price I should be looking at to have it installed and painted by a body shop. Also I upgraded my spoiler to the higher hoop, any solutions on how to get rid of the holes that are in the side panels and hatch from the old spoiler? Thanks alot guys.

99GSX Auto 14b@17psi 13.345@102mph

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: How much to install a kit?, 9D9 MITSU RS, Dec-04-02 07:23 AM, #1
RE: How much to install a kit?, RSConversion, Dec-04-02 07:44 AM, #2
      RE: How much to install a kit?, loudgs, Dec-04-02 07:49 AM, #3
           RE: How much to install a kit?, 1FastEclipse, Dec-04-02 10:11 AM, #4
                RE: How much to install a kit?, RSConversion, Dec-04-02 10:14 AM, #5
                     RE: How much to install a kit?, shuwa29, Dec-04-02 11:52 AM, #6
                          RE: How much to install a kit?, shuwa29, Dec-04-02 02:59 PM, #7
                               RE: How much to install a kit?, 250lemans, Dec-04-02 04:18 PM, #8
                                    RE: How much to install a kit?, RSConversion, Dec-04-02 05:49 PM, #9
                                         RE: How much to install a kit?, shuwa29, Dec-05-02 07:31 AM, #10
                                              RE: How much to install a kit?, Amish_Eclipse, Dec-05-02 01:17 PM, #11

9D9 MITSU RSDec-04-02 07:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#35808, "RE: How much to install a kit?"
In response to Reply # 0

you have probably over $1,000 worth of work. Deoendson location. They have to make the kit fit, probably fiberglass it, all fiberglass kits come with some minor cracks, so they have to be filled, etc.
Then the spoiler holes have to be welded and then the whole rear side panel has to be repainted. also the hatch. Filling the spoiler holes can cost up to like 800+/- alone. And sometimes body kits are around 700+/- to install. So you are a little over $1,000 with all that probably. Maybe more or less, depending on the location you are at, the shop you choose, and the quality of work you have done.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

RSConversionDec-04-02 07:44 AM
Member since Dec 02nd 2002
67 posts,
#35809, "RE: How much to install a kit?"
In response to Reply # 1

You could do that or your you could do this...
For the spoiler take some grease and put it on the bolts for mounting insert them through the spoiler then set that thing on your trunk BAM you now know where to drill....find a good close sized drill bit and drill them out... now for the old holes take a piece of aluminum (even a cut piece of coke can works) flatten it out and go to your hardware store youll need these things...

Bondo and a tube of hardener
Primer your color car paint and clear coat all in spray paint cans
JB Weld Liquid Steel

Now sand a good 2 inch patch around each hole and clean it really well, JB weld the pieces of aluminum you have found to the bottom side of the old holes for your old spoiler (not on the outside of the car on the inside) and wait on that to dry (overnight) once its dry make sure the aluminum is properly welded up if you see any unwelded pieces mix some more JB and fix them. Now mix some bondo not very much hardener at all about a teaspoon of bondo only needs a little squirt of hardener, be quick because that shit drys fast and patch the top of the holes where the spoiler was (this time bondo on outside of car)wait an hour or two for that stuff to harden good... Now sand it smooth and even with the car and clean it off. Patch off the spot to paint with some masking tape and cloths and prime the entire area only one coat. Wait 3 hours or so for it to dry and then paint the main color on 3 coats 30min drying time between coats and then wait 3 hours for it to dry. Now take a good clean coth and buff the ever living shit outa the paint you painted on till its shinny as crap. Now coat it 2 times 30min between coats with the clear coat and after 3 hours rebuff. It will look like a pro did it if you dont messs up if you do its a learning exp and not that hard to fix. Now for the body kit same painting proceedure applies but make sure you fit the kit well if its fiberglass then just bondo the small cracks etc if its urethane then you have nothing to sweat over.

BAM! you just mounted your own wing and kit! ...remember when you paint do it slowly and dont EVER stop moving your hand use small sweeps of spraying and only coat thin dont glob it on or it will run. Keep your hand about 6" to 8" from the item your painting...This is a trial and error deal the first time you paint something but just stick to these tips youll do better than you think and by the way use Dupli Color Spraypaint it is very strong and it's a high quality paint. It won't chip and it will match your paint color better than cheaper paints.

I have done my own and countless of my friends body kits and wings and even some custom fiberglass molding with spraypaint (just take your time).

You can get this done for about $50 in supplys and a good 3-4 days worth of hard work.

198hp @6350 rpm NA 420A (Thanks to new JE forged 9.5:1 Deep Dishers ready for Zex Nitrous 150 Shot) -THIS IS NOT MY CAR ITS A FRIENDS!

loudgsDec-04-02 07:49 AM
Member since Apr 10th 2002
611 posts,
#35810, "RE: How much to install a kit?"
In response to Reply # 2

awesome writeup RSconversion, btw, what wing is that?

1993 Eagle Talon Tsi FWD
6 bolt swap COMPLETE!
ACT flywheel, ACT 2600, Joe P MBC, Autometer boost guage, Buschur DP, Buschur high flow cat, prothane motor mounts, BM tranny lsd insert, K&N,balance shafts eliminated, EGR blocked, free mods, and sweet ass 16g @ 18psi.

1FastEclipseDec-04-02 10:11 AM
Donating 2GNT member
467 posts,
#35811, "RE: How much to install a kit?"
In response to Reply # 3

Thanks alot for all the help guys. I appriciate you taking the time to explain that to me. Couldn't do this without ya!

99GSX Auto 14b@17psi 13.345@102mph

RSConversionDec-04-02 10:14 AM
67 posts,
#35812, "RE: How much to install a kit?"
In response to Reply # 4

It's an invader wing and thnks for compliment btw your car looks good like the front fascia.

198hp @6350 rpm NA 420A (Thanks to new JE forged 9.5:1 Deep Dishers ready for Zex Nitrous 150 Shot) -THIS IS NOT MY CAR ITS A FRIENDS!

shuwa29Dec-04-02 11:52 AM
Member since Mar 15th 2002
2301 posts,
#35813, "RE: How much to install a kit?"
In response to Reply # 5

i'm just curious about something rsconversion? your sig says 187@6200 rpm N/A. but the car in your profile is a 96 gsx. i'm just a little lost here. which one is which?
later

2GNT #1865
2006 Yamaha YZF R6 (Blue/Black)
2005 Honda CBR 600 RR (Blue REPSOL)
2003 BMW 325I Premium/Sport Package
2003 Honda CBR 600 RR (sold)
1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS (sold)
Shuwa's links:
http://www.facebook.com/Shuwa29
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b50/shuwa29/

DarkOne> but we all have that inner ricer that is just dying to come out sometimes...

shuwa29Dec-04-02 02:59 PM
2301 posts,
#35814, "RE: How much to install a kit?"
In response to Reply # 6

by the way, the red eclipse at eliterides.com is a 96 gsx, the one in your sig. i forgot to add that earlier. so please clear this up for i feel i will not sleep if i don't know which one is which. thanks.
later

2GNT #1865
Shuwa's links:

DarkOne> but we all have that inner ricer that is just dying to come out sometimes...

250lemansDec-04-02 04:18 PM
Member since Jul 11th 2002
257 posts,
#35815, "RE: How much to install a kit?"
In response to Reply # 7

on the spoiler you could do what i did look in every junk yard an dmstrader.com here also for parts car for a 95 wingless or a talon low wing and have it painted for 150 total 380 not 800 i know with the talon you have to keep the low spoiler but it doesn'y look that bad good luck

RSConversionDec-04-02 05:49 PM
67 posts,
#35816, "RE: How much to install a kit?"
In response to Reply # 8

in response to shuwa the car in the pic is a friend of mine... oh btw we ran 1/4 tonight came up with a best of 14.41 that's pritty damn good for a full interior minus back seats. I think mostly it was due to the gearing ratios we used... Ive seen the same gearing we used run a 10.29 with only 380hp

shuwa29Dec-05-02 07:31 AM
2301 posts,
#35817, "RE: How much to install a kit?"
In response to Reply # 9

ok, so that's not your car. that cleared up one thing. but what about the 187hp@6200 rpm N/A? what and who's car is that? what they got done to it? just wondering.
later

2GNT #1865
Shuwa's links:

Amish_EclipseDec-05-02 01:17 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
#35818, "RE: How much to install a kit?"
In response to Reply # 10

intake exhaust AFC and a 75 shot would net that HP. alot of people would say n2o takes you off the NA list though.

http://www.ocaddict.com

thanks beefgg for the sig

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #35807 Previous topic | Next topic