Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #6940
View in linear mode

Subject: "okay guys. need a little help asap." Previous topic | Next topic
hookduphatchDec-16-06 04:11 PM
Member since Jul 10th 2004
552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6940, "okay guys. need a little help asap."

alright. so tonight i let the car idle for maybe 20 minutes just sitting in it doing nothing. well, i put the car in reverse and gave it some gas, and this HUGE cloud of smoke came out. I was like crap, but it didn't do it again. It was night, so I couldn't tell what color it was, but it smelt like burnt something. So anyway, I go to my friend's house, and turn the car off. Come back out about 10 minutes later to leave and restart the car. Smoked just a little bit but nowhere near as much.

Now the part I need help with. What are the possibilities of what this could? The car idles to 1.5k every now and again when the clutch is depressed, but then drops to around 1k once the car has been driven for a bit. Not sure if that's significant or not. There's no coolant loss, and no real oil loss that I can see. Please help me, this is ticking me off.

95 Eclipse RS - Sold and In Montana Now
Project 95 GSX - In Full swing.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: okay guys. need a little help asap., Moderatorbullettdsm, Dec-17-06 06:59 AM, #1
RE: okay guys. need a little help asap., orzech, Dec-17-06 08:56 AM, #2
      RE: okay guys. need a little help asap., hookduphatch, Dec-17-06 09:07 AM, #3
           RE: okay guys. need a little help asap., ModeratoreclipzGST, Dec-17-06 10:38 PM, #4
                RE: okay guys. need a little help asap., hookduphatch, Dec-17-06 10:41 PM, #5
                     RE: okay guys. need a little help asap., ModeratoreclipzGST, Dec-18-06 12:13 PM, #6
                          RE: okay guys. need a little help asap., Moderatorbullettdsm, Dec-19-06 08:14 AM, #7
                               RE: okay guys. need a little help asap., hookduphatch, Dec-19-06 08:25 AM, #8

ModeratorbullettdsmDec-17-06 06:59 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6941, "RE: okay guys. need a little help asap."
In response to Reply # 0

Boy, could be lot's of things. Let's start with a mod list. What are you using for tuning? Could be loading up with fuel at idle depending on.....well, a lot of things. Questions of color of smoke, when does it smoke, loss of power, tuner you are using, comp check etc. etc.

MB

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

orzechDec-17-06 08:56 AM
Member since Aug 07th 2003
597 posts,
#6942, "RE: okay guys. need a little help asap."
In response to Reply # 1

my guess would be bad valve seals, but not 100% sure.

are you getting any smoke under boost?

11.34 at 123 fp3065 28 psi straight pump 93 octane

95 tsi awd 5 speed-2gb 6 bolt dsmlink
95tsi fwd- parts
95 tsi fwd- beater
91 galant vr4- new build

hookduphatchDec-17-06 09:07 AM
552 posts,
#6943, "RE: okay guys. need a little help asap."
In response to Reply # 2

no smoke that i've ever seen under boost

ModeratoreclipzGSTDec-17-06 10:38 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#6944, "RE: okay guys. need a little help asap."
In response to Reply # 3

We REALLY need to know what color smoke.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

hookduphatchDec-17-06 10:41 PM
552 posts,
#6945, "RE: okay guys. need a little help asap."
In response to Reply # 4

It's done it in the past, always to have a Grayish color smoke. Doesn't do it often at all though.

ModeratoreclipzGSTDec-18-06 12:13 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#6946, "RE: okay guys. need a little help asap."
In response to Reply # 5

Could just be condensation in the exaust.
Water/coolant = white smoke
fuel = black
oil = blue

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

ModeratorbullettdsmDec-19-06 08:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#6947, "RE: okay guys. need a little help asap."
In response to Reply # 6

If you could give us a little more detailed information along with back ground/mods it might be easier for us to diagnose. Got a willing group of guys to lean on just need the info to help out.

MB

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

hookduphatchDec-19-06 08:25 AM
552 posts,
#6948, "RE: okay guys. need a little help asap."
In response to Reply # 7

i mean, i don't know what else i could explain here. the mods imo have no consequence aside from the exhaust as that's when it started doing it.

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #6940 Previous topic | Next topic