Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 5 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #104488
View in linear mode

Subject: "Inexpensive replacement headlights" Previous topic | Next topic
electroheadMar-20-10 08:42 AM
Member since Dec 13th 2009
182 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#104488, "Inexpensive replacement headlights"

I`ve been looking around for some headlights to finish my 97 front end conversion and I`ve been needing to replace my EBay projectors. After looking online, I found what looks to be a good choice for anyone that needs 97 and up headlights. I ordered a set of oem style 2gb headlights from headlightsdepot.com and when they came in, they look pretty damn good. I paid $102 total with shipping, which definately beats the dealer price. I`ll let everyone know how they hold up and if I start to develop condensation inside, like most aftermarket headlights do. Just figured I`d let people know of another place to get a set of 2gb headlights online.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Inexpensive replacement headlights, whtclipse98, Mar-20-10 12:58 PM, #1
RE: Inexpensive replacement headlights, electrohead, Mar-20-10 01:16 PM, #2
      RE: Inexpensive replacement headlights, AdministratorCODE4, Mar-20-10 01:58 PM, #3
           RE: Inexpensive replacement headlights, electrohead, Mar-20-10 10:45 PM, #4
                RE: Inexpensive replacement headlights, AdministratorCODE4, Mar-21-10 08:31 AM, #5
                     RE: Inexpensive replacement headlights, electrohead, Mar-21-10 09:05 AM, #6
                          RE: Inexpensive replacement headlights, azdave, Mar-22-10 11:21 AM, #7
                               RE: Inexpensive replacement headlights, electrohead, Mar-31-10 08:53 PM, #8
                                    RE: Inexpensive replacement headlights, baconater3000, Mar-31-10 10:35 PM, #9

whtclipse98Mar-20-10 12:58 PM
Member since Mar 18th 2009
137 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#104489, "RE: Inexpensive replacement headlights"
In response to Reply # 0

They are knock offs and will begin to either fade or peel within 6 months.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

electroheadMar-20-10 01:16 PM
182 posts,
#104492, "RE: Inexpensive replacement headlights"
In response to Reply # 1

You had those before, then? Do you think getting some headlight film like Lamin-x will help prolong the clarity of the lights? I got those because I got really sick of depending on my fog lights to be able to see at night.

AdministratorCODE4Mar-20-10 01:58 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#104493, "RE: Inexpensive replacement headlights"
In response to Reply # 2

put a layer of venture shield over them and they will last.

---

2012 2500HD LML

electroheadMar-20-10 10:45 PM
182 posts,
#104495, "RE: Inexpensive replacement headlights"
In response to Reply # 3

Thanks for the positive info, CODE4. Do I go to a body/paint shop to get Ventureshield put on? I really don`t want to chance it putting it on myself. Plus, is it easier with the headlights removed or does it matter if they`re on the car? Sorry for all the questions, I just want to get the lights to hold up well.

AdministratorCODE4Mar-21-10 08:31 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#104496, "RE: Inexpensive replacement headlights"
In response to Reply # 4

Venture Shield can be picked up on ebay and other tinting places if you call around. It is easier to apply with the headlights off the vehicle.

It is definitely a DIY project - do not be afraid; you are not going to fuck up your new lamp housings.

---

2012 2500HD LML

electroheadMar-21-10 09:05 AM
182 posts,
#104497, "RE: Inexpensive replacement headlights"
In response to Reply # 5

I just looked on You Tube and saw how the film is installed on headlights. It would definately be a waste to pay someone money when it`s that easy to do. Again, thanks for the info.

azdaveMar-22-10 11:21 AM
Member since Nov 25th 2003
694 posts,
#104499, "RE: Inexpensive replacement headlights"
In response to Reply # 6
Mar-22-10 12:25 PM by azdave

Originally posted by electrohead
I just looked on You Tube and saw how the film is installed on headlights. It would definately be a waste to pay someone money when it`s that easy to do. Again, thanks for the info.

I sell the Ventureshield film at my cost. PM me if interested.

electroheadMar-31-10 08:53 PM
182 posts,
#104541, "RE: Inexpensive replacement headlights"
In response to Reply # 7

I picked up the film from a shop near my apartment. I took my time, did it right, and installed the lights after work right in the parking lot. I have to say, it feels damn good to be able to see at night. That, and the 235 45 17s I got, makes back road night driving fun again. lol

baconater3000Mar-31-10 10:35 PM
Member since Aug 11th 2009
104 posts,
#104542, "RE: Inexpensive replacement headlights"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by electrohead
I picked up the film from a shop near my apartment. I took my time, did it right, and installed the lights after work right in the parking lot. I have to say, it feels damn good to be able to see at night. That, and the 235 45 17s I got, makes back road night driving fun again. lol

Thats great...You know corbin is looking for an answer to his issue regaurding his 235 45's...he isn't sure how big of an offset on wheels he would need.

‹noboost› Four gee's and 63 years ago, our forefathers brought forth on this continent, a new dsm, concieved in Normal Illiniois...

Originally posted by barza21
barza + turbo = honda owning!!!!

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #104488 Previous topic | Next topic