Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #8665
View in linear mode

Subject: "Stock 95 TSi... Time to mod!" Previous topic | Next topic
BRU_ceApr-26-05 08:57 AM
Member since Aug 25th 2003
1457 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8665, "Stock 95 TSi... Time to mod!"

My friend just bought a bone stock 1995 TSi AWD. To be quite honest, I thought it would be much faster than it was.. I've never been in a stock GSX but it was kind of dissapointing.

Anyway, he wants to get started on modding it for more power, and while I do have a lot of theoretical knowledge on the 4G63, I don't have much real-world experience, seeing as how I'm a 2GNTer at heart.

From what I know, however, the best place to start would be a full 2.5" turboback exhaust, a boost controller, and a 1G blowoff valve. He's going to stick with the stock T-25 for a while until he can get a 14b (not much better, I know, but still better)

Do you think he'll see a significant power improvement over stock on the butt-dyno with that setup?

Oh no! My sig died! I'll get another one.
Member and Co-Founder of FLDSM

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Stock 95 TSi... Time to mod!, BigBald, Apr-26-05 09:09 AM, #1
RE: Stock 95 TSi... Time to mod!, BRU_ce, Apr-26-05 09:14 AM, #2
      RE: Stock 95 TSi... Time to mod!, BigBald, Apr-26-05 09:49 AM, #3
           RE: Stock 95 TSi... Time to mod!, Silv Blt, Apr-26-05 09:59 AM, #4
                RE: Stock 95 TSi... Time to mod!, BRU_ce, Apr-26-05 10:02 AM, #5
                     RE: Stock 95 TSi... Time to mod!, RST95eclipse, Apr-26-05 06:59 PM, #6
                          RE: Stock 95 TSi... Time to mod!, ModeratoreclipzGST, Apr-26-05 08:07 PM, #7
                          RE: Stock 95 TSi... Time to mod!, BigBald, Apr-27-05 03:31 AM, #8
                               RE: Stock 95 TSi... Time to mod!, Remy, Apr-27-05 10:01 AM, #9
                                    RE: Stock 95 TSi... Time to mod!, BRU_ce, Apr-27-05 10:27 AM, #10
                                         RE: Stock 95 TSi... Time to mod!, HybriDSM, Apr-27-05 11:06 AM, #11
                                              RE: Stock 95 TSi... Time to mod!, BRU_ce, Apr-27-05 11:16 AM, #12
                                                   RE: Stock 95 TSi... Time to mod!, Vandy420a, Apr-27-05 11:26 AM, #13
                                                        RE: Stock 95 TSi... Time to mod!, BigBald, Apr-27-05 11:59 AM, #14
                                                             RE: Stock 95 TSi... Time to mod!, HybriDSM, Apr-27-05 12:08 PM, #15
                                                                  RE: Stock 95 TSi... Time to mod!, RST95eclipse, Apr-27-05 02:07 PM, #16
                                                                       RE: Stock 95 TSi... Time to mod!, Vandy420a, Apr-27-05 03:02 PM, #17

BigBaldApr-26-05 09:09 AM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2715 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8666, "RE: Stock 95 TSi... Time to mod!"
In response to Reply # 0

MBC(17psi Max on t25), Intake, 3" Catback Exhaust, 2.5" Downpipe, Fuel Pump, 660cc Injectors, SAFC or Keydiver Chip, BOV Upgrade, Boost Gauge, FMIC.....definately not in this order.

1995 GST - Who the hell knows

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

BRU_ceApr-26-05 09:14 AM
1457 posts,
#8667, "RE: Stock 95 TSi... Time to mod!"
In response to Reply # 1
Apr-26-05 09:15 AM by BRU_ce

Would it be better to go with a 2.5" DP and a 3" catback instead of a full 2.5"?

Don't they have to "neck down" to fit on the stock cat?

Edit: and can he run 16 PSI safely on the stock fuel system on the T-25?

BigBaldApr-26-05 09:49 AM
2715 posts,
#8668, "RE: Stock 95 TSi... Time to mod!"
In response to Reply # 2

on stock fuel system I wouldn't go higher then 15psi. 2.5 DP and 3" Cat Back is ideal setup. You will lose power with a 2.5" Catback. And why the hell would you keep the stock Cat?

Silv BltApr-26-05 09:59 AM
Member since Apr 21st 2004
176 posts,
#8669, "RE: Stock 95 TSi... Time to mod!"
In response to Reply # 3

I've heard 14psi is all the stock fuel system is good for, but maybe thats a conservative number. Also, have your 02 sensor ported, that'll help a bunch.

She's been sold My best friend bought her though, so she's still in good hands.

Daily driver: 1993 Nissan Altima
Rocketship: 1985 Honda VF1100S
Project car: 1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

BRU_ceApr-26-05 10:02 AM
1457 posts,
#8670, "RE: Stock 95 TSi... Time to mod!"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by Silv Blt
I've heard 14psi is all the stock fuel system is good for, but maybe thats a conservative number. Also, have your 02 sensor ported, that'll help a bunch.

Do you mean the O2 sensor housing? I was thinking of telling him to get an O2 eliminating DP... only thing is, the O2 eliminators replace the stock O2 housing with a bigger one, but it doesn't get rid of the actual O2 sensor, right? I would think not, but like I said I don't have much real world experience yet.

RST95eclipseApr-26-05 06:59 PM
Member since Oct 19th 2004
403 posts,
#8671, "RE: Stock 95 TSi... Time to mod!"
In response to Reply # 5

Someone explain to me why 2.5" DP is better than a 3" DP?? The turbo is providing enough backpressure for the engine to run. The easier it is for the turbine to get rid of that pressure the better - faster spool up.

ModeratoreclipzGSTApr-26-05 08:07 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#8672, "RE: Stock 95 TSi... Time to mod!"
In response to Reply # 6

2.5" is fine for now if he doesn't plan on upgading the turbo too much. Most people just go straight to the 3" to kill 2 birds with one stone. Also, go with the Buschur exaust.
Your list sounds about right. Those along with the free mods will make the car much more fun.
Good luck with the new toy!

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

BigBaldApr-27-05 03:31 AM
2715 posts,
#8673, "RE: Stock 95 TSi... Time to mod!"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by RST95eclipse
Someone explain to me why 2.5" DP is better than a 3" DP?? The turbo is providing enough backpressure for the engine to run. The easier it is for the turbine to get rid of that pressure the better - faster spool up.

His t25 will creep out the ass with a 3" DP. From the looks of it, he is not upgrading for a while.

RemyApr-27-05 10:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#8674, "RE: Stock 95 TSi... Time to mod!"
In response to Reply # 8

No need to upgrade...t25 can go 11's.

WWW.CNNMOTORSPORTS.COM

BRU_ceApr-27-05 10:27 AM
1457 posts,
#8675, "RE: Stock 95 TSi... Time to mod!"
In response to Reply # 9

serious?

HybriDSMApr-27-05 11:06 AM
Member since Aug 07th 2002
2407 posts,
#8676, "RE: Stock 95 TSi... Time to mod!"
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by BRU_ce
serious?

No.

14b can though....modded to the fucking teeth. T-25 is better suited as a paper-weight. A very dirty inefficient paper-weight.

It's running again shitheads.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=791

HybriDSM@gmail.com ; HybriDSM@hotmail.com

Think for yourself. Question authority does not always mean disagree with authority.

If life were perfect, I'd be Calvin and you'd be Hobbes.

BRU_ceApr-27-05 11:16 AM
1457 posts,
#8677, "RE: Stock 95 TSi... Time to mod!"
In response to Reply # 11

Originally posted by HybriDSM
Originally posted by BRU_ce serious?
No. 14b can though....modded to the fucking teeth. T-25 is better suited as a paper-weight. A very dirty inefficient paper-weight.

Haha, I think I'll keep it in my room as a trophy when we take it off his car.

Vandy420aApr-27-05 11:26 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2037 posts,
#8678, "RE: Stock 95 TSi... Time to mod!"
In response to Reply # 12
Apr-27-05 11:30 AM by Vandy420a

V
F
A
Q
.COM
<-----uber helpful resource. Read it. learn it. live it.

Boost guage
FIPK
BOV
boost controller
EGT guage if he's feeling adventerous (he'll need one anyway, but its not that crucial at this point)
exhaust (stick with 3")

In that order, and that'll do him for a while. The next step is a new turbo...

---------------------------------------

Black 98 GST missing her owner and looking for a new one...Inquiries welcome

BigBaldApr-27-05 11:59 AM
2715 posts,
#8679, "RE: Stock 95 TSi... Time to mod!"
In response to Reply # 13

EGT's are useless junk...imo.

HybriDSMApr-27-05 12:08 PM
Member since Aug 07th 2002
2407 posts,
#8680, "RE: Stock 95 TSi... Time to mod!"
In response to Reply # 14

Originally posted by BigBald
EGT's are useless junk...imo.

When you have DSMLink or wideband behind it, yes I agree, but on a lightly modded car a $100 EGT gauge can give you info you just can't see without logging the car. More info is always good, but yes, it's not the most useful tool but is still useful.

It's running again shitheads.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=791

HybriDSM@gmail.com ; HybriDSM@hotmail.com

Think for yourself. Question authority does not always mean disagree with authority.

If life were perfect, I'd be Calvin and you'd be Hobbes.

RST95eclipseApr-27-05 02:07 PM
Member since Oct 19th 2004
403 posts,
#8681, "RE: Stock 95 TSi... Time to mod!"
In response to Reply # 15

I hate to do this, but I disagree. Wideband and DSMlink are tuning devices. EGT lets you know real time temp, so you know when to shut 'er down.

Vandy420aApr-27-05 03:02 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2037 posts,
#8682, "RE: Stock 95 TSi... Time to mod!"
In response to Reply # 16

Originally posted by RST95eclipse
I hate to do this, but I disagree. Wideband and DSMlink are tuning devices. EGT lets you know real time temp, so you know when to shut 'er down.

I find EGT's really useful...like when i'm really dogging the car, or on roadtrips. If I didn't have it, i'd have a totally toasted turbo by now. Well, I do anyway, but still, it'd be worse than it is...

---------------------------------------

Black 98 GST missing her owner and looking for a new one...Inquiries welcome

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #8665 Previous topic | Next topic