Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #7233
View in linear mode

Subject: "blowoff valve question" Previous topic | Next topic
daman_tboneAug-29-06 11:11 AM
Member since Aug 27th 2004
159 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7233, "blowoff valve question"

i am looking to buy this blowoff valve. does this just replace the bypass valve?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: blowoff valve question, 420a-Tnthewerks, Aug-29-06 12:34 PM, #1
RE: blowoff valve question, ModeratoreclipzGST, Aug-29-06 12:58 PM, #2
      RE: blowoff valve question, FlyinEsi, Aug-29-06 01:42 PM, #3
           RE: blowoff valve question, 97eclipse97, Aug-29-06 03:26 PM, #4
           RE: blowoff valve question, daman_tbone, Aug-29-06 05:44 PM, #5
                RE: blowoff valve question, FlyinEsi, Aug-29-06 06:22 PM, #6
                     RE: blowoff valve question, daman_tbone, Aug-30-06 09:27 AM, #7
                          RE: blowoff valve question, ModeratoreclipzGST, Aug-30-06 10:55 AM, #8
                               RE: blowoff valve question, 97eclipse97, Aug-30-06 05:02 PM, #9

420a-TnthewerksAug-29-06 12:34 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2004
2267 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7234, "RE: blowoff valve question"
In response to Reply # 0

Do you have stock piping? Anyway get the kit that recirculates like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GREDDY-TYPE-RS-TYPE-RS-BLOW-OFF-VALVE-BOV-ECLIPSE_W0QQitemZ300021780339QQihZ020QQcategoryZ33742QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratoreclipzGSTAug-29-06 12:58 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#7235, "RE: blowoff valve question"
In response to Reply # 1

Unless you're running a blow through setup or VPC, you'll need one that recirculates. This topic has been covered a bazillion times...

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

FlyinEsiAug-29-06 01:42 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#7236, "RE: blowoff valve question"
In response to Reply # 2

I have a Greddy Type-S for sale if you'd like to have it. $140 takes it with the flange to weld onto upper intercooler piping. Used but still works great.

97eclipse97Aug-29-06 03:26 PM
Member since Jul 29th 2003
695 posts,
#7237, "RE: blowoff valve question"
In response to Reply # 3

The question is: why? I think uprgrading to an expensive bov should only be done after there are no other mods you can do, or if you are running more than say 25-30 psi which a crushed 1g might not hold. But this is just me.

'95 GSX - New motor/turbo going in...
'95 TSi AWD - For sale...buy me!
'03.5 MazdaSpeed Protege - Stock daily driver
'97 CBR 600 - Purple is a real man's color

daman_tboneAug-29-06 05:44 PM
159 posts,
#7238, "RE: blowoff valve question"
In response to Reply # 3
Aug-29-06 05:49 PM by daman_tbone

[div class="dcquote"][i][b]Originally posted by
FlyinEsi[/i][/b]
I have a Greddy Type-S for sale if you'd like to have it. 
$140 takes it with the flange to weld onto upper intercooler
piping.  Used but still works great.
[/div]

so will this fit on my 95 gst? ive had ppl tell me things fit
and i buy them and they dont, so im just making sure..and on
top of that, could you hold it until i can buy it. im in dire
need of two new tires for the back of my car, so right now
that is priority. but after i get those i can get your blowoff
valve...

and also, what else will i need to put this blowoff valve on
because i see sites like this one below that include other
parts like vaccuum hose, gasket, and other mounting hardware.
or can you perhaps include all of the stuff i will need for
it.

http://www.racingworks.com/greddy_typesbov.htm

FlyinEsiAug-29-06 06:22 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#7239, "RE: blowoff valve question"
In response to Reply # 5
Aug-29-06 06:27 PM by FlyinEsi

Yes, that is the BOV I have.

I don't know what you have, it has always been a part of my system. I don't know how they connect to stock intercooler piping. If you have hard upper intercooler piping it will need to be welded on. I have the flange to use to weld it on. I do not have any of the vacuum lines you will need to hook it up though.

I will hang onto it if you can give me a timeframe of when you expect to have it sold.

daman_tboneAug-30-06 09:27 AM
159 posts,
#7240, "RE: blowoff valve question"
In response to Reply # 6

well if you dont have all i need i might just go ahead and buy one with all the parts. and i dont know whether it will need welded on or not.

ModeratoreclipzGSTAug-30-06 10:55 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#7241, "RE: blowoff valve question"
In response to Reply # 7

What kind of UICP do you have? the stock one is plastic so you won't be welding anything to that. If you have or going to buy a metal one, just get it with the flange for the BOV you want. Most manu will offer flanges for the most popular BOVs as an option.
Also, if you have a UICP already that has a flange for a 1G BOV which is the most popular/default flange, you can still use it for a greddy by just drilling new holes.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

97eclipse97Aug-30-06 05:02 PM
Member since Jul 29th 2003
695 posts,
#7242, "RE: blowoff valve question"
In response to Reply # 8

And if you are short on cash, I again ask, why do you feel the need to get one? You can get an adapter with a 1g flange on it from someone I'm sure (I got one for $10 a while back). Then you will just need a 1g bov (crushed or not, it won't matter until you are off the t-25 anyways) and you can use all of the stock lines, so no worries there. You can find a 1g bov on this site, or ebay for between $25-40, cheap money if you ask me.

'95 GSX - New motor/turbo going in...
'95 TSi AWD - For sale...buy me!
'03.5 MazdaSpeed Protege - Stock daily driver
'97 CBR 600 - Purple is a real man's color

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #7233 Previous topic | Next topic