Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #22616
View in linear mode

Subject: "19s/safety issues?" Previous topic | Next topic
99EclipseMay-20-02 03:37 AM
Old School 2GNTer
853 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22616, "19s/safety issues?"

I have been able to purchase 18s or 19s for the last 3 months and they are deffinatly going to be either 18x8 or 19x8 O.Z. Antares chrome. 19s look the best on our cars and I realy want them but if I get them will I be eating tires up like crazy? Is it safe to drive around with 19s? I don't want a blowout at say anything over 60 mph the result wouldn't look so nice.. I am going with a Hahn stage 3 w/ 20g and FMIC but this car will be more show with the capablity to perform and will push 15 psi daily driven.

tia

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: 19s/safety issues?, Amish_Eclipse, May-20-02 04:29 AM, #1
RE: 19s/safety issues?, dsmprobe, May-20-02 03:06 PM, #2
      RE: 19s/safety issues?, Mystic511, May-20-02 04:11 PM, #3
           RE: 19s/safety issues?, 99Eclipse, May-20-02 04:37 PM, #4
                RE: 19s/safety issues?, LoudEclipse, May-20-02 04:40 PM, #5
                     RE: 19s/safety issues?, 99Eclipse, May-21-02 10:05 AM, #6
                          RE: 19s/safety issues?, Mystic511, May-25-02 06:26 PM, #7
                               RE: 19s/safety issues?, cyan, May-26-02 06:47 AM, #8
                                    RE: 19s/safety issues?, Lotalon, May-26-02 12:50 PM, #9
                                         RE: 19s/safety issues?, HeartOfDarkness, May-26-02 04:39 PM, #10
                                              RE: 19s/safety issues?, HeartOfDarkness, May-26-02 04:41 PM, #11
                                                   RE: 19s/safety issues?, 99Eclipse, May-27-02 02:38 AM, #12
                                                        RE: 19s/safety issues?, 99Eclipse, May-27-02 03:30 AM, #13
                                                        RE: 19s/safety issues?, rfpunch, May-27-02 08:31 AM, #14
                                                             RE: 19s/safety issues?, cyan, May-27-02 02:05 PM, #15

Amish_EclipseMay-20-02 04:29 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22617, "RE: 19s/safety issues?"
In response to Reply # 0

with the right tire size and proper pressure 19's are safe

http://www.ocaddict.com

thanks beefgg for the sig

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

dsmprobeMay-20-02 03:06 PM
Member since Feb 15th 2002
162 posts,
#22618, "RE: 19s/safety issues?"
In response to Reply # 1

ditto but i would run with 18s IMHO

Mystic511May-20-02 04:11 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1582 posts,
#22619, "RE: 19s/safety issues?"
In response to Reply # 2

lotalon has OZ antares 19's.. and he's fine, so you should be fine too. =)

http://www.boostabuse.com to see his car.

16.1 @ 87.11
http://www.virtuallyinfamous.com

ARD 57mm tb and p&p manifold, Neuspeed STB, Pro-kits, Illuminas, Injen CAI with K&N, 2.5" pacesetter catback,
AF/X UDP, Rear STB, Powerslot rotors, RRE SS Brakelines.

99EclipseMay-20-02 04:37 PM
Old School 2GNTer
853 posts,
#22620, "RE: 19s/safety issues?"
In response to Reply # 3

Yeah, but is lotalon a stage 3 with a 20g? I don't think so..

LoudEclipseMay-20-02 04:40 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1758 posts,
#22621, "RE: 19s/safety issues?"
In response to Reply # 4

if you are so concerned, get 18's for daily driving, 19"s for show, brad is stage 594688967290 and has 18's i believe, you obviously have billions of dollars, buy 2 sets

99EclipseMay-21-02 10:05 AM
Old School 2GNTer
853 posts,
#22622, "RE: 19s/safety issues?"
In response to Reply # 5

Im keep my stock OZ 16s for raceing and the 18s or 19s are gonna be for show which will be most of the time as this is a daily driver except during winters. As far as billions of dollars.. I wish.. not yet anyway

Mystic511May-25-02 06:26 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1582 posts,
#22623, "RE: 19s/safety issues?"
In response to Reply # 6

um... lotaln is going stage 5. so yea, i do think so.

16.1 @ 87.11
http://www.virtuallyinfamous.com

ARD 57mm tb and p&p manifold, Neuspeed STB, Pro-kits, Illuminas, Injen CAI with K&N, 2.5" pacesetter catback,
AF/X UDP, Rear STB, Powerslot rotors, RRE SS Brakelines.

cyanMay-26-02 06:47 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#22624, "RE: 19s/safety issues?"
In response to Reply # 7

yeah i was gonna say keith already has those rims so you may wana pick something else out. also, he is turbo now and let me tell you, even without a turbo, you got a long, LONG way to go to be anywhere near the level of some of the board members here. you cant slap on 19s and a turbo and think youre competing, keith and i have spent over $30,000 each to get where we are. but if you are stage fiv-ing it, i wouldnt recommend 19's anyway, my nitto's cost $200 per tire, and the 19s will severely offset the power of a stage 5 turbo kit.

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

LotalonMay-26-02 12:50 PM
Old School 2GNTer
256 posts,
#22625, "RE: 19s/safety issues?"
In response to Reply # 8

that is cool bro u can get what evre rims and tires u want

i think the anteras look sick on an eclipse

espec now a widebody clipse hehe

my car is done just puttin the finishin touches on i will have pics before my wedding and before i leave on my honeymoon.

the 19's are great i drive daily and drove nopi and back no issues at all

my car isnt turbo yet.
I need to wait a month or 2 to break it in before i do turbo i have alot of tunin and need to save up for something else before i do the install

ive got the new crane cams, gears ,port polish .30 over
new pistons and rods so its ready but for the first 3 months i need to have reliable everyday driver for shows.
cant have it fuckin up which 90% of turbo installs run into little probs that need to be fixed.

But i do have a new toy )))))

50ft duel Enclosed trailer
and a 98 dually.

I think come july or august my baby will be all show and drag no more street driven.

but anyway enough rambling

Cyan, what show u hittin next

Keith

HeartOfDarknessMay-26-02 04:39 PM
Member since May 24th 2002
182 posts,
#22626, "RE: 19s/safety issues?"
In response to Reply # 9

Both look cool.
It looks like you not going to plus size. So just make sure you get your speedo and tach fixed, and you should be set.

------------------------------

HeartOfDarknessMay-26-02 04:41 PM
Member since May 24th 2002
182 posts,
#22627, "RE: 19s/safety issues?"
In response to Reply # 10

oops,sorry not paying attention, watching TV....
Just the speedo.

------------------------------

99EclipseMay-27-02 02:38 AM
Old School 2GNTer
853 posts,
#22628, "RE: 19s/safety issues?"
In response to Reply # 11

Hey Cyan you are rite damn you Keith I always loved them rims and never seen them on a DSM until I stumbled upon your website, looks real good on DSMs and they give a bigger appearance due to the way there designed.. I guess its back to the drawing boards for me.. Neeper is lookin good to me now..

Cyan I am not just jumping into it i've been getting little things here and there for quite sometime now and will slap it all on after my body kit is molded on and then the paint, im sending my car down south to get a $20,000 airbrush job all custom and the design was designed by me, already have the HRC Stage 3 coming w/ 20g and FMIC so Keith can have his candy paint and for a system I have an Eclipse 8051 HU, USAmps 100x, Focal Utopia 136w componets, USAmps USA-2000 and 2 Digital Design 9012s w/ carbon fiber dustcaps which I shouldn't have never got because im most likely goning to mount them isobaric anyway hows that for an independant 19 y/o with no sponsers and yes that includes mommy. Ill adventually be Stage 5 but im gonna work my way up there from Stage 3 so I can learn along the way. But as of now its just a stock daily driver even though im tempted to just start slapin the stuff I have on now but im not going to, it will all pay off in the end and I mean literally.

Anyway i've always been a big fan of both you Cyan and Keith for what you have done with your rides and to tell you the truth when I seen your ride Keith on the cover of some mag a year or so ago and went threw it and read the articles about all the stuff you done that was what inspired me just to go all out and lay it all on the line, then I came here and met Cyan amongst others who have inspired me and I thrive off competition so Keith and Cyan and any other show gods on here I look foward to seeing you at some shows in a few years and meeting you, until then im gonna be a really busy guy. BTW Keith congrats on the wedding.

99EclipseMay-27-02 03:30 AM
Old School 2GNTer
853 posts,
#22629, "RE: 19s/safety issues?"
In response to Reply # 12

Cyan did you have any tranny work done at Stage 2? How long you been Stage 2 and do you have any future mods planned? Just curious..

rfpunchMay-27-02 08:31 AM
Old School 2GNTer
518 posts,
#22630, "RE: 19s/safety issues?"
In response to Reply # 12

>Hey Cyan you are rite damn you Keith I always loved them
>rims and never seen them on a DSM until I stumbled upon your
>website, looks real good on DSMs and they give a bigger
>appearance due to the way there designed.. I guess its back
>to the drawing boards for me.. Neeper is lookin good to me
>now..
>
>Cyan I am not just jumping into it i've been getting little
>things here and there for quite sometime now and will slap
>it all on after my body kit is molded on and then the paint,
>im sending my car down south to get a $20,000 airbrush job
>all custom and the design was designed by me, already have
>the HRC Stage 3 coming w/ 20g and FMIC so Keith can have his
>candy paint and for a system I have an Eclipse 8051 HU,
>USAmps 100x, Focal Utopia 136w componets, USAmps USA-2000
>and 2 Digital Design 9012s w/ carbon fiber dustcaps which I
>shouldn't have never got because im most likely goning to
>mount them isobaric anyway hows that for an independant 19
>y/o with no sponsers and yes that includes mommy. Ill
>adventually be Stage 5 but im gonna work my way up there
>from Stage 3 so I can learn along the way. But as of now its
>just a stock daily driver even though im tempted to just
>start slapin the stuff I have on now but im not going to, it
>will all pay off in the end and I mean literally.

feel the need to flaunt a little bit eh? on topic, get 19s if you have the money

98 Eclipse GS Turbo - SOLD
03 Eclipse GT
05 Suzuki GSXR 600

cyanMay-27-02 02:05 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#22631, "RE: 19s/safety issues?"
In response to Reply # 14

thanks, i was just saying its really cool if you dont speak about what you ordered but bust out with it all at once when its on your car, good luck at stage 3. ive been stage 2 since day one. i just never hooked up intercooler pipes. ive got a leaky gasket and weak #4 compression so its not going higher than 5 pounds until later this year wheni get the rebuild (which is coming AFTER the "rebuild" on my home theatre system). hopefully i can have both done by the end of the year. and i am also not too sure i will be able to hold off repainting my car before the rebuild either, its tempting me. i am still searching for the brightest white paint possible, and im gonna clearcoat the shit out of it. (my car still has its little scars from the girl that owned it before me in 1998, they just all happen to be in areas that i never modded, such as fenders and doors). im not sure what my next show will be, probably HIN Atlanta in august.

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #22616 Previous topic | Next topic