Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #9550
View in linear mode

Subject: "can a 90 eclipse distributor be modified to work on a 93?" Previous topic | Next topic
97grnRSOct-27-04 04:26 PM
Member since Jul 24th 2004
564 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9550, "can a 90 eclipse distributor be modified to work on a 93?"

i need a dizzy bad and ive found a 90 talon dizzy . but mine is a 93 eclipse . i see the dizzy has plugs on it that are different than my 93 eclipse does.. can i just cut them off and hard wire it or will it not work at all? any one?? 1.8 sohc motors

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamJeff_99gsOct-27-04 06:42 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9551, "RE: can a 90 eclipse distributor be modified to work on a 93?"
In response to Reply # 0

You could have left this in the same thread as before.

Just get one from a 91-94. They can't be all that expensive from a junkyard. I really wouldn't hard wire an ignition together though. That part of the car tends to be somewhat important.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

97grnRSOct-28-04 02:46 PM
Member since Jul 24th 2004
564 posts,
#9552, "RE: can a 90 eclipse distributor be modified to work on a 93?"
In response to Reply # 1

here is a pic of the distributor i would want to make work. notice the wire harness extends out of the dizzy and is not on the engine harness. . mine is on the engine harness . i was wonder ing if i could cut and mate up the wires from each??

Diceman19Oct-27-04 07:48 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#9553, "RE: can a 90 eclipse distributor be modified to work on a 93?"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by 97grnRS
i need a dizzy bad and ive found a 90 talon dizzy . but mine is a 93 eclipse . i see the dizzy has plugs on it that are different than my 93 eclipse does.. can i just cut them off and hard wire it or will it not work at all? any one?? 1.8 sohc motors

are you speaking english?

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #9550 Previous topic | Next topic