Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #6761
View in linear mode

Subject: "I Want to get a better turbo" Previous topic | Next topic
Xtr3meAug-23-07 06:07 PM
Member since May 12th 2006
16 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6761, "I Want to get a better turbo"

Well, I have a Talon Tsi 1995. The Engine will be ordered soon.
But i want to get a more powerful turbo. I have no clue what to get, and What to get it to work.. my main objective is to be faster but i want a reliable DD. Exhaust is on of the first things im going to get. But whats your guys suggestions to this. some parts i would want to look into.
Help would be very appreciated!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ModeratoreclipzGSTAug-23-07 10:51 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6762, "RE: I Want to get a better turbo"
In response to Reply # 0

The E316G I had on my last car was pretty fun. Big enough to feel the difference, small enough to hit peak boost as fast as the stocker.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Xtr3meAug-24-07 03:07 AM
Member since May 12th 2006
16 posts,
#6763, "RE: I Want to get a better turbo"
In response to Reply # 1

Is it just a bolt and go kinda thing, or do i need to get somethings with it?

EricAug-24-07 05:07 AM
Member since Mar 21st 2004
252 posts,
#6764, "RE: I Want to get a better turbo"
In response to Reply # 2

You should do some research on different turbos on dsmtuners. As gst said, 16g is a popular choice as it makes good power and spools quickly. The 14b is the stock 1g turbo that many 2g guys use since it is better than the stock 2g turbo and cheap to get them (~$100 used). Both these turbos are bolt on for the 1g, but you can get a 2g install kit and it will be an easy install.

-Eric

97 Eclipse RS
1/4: 16.15 @ 87.35mph

dsmtunerAug-26-07 08:37 AM
Member since Dec 01st 2003
44 posts,
#6765, "RE: I Want to get a better turbo"
In response to Reply # 3

if you havent even started modding your car yet i would recommend to start with the basics like intake , exhuast, fmic, mbc, fuel pump rewire, maybe even a bigger fuel pump. just with these you should be able to feel a noticeable difference. then you will be ready for a bigger turbo. do your resarch before you buy a turbo though, you dont want to regret it later because it gets pretty expensive to keep replacing turbos if your disappointed.

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #6761 Previous topic | Next topic