Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #6835
View in linear mode

Subject: "Alt or battery problem" Previous topic | Next topic
scorpo86May-06-07 07:18 PM
Member since Nov 08th 2006
282 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6835, "Alt or battery problem"

I have a 97 gst. i was driving down the road and next thing i know i start bogging down, but it kicks back in. then my gauges started to act funny, my RPM's is going up and down but the engine was running fine and then it stoped. i thought it was fine now. it was getting dark so i turned on my head lights and thats when everything went to hell. the speed gauge stuck on 60 and the RPM's at 0, i was a long way from home and the car was only running on the battery. every 20 mi i had to stop and get a charge from people then go for another 20 till i got home. i got home replaced the alt and it ran fine for a hour and it happed again, its like two wires are shorting out or something.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #6835 Previous topic | Next topic