Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #7154
View in linear mode

Subject: "Fuel cut on 2G?" Previous topic | Next topic
PyscodragonOct-26-06 07:13 AM
Old School 2GNTer
251 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7154, "Fuel cut on 2G?"
Oct-26-06 07:13 AM by Pyscodragon

I have a 97 GST with a 91 6 bolt in it, and I'm hitting fuel cut at ~15-16 psi. Is that normal? If not when is it suppose to hit fuel cut?

97 ECLIPSE GST SOLD
13 Chrysler 200 V6

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Fuel cut on 2G?, ModeratoreclipzGST, Oct-26-06 07:39 AM, #1
RE: Fuel cut on 2G?, Pyscodragon, Oct-26-06 09:11 AM, #2
      RE: Fuel cut on 2G?, Eric, Oct-29-06 05:01 PM, #3
           RE: Fuel cut on 2G?, theallpowerfulme, Oct-29-06 05:31 PM, #4
                RE: Fuel cut on 2G?, ScreaminE, Oct-29-06 06:40 PM, #5
                     RE: Fuel cut on 2G?, theallpowerfulme, Oct-29-06 07:40 PM, #6
                          RE: Fuel cut on 2G?, Remy, Oct-30-06 11:25 AM, #7
                               RE: Fuel cut on 2G?, Eric, Oct-30-06 03:13 PM, #8
                               RE: Fuel cut on 2G?, Remy, Oct-30-06 04:40 PM, #9
                               RE: Fuel cut on 2G?, theallpowerfulme, Oct-30-06 08:14 PM, #10
                                    RE: Fuel cut on 2G?, Remy, Oct-31-06 05:44 AM, #11
                                         RE: Fuel cut on 2G?, ModeratoreclipzGST, Oct-31-06 04:18 PM, #12
                                              RE: Fuel cut on 2G?, FluxCapacitor, Nov-02-06 05:47 PM, #13

ModeratoreclipzGSTOct-26-06 07:39 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7155, "RE: Fuel cut on 2G?"
In response to Reply # 0

what mods?

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

PyscodragonOct-26-06 09:11 AM
Old School 2GNTer
251 posts,
#7156, "RE: Fuel cut on 2G?"
In response to Reply # 1
Oct-26-06 09:12 AM by Pyscodragon

16g turbo full 3" exhaust (greddy system) (RRE downpipe and no cat)k&n air filter generic FMIC. I think a act 2600 clutch (not that it really matters) 255 fuel pump and 450 1g inj.

97 ECLIPSE GST SOLD
13 Chrysler 200 V6

EricOct-29-06 05:01 PM
Member since Mar 21st 2004
252 posts,
#7157, "RE: Fuel cut on 2G?"
In response to Reply # 2

no fpr?

-Eric

97 Eclipse RS
1/4: 16.15 @ 87.35mph

theallpowerfulmeOct-29-06 05:31 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1629 posts,
#7158, "RE: Fuel cut on 2G?"
In response to Reply # 3

probably not fuel cut, most likely the "random misfire code" which CAS are you running? If it isn't the hall effect type (black plastic top) this is probably the culprit.

Lane Adams

1998 GST Spyder
1995 GSX
1995 TSI AWD

ScreaminEOct-29-06 06:40 PM
Donating 2GNT member
815 posts,
#7159, "RE: Fuel cut on 2G?"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by theallpowerfulme
probably not fuel cut, most likely the "random misfire code" which CAS are you running? If it isn't the hall effect type (black plastic top) this is probably the culprit.

I have a black top CAS for sale if you want it: 40 shipped.

theallpowerfulmeOct-29-06 07:40 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1629 posts,
#7160, "RE: Fuel cut on 2G?"
In response to Reply # 5

sold, paypal?

Lane Adams

1998 GST Spyder
1995 GSX
1995 TSI AWD

RemyOct-30-06 11:25 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#7161, "RE: Fuel cut on 2G?"
In response to Reply # 6

If you are running a 1g long block ina 2g without dsmlink or some type of standalone u are going to get random misfire codes. When u get this code your car will run on 2 cylinders. Changing the cas is not going to do a damn thing.

You can fix this by a buying a dsmlink or standalone or b when u get the code stop the car. Turn it completely off and turn it back on. Code should go away for a little while but it will always come back.

As far as your fuel cut issue I have no idea what's going on but I would start by turning the boost down . If I were you I would also remember that I am running a 16g not a t25 on bone stock 450 injectors with obviously no fuel control or no logging software.

Remy

EricOct-30-06 03:13 PM
Member since Mar 21st 2004
252 posts,
#7162, "RE: Fuel cut on 2G?"
In response to Reply # 7

Nothing changes with the amount of air/fuel in the engine by swapping in a 6 bolt. What is the reason fuel managment is needed?

-Eric

97 Eclipse RS
1/4: 16.15 @ 87.35mph

RemyOct-30-06 04:40 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#7163, "RE: Fuel cut on 2G?"
In response to Reply # 8
Oct-31-06 05:45 AM by Remy

Is he running a t25 at a stock fuel level ? That is prabably the reason he is going lean right there. Of course he would never know that without logging the car now would he? The fuel management is something you should always do when upgrading turbo and upping your boost/fuel level.

--Remy

----------------------------------------
GT35 and stuff.
Lucky Number 6 ...

theallpowerfulmeOct-30-06 08:14 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1629 posts,
#7164, "RE: Fuel cut on 2G?"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by Remy
If you are running a 1g long block ina 2g without dsmlink or some type of standalone u are going to get random misfire codes. When u get this code your car will run on 2 cylinders. Changing the cas is not going to do a damn thing. You can fix this by a buying a dsmlink or standalone or b when u get the code stop the car. Turn it completely off and turn it back on. Code should go away for a little while but it will always come back.

yeah well there have been a number of people (including me) change to the hall effect sensor and it eliminated the random misfire. It was nice not having to buy dsmlink.

Lane Adams

1998 GST Spyder
1995 GSX
1995 TSI AWD

RemyOct-31-06 05:44 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#7165, "RE: Fuel cut on 2G?"
In response to Reply # 10

I have never heard of that. I dont even see how that can help but as long as its working I guess thats all that matters. I learn something new everyday

----------------------------------------
GT35 and stuff.
Lucky Number 6 ...

ModeratoreclipzGSTOct-31-06 04:18 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#7166, "RE: Fuel cut on 2G?"
In response to Reply # 11

You need at LEAST 550cc injectors and some sort of fuel management with a 16g. Go buy a set off 550's and an SAFC. Done deal.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

FluxCapacitorNov-02-06 05:47 PM
Member since Oct 26th 2006
26 posts,
#7167, "RE: Fuel cut on 2G?"
In response to Reply # 12

Haha.. the stock ECU is only prepared to recognise and handle so much boost. When you put a larger turbo, that in turn creates more boost, the stock ECU will produce a fuel cut situation if you are not some how fooling it with an SAFC or something similar. You definitely need some sort of engine management, be it stand alone or piggy back. I hope this helps you.

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #7154 Previous topic | Next topic