Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #103984
View in linear mode

Subject: "My unmodified 98 talon" Previous topic | Next topic
TuxdreamerxSep-07-09 05:43 PM
Donating 2GNT member
384 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103984, "My unmodified 98 talon"

Just so I can reassure you I didnt rice the talon out here are some new pics.

I am also trying to figure out if the wing on this thing is factory or not.

These are for my 95 eclipse I traded the set of bomex sideskirts and factory headlights for them. Well worth it they are brand new APC projectors

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: My unmodified 98 talon, jeremy420a, Sep-07-09 07:49 PM, #1
RE: My unmodified 98 talon, Tuxdreamerx, Sep-07-09 08:48 PM, #2
      RE: My unmodified 98 talon, 420agreenvilleSC, Sep-07-09 09:53 PM, #3
           RE: My unmodified 98 talon, Moderatorteklein, Sep-08-09 06:03 AM, #4
                RE: My unmodified 98 talon, Tuxdreamerx, Sep-08-09 06:47 AM, #5
                     RE: My unmodified 98 talon, Flipboi89, Sep-08-09 02:16 PM, #6
                          RE: My unmodified 98 talon, dalesmitsu, Sep-08-09 02:31 PM, #7
                          RE: My unmodified 98 talon, RoninEclipse2G, Sep-09-09 04:57 PM, #9
                               RE: My unmodified 98 talon, Tuxdreamerx, Sep-09-09 08:01 PM, #10
                                    RE: My unmodified 98 talon, Malenko, Sep-09-09 08:38 PM, #11
                          RE: My unmodified 98 talon, Tuxdreamerx, Sep-08-09 09:26 PM, #8
                               RE: My unmodified 98 talon, dalesmitsu, Sep-09-09 08:41 PM, #12
RE: My unmodified 98 talon, jeremy420a, Sep-09-09 09:08 PM, #13
RE: My unmodified 98 talon, Tuxdreamerx, Sep-10-09 11:31 AM, #14
      RE: My unmodified 98 talon, Raine883, Sep-11-09 07:33 AM, #15
           RE: My unmodified 98 talon, clipse97, Sep-11-09 02:07 PM, #16
           RE: My unmodified 98 talon, RoninEclipse2G, Sep-11-09 04:48 PM, #17
                RE: My unmodified 98 talon, Tuxdreamerx, Sep-11-09 05:38 PM, #18
                     RE: My unmodified 98 talon, Raine883, Sep-15-09 07:23 AM, #19
                          RE: My unmodified 98 talon, Tuxdreamerx, Sep-15-09 07:27 PM, #20

jeremy420aSep-07-09 07:49 PM
Member since May 18th 2009
6 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103986, "RE: My unmodified 98 talon"
In response to Reply # 0

That wing came stock on some eclipse, but not on the talon.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TuxdreamerxSep-07-09 08:48 PM
Donating 2GNT member
384 posts,
#103987, "RE: My unmodified 98 talon"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by jeremy420a
That wing came stock on some eclipse, but not on the talon.

Terry just said it did come stock on some Talons.

420agreenvilleSCSep-07-09 09:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#103988, "RE: My unmodified 98 talon"
In response to Reply # 2

terry says i'm cool. believe what terry says.

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

ModeratortekleinSep-08-09 06:03 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#103990, "RE: My unmodified 98 talon"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC
terry says i'm cool. believe what terry says.

Mikey, calm down.

Looks good tux. Now dont rice this one all out to shit.

TuxdreamerxSep-08-09 06:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
384 posts,
#103991, "RE: My unmodified 98 talon"
In response to Reply # 4
Sep-08-09 06:50 AM by Tuxdreamerx

Lol. I misunderstood terry he said that some talons came with the raised up ring style wing. After he saw the picture he said it was a Eclipse RS wing.

I am not planning on ricing this out the only thing I want to do is put a nice set of wheels on it, get it painted, maybe some window tint and possibly a short ram intake but thats only to improve gas mileage. Stock exhaust will stay on it because its in perfect shape and sounds nice and quiet for my DD. Although this is the first time I have ever heard a stock exhaust lol.

Now i'll post pics of my 95 Eclipse 420a Turbo project when I feel like getting flamed because the previous owner custom painted the entire interior blue and orange. It does have a 4 point roll cage welded in though. It doesnt look nearly as bad at my last eclipse but I have a feeling I will get flamed, but hey guess what? No bomex buddy club bumpers and blits side skirts and thats just because that's what came with the car, like I have discussed before I am going wingless on it so no ricer wing, i'll keep that car's riciness to a minimal.

Flipboi89Sep-08-09 02:16 PM
Member since Oct 06th 2007
392 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103992, "RE: My unmodified 98 talon"
In response to Reply # 5
Sep-08-09 02:17 PM by Flipboi89

Its not flashy wow lol. Good job saving that car. Get the talon wing please.

Car Status: P0140 o2 circuit number bank 1 sensor 2 Cel. Ill fix it tomorow lol.

Estimated mileage on engine: 15,xxx

dalesmitsuSep-08-09 02:31 PM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#103993, "RE: My unmodified 98 talon"
In response to Reply # 6
Sep-08-09 02:31 PM by dalesmitsu

also came stock on gs too, my 2g is 97 gs with same wing.

RoninEclipse2GSep-09-09 04:57 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#104006, "RE: My unmodified 98 talon"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by dalesmitsu
also came stock on gs too, my 2g is 97 gs with same wing.

It's the stock low wing for ALL years of 2g eclipses

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

TuxdreamerxSep-09-09 08:01 PM
Donating 2GNT member
384 posts,
#104007, "RE: My unmodified 98 talon"
In response to Reply # 9
Sep-09-09 08:02 PM by Tuxdreamerx

Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G
Originally posted by dalesmitsu also came stock on gs too, my 2g is 97 gs with same wing.

But not talons correct. Funny thing is I saw a talon today that looked stock with that wing...

Edit: Oh and tell me why I have what appears to be 95-96 headlights on a 2gb talon....

MalenkoSep-09-09 08:38 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3534 posts,
#104008, "RE: My unmodified 98 talon"
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by Tuxdreamerx
Originally posted by dalesmitsu also came stock on gs too, my 2g is 97 gs with same wing.
But not talons correct. Funny thing is I saw a talon today that looked stock with that wing... Edit: Oh and tell me why I have what appears to be 95-96 headlights on a 2gb talon....

I think, Im not 100% positive there is either a gap between the headlights and the bumper, it has a a 95/96 bumper or all the talons have smaller headlights then eclipses.....

TuxdreamerxSep-08-09 09:26 PM
Donating 2GNT member
384 posts,
#103995, "RE: My unmodified 98 talon"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by Flipboi89
Its not flashy wow lol. Good job saving that car. Get the talon wing please.

I like this wing lol. Its better than my aluminum wing isnt it?

dalesmitsuSep-09-09 08:41 PM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#104010, "RE: My unmodified 98 talon"
In response to Reply # 8

Yup, its better than your surf board and oe front bumper is better than your picnic table.

I personally don't like this short wing and I'm not a wing man.

jeremy420aSep-09-09 09:08 PM
Member since May 18th 2009
6 posts,
#104012, "RE: My unmodified 98 talon"
In response to Reply # 0

All 2g talons came with the 2ga headlights,only 97-99 eclipses came with the 2gb headlights.

TuxdreamerxSep-10-09 11:31 AM
Donating 2GNT member
384 posts,
#104017, "RE: My unmodified 98 talon"
In response to Reply # 13

Originally posted by jeremy420a
All 2g talons came with the 2ga headlights,only 97-99 eclipses came with the 2gb headlights.

Ahhh I see that makes since.

Raine883Sep-11-09 07:33 AM
Member since Jul 17th 2009
49 posts,
#104018, "RE: My unmodified 98 talon"
In response to Reply # 14

Id say put a nice set of 5 spokes on the to-do list, i wasn't aware dsms ever came with hub caps.

Why did i turbo a 420a? Why is your 4g63 smoking in a ditch?

clipse97Sep-11-09 02:07 PM
Member since Jan 10th 2009
25 posts,
#104020, "RE: My unmodified 98 talon"
In response to Reply # 15

i love that front bumper

RoninEclipse2GSep-11-09 04:48 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#104022, "RE: My unmodified 98 talon"
In response to Reply # 15

Originally posted by Raine883
Id say put a nice set of 5 spokes on the to-do list, i wasn't aware dsms ever came with hub caps.

There were "base" model trim cars for a couple years that came wingless and with steel rims with hubcaps. looking at the lack of other options on the car I'd guess this is what tux picked up

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

TuxdreamerxSep-11-09 05:38 PM
Donating 2GNT member
384 posts,
#104024, "RE: My unmodified 98 talon"
In response to Reply # 17

Originally posted by Raine883 Id say put a nice set of 5 spokes on the to-do list, i wasn't aware dsms ever came with hub caps.
There were "base" model trim cars for a couple years that came wingless and with steel rims with hubcaps. looking at the lack of other options on the car I'd guess this is what tux picked up

Yeah the title does not say ESI or anything so I was thinking it was the base model from what I had read on wikipedia.

Yea a set of wheels is on my list. I actually had all four factory hub caps but when I popped one off to do the timing belt I busted the clips so I went to walmart and picked up a set of cheap hub caps to use for now until I start getting paid at my second job.

Raine883Sep-15-09 07:23 AM
Member since Jul 17th 2009
49 posts,
#104046, "RE: My unmodified 98 talon"
In response to Reply # 18

Ahh i see it also has manual windows, You could probably trade those to someone looking for some weight reduction.

Why did i turbo a 420a? Why is your 4g63 smoking in a ditch?

TuxdreamerxSep-15-09 07:27 PM
Donating 2GNT member
384 posts,
#104055, "RE: My unmodified 98 talon"
In response to Reply # 19

Originally posted by Raine883
Ahh i see it also has manual windows, You could probably trade those to someone looking for some weight reduction.

Not a bad idea I havent thought of that... Anyone want to trade? lol.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #103984 Previous topic | Next topic