Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #7040
View in linear mode

Subject: "Misfire?????" Previous topic | Next topic
astaindsoul5446Nov-05-06 11:39 AM
Member since Oct 01st 2006
65 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7040, "Misfire?????"

well its not a huge issue but i thought i would ask after checking the forum search for a while and not finding anyting. if i am driving on the highway and say go from 5 to third and accelerate hard, around 17 lbs of boost, occasionally i have a really hard misfire. at least thats what it feels like.
my guess would be im getting a hot spot it a piston and having some predetination, i run 93 or better. just wondered if anyone had an opinion on the subject
Any insight would be great
Thank
Jarod March

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Misfire?????, eclipse982nrRST, Nov-05-06 12:05 PM, #1
RE: Misfire?????, astaindsoul5446, Nov-08-06 09:53 AM, #2
      RE: Misfire?????, djtrickee, Nov-08-06 10:22 AM, #3
           RE: Misfire?????, TeamDR1665, Nov-08-06 10:54 AM, #4
                RE: Misfire?????, astaindsoul5446, Nov-09-06 01:28 AM, #5
                     RE: Misfire?????, shazow1969, Nov-09-06 02:46 AM, #6
                     RE: Misfire?????, Eric, Nov-09-06 09:21 AM, #7
                          RE: Misfire?????, djtrickee, Nov-09-06 09:26 AM, #8
                     RE: Misfire?????, TeamDR1665, Nov-09-06 09:34 AM, #9
                          RE: Misfire?????, astaindsoul5446, Nov-09-06 10:46 AM, #10
                               RE: Misfire?????, djtrickee, Nov-09-06 11:06 AM, #11
                                    RE: Misfire?????, TeamDR1665, Nov-09-06 11:19 AM, #12
                                         RE: Misfire?????, ModeratoreclipzGST, Nov-09-06 04:30 PM, #13
                                              RE: Misfire?????, shazow1969, Nov-10-06 12:34 AM, #14

eclipse982nrRSTNov-05-06 12:05 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7041, "RE: Misfire?????"
In response to Reply # 0

a hard misfire usually feels like fuel cut to me.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

astaindsoul5446Nov-08-06 09:53 AM
65 posts,
#7042, "RE: Misfire?????"
In response to Reply # 1

it could be, im still running all stock fuel components. I do have a high flow pump, just havent put it on yet. But why would the fuel cut out at that specific situation? any idea?
thanks for the info

djtrickeeNov-08-06 10:22 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#7043, "RE: Misfire?????"
In response to Reply # 2
Nov-08-06 10:24 AM by djtrickee

Originally posted by astaindsoul5446
and accelerate hard, around 17 lbs of boost,

im still running all stock fuel components. I do have a high flow pump, just havent put it on yet.

Hmmmmm....

EDIT: N/M. this post isnt even about a 420a 2gnt.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

TeamDR1665Nov-08-06 10:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#7044, "RE: Misfire?????"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by djtrickee
EDIT: N/M. this post isnt even about a 420a 2gnt.

I'm going to have to agree with you. I'm not sure what engine this is, since I was under the impression he had a blown 1.8L in a 94 or something, but I'm moving to 4G63, regardless.

Running 17psi on a stock fuel system in a 2GNT = permaknock. Permaknock yo ass in the shin with a conrod.

astaindsoul5446Nov-09-06 01:28 AM
65 posts,
#7045, "RE: Misfire?????"
In response to Reply # 4

This is my 2nd generation anyhow. And id appreciate if you didnt even post on my threads. you really just annoy me. By the way with a stock turbo, with a moded wasgate(the way i bought the car) i was running 16lbs

shazow1969Nov-09-06 02:46 AM
Member since Sep 22nd 2005
466 posts,
#7046, "RE: Misfire?????"
In response to Reply # 5

Hey man Don't give Driggs shit he's one of the most knowledgable guys on this forum. The point he's trying to make here is that when you post up in the general forum about your stock turbo car people think you are taking about a turboed 2gnt car. This shit confuses us. Post in the correct section (4g63/first gen) this covers 2nd gen turbo cars and all first gen cars. You will get a better response, and you won't be confusing other guys here.

-Kevin

01 Blazer LS 4.3/5spd dropped and clean DD
88 Camaro RS 361 CID with a 6spd and a bar 10 second street car on motor.

EricNov-09-06 09:21 AM
Member since Mar 21st 2004
252 posts,
#7047, "RE: Misfire?????"
In response to Reply # 6

This is a 2gnt forum = 2nd generation non-turbo (420a engine) forum so post in 1G / 4g63. You have a 4g63 engine. 1G is there because the non-turbo 4g63 and 1.8 is also discussed in this forum.

On to your issue...

You should not be running 17psi on the T25 turbo.

You should not be running 17psi without a logger.

You should not be running 17psi without fuel mods.

So turn down your boost.

-Eric

97 Eclipse RS
1/4: 16.15 @ 87.35mph

djtrickeeNov-09-06 09:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#7048, "RE: Misfire?????"
In response to Reply # 7

And id appreciate if you didnt even post on my threads. you really just annoy me.

What an asshat. Go away.

Originally posted by Eric
This is a 2gnt forum = 2nd generation non-turbo (420a engine) forum so post in 1G / 4g63. You have a 4g63 engine. 1G is there because the non-turbo 4g63 and 1.8 is also discussed in this forum.

Somethings are just too hard to figure out I guess, lol.

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com

TeamDR1665Nov-09-06 09:34 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#7049, "RE: Misfire?????"
In response to Reply # 5

id appreciate if you didnt even post on my threads. you really just annoy me.

Nice. Subtle. Yet rude!

Sorry if my expecting you to bother with simple reading comprehension skills annoys you. You have three options:

1. Follow common board practices by posting in the appropriate forum section and avoid my witty comments.
2. Take a hike.
3. Get kicked out.

I can arrange number three at any time. You just let me know, okay, cupcake? Have a nice day.

astaindsoul5446Nov-09-06 10:46 AM
65 posts,
#7050, "RE: Misfire?????"
In response to Reply # 9

Ok im sorry that i didnt realize that this section is for a N/A cars. but it doesnt take smart remarks, just say yo, post in .......
Im running a t3/t4 hybrid.

djtrickeeNov-09-06 11:06 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#7051, "RE: Misfire?????"
In response to Reply # 10

Ok im sorry that i didnt realize that this section is for a N/A cars. but it doesnt take smart remarks, just say yo, post in ....... Im running a t3/t4 hybrid.

oh lordie... its not this section that everyone is talking about...

ITS THE WHOLE SITE!!!!! 2GNT

2 = Second
G = Generation
N = Non
T = Turbo

This is the 1G/ 4g63 section. has nothing to do with turbo'd or not.

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com

TeamDR1665Nov-09-06 11:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#7052, "RE: Misfire?????"
In response to Reply # 11

Are you still clicking on the locked link in general or wherever to get to this thing? I moved this to the 4G63 section since, for all we know, you're talking about a 4G63.

Like deej said, this site is about 2GNT DSMs, but we have a section for talking about the turbo cars. Experience tells us that a stock 420A running more than 7-10psi with the HRC S16G will result in you blowing your engine sooner or later. There is no way you could be running 17psi on stock internals with a 420A.

On top of that, you made a post talking about having a 1.8L 1994 2G. The 1.8L is a 4G63 derivative found only in the earliest of 1G DSMs. Basically, we don't know what car you're talking about when you're asking your questions, and when you post about a misfire at 17psi in the general section of a non-turbo forum, it sends up all kinds of red flags.

Know what I mean? Tell us the year and model of car you're experiencing this problem with and you will find you get more help than bullshit, okay?

ModeratoreclipzGSTNov-09-06 04:30 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#7053, "RE: Misfire?????"
In response to Reply # 12

t3/t4 at 17 psi on stock fuel?????

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

shazow1969Nov-10-06 12:34 AM
Member since Sep 22nd 2005
466 posts,
#7054, "RE: Misfire?????"
In response to Reply # 13

17PSI on a stock fuel system is way too much. You are experiencing Detonation. Dial the boost back to around 13-14psi and you should be ok but keep in mind you need to upgrade your fuel system and get some kind of fuel management. There is a great option out there for the factory turbo cars, it's called DSM Link. Do a little research on the net for it and you will find it gives you almost limitless tuning ability and tons of room for future mods. From personal experience with this I've seen very large gains on mild modded cars.

-Kevin

01 Blazer LS 4.3/5spd dropped and clean DD
88 Camaro RS 361 CID with a 6spd and a bar 10 second street car on motor.

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #7040 Previous topic | Next topic