Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #6977
View in linear mode

Subject: "Hesitation under moderate to hard boost" Previous topic | Next topic
JRVENGENov-29-06 02:43 PM
Member since Nov 29th 2006
4 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6977, "Hesitation under moderate to hard boost"

Hello, I have a 97 talon tsi. Car runs great except when boosting moderately or hard, especially on hard. It feels like it is cuttting out or loosing fuel or spark. I have not done a tune up yet, but i will do asap. Any thoughts would be great. I am new to DSM, but not to turbo vehicles. Thanks.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Hesitation under moderate to hard boost, TeamDR1665, Nov-29-06 02:52 PM, #1
RE: Hesitation under moderate to hard boost, thedawg, Nov-29-06 03:11 PM, #2
RE: Hesitation under moderate to hard boost, FlyinEsi, Nov-29-06 04:31 PM, #3
      RE: Hesitation under moderate to hard boost, ModeratoreclipzGST, Nov-29-06 06:43 PM, #4
RE: Hesitation under moderate to hard boost, EclipseTical, Nov-30-06 09:50 AM, #5
RE: Hesitation under moderate to hard boost, FlyinEsi, Nov-30-06 12:57 PM, #6
      RE: Hesitation under moderate to hard boost, 420a-Tnthewerks, Nov-30-06 05:00 PM, #7
           RE: Hesitation under moderate to hard boost, ModeratoreclipzGST, Nov-30-06 07:15 PM, #8
                RE: Hesitation under moderate to hard boost, burntheblobs, Dec-01-06 06:09 AM, #9
                RE: Hesitation under moderate to hard boost, 420a-Tnthewerks, Dec-02-06 01:16 PM, #10

TeamDR1665Nov-29-06 02:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6978, "RE: Hesitation under moderate to hard boost"
In response to Reply # 0

Welcome to 2GNT, man. We're a mostly non-turbo car site, but we do have a forum for the turbo engine. There's some really good people lurking in there, so I'll move this over there where they will see it.

On a 2GNT, I'd suspect plugs or wires right off the bat, but it could be something else. I don't know too much about the 4G63... yet.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

thedawgNov-29-06 03:11 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#6979, "RE: Hesitation under moderate to hard boost"
In response to Reply # 0
Nov-29-06 03:12 PM by thedawg

Gas
Plugs
Wires
Fuel pump/filter
o2 sensor
Cam angle sensor
Crank angle sensor
Knock sensor
Compression test
Mass Air Flow sensor
ECU/capacitors

FlyinEsiNov-29-06 04:31 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#6980, "RE: Hesitation under moderate to hard boost"
In response to Reply # 2

4g63's are notoriously bad for arching through spark plug wires to the head...replace your spark plug wires and plugs and see what happens from there.

Is the car stock or modified?

ModeratoreclipzGSTNov-29-06 06:43 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#6981, "RE: Hesitation under moderate to hard boost"
In response to Reply # 3
Nov-29-06 06:44 PM by eclipzGST

Do a boost leak test before you even bother checking anything else. 9 times out of 10, a leak is what causes problems under boost...

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

EclipseTicalNov-30-06 09:50 AM
Old School 2GNTer
648 posts,
#6982, "RE: Hesitation under moderate to hard boost"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by JRVENGE
Hello, I have a 97 talon tsi. Car runs great except when boosting moderately or hard, especially on hard. It feels like it is cuttting out or loosing fuel or spark. I have not done a tune up yet, but i will do asap. Any thoughts would be great. I am new to DSM, but not to turbo vehicles. Thanks.

start with that

~Sean

99 GSX
97 RS--SOLD

FlyinEsiNov-30-06 12:57 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#6983, "RE: Hesitation under moderate to hard boost"
In response to Reply # 5

I agree with EclipseGST, try a leak test because that won't cost you anything and can find some problems. If that doesn't work try the spark plugs and wires first...if that still doesn't do it, then proceed with your tune up.

420a-TnthewerksNov-30-06 05:00 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2004
2267 posts,
#6984, "RE: Hesitation under moderate to hard boost"
In response to Reply # 6

I'm going to put my money on the plugs.

ModeratoreclipzGSTNov-30-06 07:15 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#6985, "RE: Hesitation under moderate to hard boost"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by 420a-Tnthewerks
I'm going to put my money on the plugs.

I'll send you my paypal addy after he does a boost leak test.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

burntheblobsDec-01-06 06:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1445 posts,
#6986, "RE: Hesitation under moderate to hard boost"
In response to Reply # 8

Sell it while you can!
Just kidding. Try a boost leak test! If that doesn't fix it try ignition (Plugs, wires, coil). If that still doesn't work try fuel.

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX - SOLD
2006 Mustang GT Convertible

420a-TnthewerksDec-02-06 01:16 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2004
2267 posts,
#6987, "RE: Hesitation under moderate to hard boost"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by eclipzGST
Originally posted by 420a-Tnthewerks I'm going to put my money on the plugs.
I'll send you my paypal addy after he does a boost leak test.

Ok.

Have you changed the plugs yet?

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #6977 Previous topic | Next topic