Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #8585
View in linear mode

Subject: "Installing a 1g bov in a 2g" Previous topic | Next topic
97eclipse97May-09-05 06:01 AM
Member since Jul 29th 2003
695 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8585, "Installing a 1g bov in a 2g"

whats the best way to install one, getting an adapter plate, or a new uicp? also where is the best place to get these? thanks.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Installing a 1g bov in a 2g, TeamJeff_99gs, May-09-05 06:44 AM, #1
RE: Installing a 1g bov in a 2g, 97eclipse97, May-09-05 08:14 AM, #2
      RE: Installing a 1g bov in a 2g, TeamJeff_99gs, May-09-05 08:32 AM, #3
           RE: Installing a 1g bov in a 2g, 97eclipse97, May-09-05 09:03 AM, #4
                RE: Installing a 1g bov in a 2g, Diceman19, May-09-05 11:02 AM, #5
                     RE: Installing a 1g bov in a 2g, HybriDSM, May-09-05 11:31 AM, #6
                          RE: Installing a 1g bov in a 2g, Diceman19, May-09-05 04:29 PM, #7

TeamJeff_99gsMay-09-05 06:44 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8586, "RE: Installing a 1g bov in a 2g"
In response to Reply # 0

You will need a new metal upper IC pipe with the correct flange.

www.dejontool.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

97eclipse97May-09-05 08:14 AM
695 posts,
#8587, "RE: Installing a 1g bov in a 2g"
In response to Reply # 1

thanks for the help, although cant i just get the bov adapter listed at the very bottom of this page?

http://www.dejontool.com/DSM-2g%20SIC.htm

actually, i think i just found someone near me who has one (the adapter that is)

TeamJeff_99gsMay-09-05 08:32 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#8588, "RE: Installing a 1g bov in a 2g"
In response to Reply # 2

Sure, if you want that POS restrictive PLASTIC intercooler pipe that flattens down to about 1" right above the intercooler. Go for it.

97eclipse97May-09-05 09:03 AM
695 posts,
#8589, "RE: Installing a 1g bov in a 2g"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by Jeff_99gs
Sure, if you want that POS restrictive PLASTIC intercooler pipe that flattens down to about 1" right above the intercooler. Go for it.

wow, i take it you are very adament against replacing the pipe, lol, which is fine and all. im going to be getting a fmic later this summer, with all new piping anyways, so thats why i would rather not replace the pipe now. but i need to replace the bov because its also a plastic pos that is causing problems because the outlet to the intake mani is broken...

Diceman19May-09-05 11:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#8590, "RE: Installing a 1g bov in a 2g"
In response to Reply # 4

actually, i think think he meant why the heck would you WANT to keep it.

HybriDSMMay-09-05 11:31 AM
Member since Aug 07th 2002
2407 posts,
#8591, "RE: Installing a 1g bov in a 2g"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by Diceman19
actually, i think think he meant why the heck would you WANT to keep it.

The stock pipe is shit. Make it go away.

It's running again shitheads.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=791

HybriDSM@gmail.com ; HybriDSM@hotmail.com

Think for yourself. Question authority does not always mean disagree with authority.

If life were perfect, I'd be Calvin and you'd be Hobbes.

Diceman19May-09-05 04:29 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#8592, "RE: Installing a 1g bov in a 2g"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by HybriDSM
Originally posted by Diceman19 actually, i think think he meant why the heck would you WANT to keep it.
The stock pipe is shit. Make it go away.

exactly.

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #8585 Previous topic | Next topic