Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #6805
View in linear mode

Subject: "turboxs dual stage or AMS boost controller!" Previous topic | Next topic
gstboostJul-10-07 09:02 AM
Member since Jul 10th 2007
1 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6805, "turboxs dual stage or AMS boost controller!"

ok i bought a used turboxs dual stage boost controller from my friend with 1000 miles on it for 100 and his friend is going to install it but he wants to trade that controller for his AMS with same miles on it! but installing it for cheaper? what should i do!?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamDR1665Jul-10-07 11:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6806, "RE: turboxs dual stage or AMS boost controller!"
In response to Reply # 0

Keep the TurboXS unit. Install it yourself.

If you have to pay someone to install an MBC for you, you really shouldn't be messing with the boost levels on your car. Seriously.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

JayWeezie88Jul-10-07 02:09 PM
Member since Jul 08th 2005
130 posts,
#6807, "RE: turboxs dual stage or AMS boost controller!"
In response to Reply # 1

Ditto.

Also I don't know about the AMS unit but with the dual stage you can set the boost lower for say if you were launching the car so you won't have as bad of a traction issue if you were to have a normal mbc but with the dual stage you can just flick the switch to go low or high boost.

99 GST - Some stuff

14.083 @ 97.37 (10psi-ish ATCO 3/13/07)

"She said its JUST a car...I said your JUST a girl"

hookduphatchJul-12-07 03:06 AM
Member since Jul 10th 2004
552 posts,
#6808, "RE: turboxs dual stage or AMS boost controller!"
In response to Reply # 2

meh. imo the dual stage is more for ease. you can keep low boost for street use, and high boost for track or race use. the beauty in this is that you set and forget. you don't have to continually adjust the mbc out because you've already made your settings and just flick a switch to control which you use.

95 Eclipse RS - Sold and In Montana Now
Project 95 GSX - In Full swing.

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #6805 Previous topic | Next topic