Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #8868
View in linear mode

Subject: "3" Downpipe received and installed! HOLY SHIT!!" Previous topic | Next topic
FlyinEsiMar-22-05 04:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8868, "3" Downpipe received and installed! HOLY SHIT!!"

Damn guys, you weren't kidding. I ordered a full 3" downpipe off of Ebay, labeled Megan Racing, 3" inlet, 3" Flex, 3" Outlet, no cat. I had some fitment problems connecting to my N1 Catback, but I went to a welder, got an adapter plate made and it is all better now.

The performance gains are amazing. If anybody has not done a downpipe, DO IT!! I'm speechless. And the tone of the exhaust is amazing as well. Not much louder at cruising speeds, but quite a bit louder and deeper at WOT. LOVE IT!

I have a video and sound clips of my car with an enormous exhaust leak, basically open exhaust. I had to drive it that way for a day, and I'll try to get some new clips of the way it sounds now.

Very cool, thanks for the advice to get it!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: 3" Downpipe received and installed! HOLY SHIT!!, TeamJeff_99gs, Mar-22-05 04:25 AM, #1
RE: 3" Downpipe received and installed! HOLY SHIT!!, thedawg, Mar-22-05 05:31 AM, #2
      RE: 3" Downpipe received and installed! HOLY SHIT!!, FlyinEsi, Mar-22-05 05:48 AM, #3
           RE: 3" Downpipe received and installed! HOLY SHIT!!, kelvinb1, Mar-22-05 08:42 AM, #4
                RE: 3" Downpipe received and installed! HOLY SHIT!!, Blizare, Mar-24-05 08:11 AM, #5
                     RE: 3" Downpipe received and installed! HOLY SHIT!!, Diceman19, Mar-26-05 03:48 AM, #6

TeamJeff_99gsMar-22-05 04:25 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8869, "RE: 3" Downpipe received and installed! HOLY SHIT!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by FlyinEsi
Very cool, thanks for the advice to get it!

That's why we're here.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

thedawgMar-22-05 05:31 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#8870, "RE: 3" Downpipe received and installed! HOLY SHIT!!"
In response to Reply # 1

Is there any point in putting a 3" downpipe on a T25?

I have a 3" cat and catback, but I couldn't really justify getting a 3" DP for it.

thx

FlyinEsiMar-22-05 05:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#8871, "RE: 3" Downpipe received and installed! HOLY SHIT!!"
In response to Reply # 2

I don't know about a t25, that is why the pro's are here, but my Big16G spools to full boost, 18-20psi about 500 RPM's faster!!!! Approx 3000-3200 now.

Ahhh, I can't get over the sexy ass sound of my exhaust now!

kelvinb1Mar-22-05 08:42 AM
Member since Apr 06th 2004
1543 posts,
#8872, "RE: 3" Downpipe received and installed! HOLY SHIT!!"
In response to Reply # 3

i love hearing that whistle in the exhuast people know somethings up when you can hear that i noticed a pretty big different in sound, and boost creep haha. enjoy it

BlizareMar-24-05 08:11 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#8873, "RE: 3" Downpipe received and installed! HOLY SHIT!!"
In response to Reply # 4

I have a full 3" megan setup turbo backs on the silvia.

wow is right.

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

Diceman19Mar-26-05 03:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#8874, "RE: 3" Downpipe received and installed! HOLY SHIT!!"
In response to Reply # 5

i put a three inch turboback and new ported 02 housing on, havent driven the car yet since she is somewhat quasi dead for the time being. i hate you.

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #8868 Previous topic | Next topic