Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #6745
View in linear mode

Subject: "Ungrading turbo... GT35R??? any other suggestions??? wanting to keep it a DD..." Previous topic | Next topic
just2cMEbl33dSep-05-07 04:30 PM
Member since Jul 28th 2007
22 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6745, "Ungrading turbo... GT35R??? any other suggestions??? wanting to keep it a DD..."

Well... Ive had this Big 16G for a while.. and i just think its time to upgrade.. My budget sucks... but either way i will have to fork a bit a cash to get a turbo worth while... Im wanting a GT35R but im open for suggestions... any??? thank you...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Ungrading turbo... GT35R??? any other suggestions??? wanting to keep it a DD..., AMM, Sep-06-07 09:11 AM, #1
RE: Ungrading turbo... GT35R??? any other suggestions??? wanting to keep it a DD..., Moderatorbullettdsm, Sep-06-07 10:24 AM, #2
      RE: Ungrading turbo... GT35R??? any other suggestions??? wanting to keep it a DD..., just2cMEbl33d, Sep-06-07 12:04 PM, #3
           RE: Ungrading turbo... GT35R??? any other suggestions??? wanting to keep it a DD..., Moderatorbullettdsm, Sep-06-07 02:30 PM, #4
                RE: Ungrading turbo... GT35R??? any other suggestions??? wanting to keep it a DD..., just2cMEbl33d, Sep-06-07 04:13 PM, #5
                     RE: Ungrading turbo... GT35R??? any other suggestions??? wanting to keep it a DD..., ModeratoreclipzGST, Sep-06-07 07:39 PM, #6
                          RE: Ungrading turbo... GT35R??? any other suggestions??? wanting to keep it a DD..., just2cMEbl33d, Sep-07-07 04:20 AM, #7
                               RE: Ungrading turbo... GT35R??? any other suggestions??? wanting to keep it a DD..., AMM, Sep-07-07 06:17 AM, #8
                               RE: Ungrading turbo... GT35R??? any other suggestions??? wanting to keep it a DD..., ModeratoreclipzGST, Sep-07-07 06:19 AM, #9
                                    RE: Ungrading turbo... GT35R??? any other suggestions??? wanting to keep it a DD..., Moderatorbullettdsm, Sep-07-07 08:47 AM, #10
                                         RE: Ungrading turbo... GT35R??? any other suggestions??? wanting to keep it a DD..., just2cMEbl33d, Sep-07-07 11:40 AM, #11
                                              RE: Ungrading turbo... GT35R??? any other suggestions??? wanting to keep it a DD..., just2cMEbl33d, Sep-07-07 12:34 PM, #12
                                                   RE: Ungrading turbo... GT35R??? any other suggestions??? wanting to keep it a DD..., ModeratoreclipzGST, Sep-11-07 08:06 PM, #14
                                                        RE: Ungrading turbo... GT35R??? any other suggestions??? wanting to keep it a DD..., just2cMEbl33d, Sep-12-07 10:48 AM, #15
RE: Ungrading turbo... GT35R??? any other suggestions??? wanting to keep it a DD..., Remy, Sep-11-07 07:49 AM, #13

AMMSep-06-07 09:11 AM
Member since Aug 27th 2007
86 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6746, "RE: Ungrading turbo... GT35R??? any other suggestions??? wanting to keep it a DD..."
In response to Reply # 0

the 35r is an awesome turbo.......... especially on a 4g63 and especially if ur lookimng to make between 500-600 hp. there is no sarcasim in this, im being serious.......... the gt35r is a kick ass turbo.

mike

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratorbullettdsmSep-06-07 10:24 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#6747, "RE: Ungrading turbo... GT35R??? any other suggestions??? wanting to keep it a DD..."
In response to Reply # 1
Sep-06-07 10:25 AM by bullettdsm

Goals and intentions? You're gonna probably have to get more supporting mods for the 35r (IDK your mod list) and you will see a big difference in spool time. As I recollect my E3B16g ported, full spooled at just under 3k (19 psi). My Fp green and red (which spool time, I would imagine, would be comparable to the 35r) full spooled in the 4.5 to 5k range (depending on which one and what psi). That, IMO, is not too practical for the street.

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

just2cMEbl33dSep-06-07 12:04 PM
22 posts,
#6748, "RE: Ungrading turbo... GT35R??? any other suggestions??? wanting to keep it a DD..."
In response to Reply # 2

These are my specs... what all would i need to support the GT35R.. and yes its street intended... would like any help or advice you guys are willign to give... even criticism really.. just any help...

-SPECS-
1998 GST with 63k

ENGINE
-force performance EVOIII big 16g turbo charger ported
-XS power FMIC 24"x12"x3" end to end is 30.5"
-inlet/outlet 3" rated for 700hp
-injen intake
-Fidanza aluminum lightweight flywheel 7 bolt
-ACT 2600 MB1XTSS extreme clutch
-Greddy TRust exhuast system utrbo back
-3" down pipe
-external 02 pump
-Greddy FMIC pipes
-NGK spark plus wires
-Prothane motor mount
-225lph walbro fuel pump
-B&M short shifter
-1g head w/ cometic head gasket, and intake manifold
-steel braided clutch and oil line
-ARP head struts
-Greddy Profec B boost conrol
-HKS turbo timer

ModeratorbullettdsmSep-06-07 02:30 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#6749, "RE: Ungrading turbo... GT35R??? any other suggestions??? wanting to keep it a DD..."
In response to Reply # 3

Hardware looks pretty good. I'm guessing 2g exhaust mani? Would like to see some cams. What do you have for tuner and fuel mods (injectors etc.)?

Daily huh? Of all the turbo's that I have had, I really like my E3B16g the best on the street. Great spool, nice power and held it well.

Oh yeah, also didn't see if you were AWD or FWD. If FWD even more reason to not go with the 35r. When boost hit on the FP green on my FWD it was just spin city.

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq

just2cMEbl33dSep-06-07 04:13 PM
22 posts,
#6750, "RE: Ungrading turbo... GT35R??? any other suggestions??? wanting to keep it a DD..."
In response to Reply # 4

yeh its FWD... yeh i like my E3B16G... its just its running an internal wastegate and im deff. wanting to go ext. and wanting bigger tho... i have an SAFC and 225 walbro FI's... you sound like you know what your talking about pretty damn well... so i will take any advice you give...

ModeratoreclipzGSTSep-06-07 07:39 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#6751, "RE: Ungrading turbo... GT35R??? any other suggestions??? wanting to keep it a DD..."
In response to Reply # 5

I wouldn't bother going any bigger than an E316G on a FWD DD. If it was a track only car, thats another story.
You probably still have a boatload more power to be gained. My GST with that turbo was hella fun and even with an A/T, full boost would light em up ALL the time....

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

just2cMEbl33dSep-07-07 04:20 AM
22 posts,
#6752, "RE: Ungrading turbo... GT35R??? any other suggestions??? wanting to keep it a DD..."
In response to Reply # 6

alright.. well will you help me out with my mods??? what shoulo di do to get full potential out my E3B16G??? im planing on getting some HKS belts and cam... and a new cam shaft... not sure which kind of cam shaft i should get yet?? any suggestions for that??? What else can I do to get my car to full potential???

AMMSep-07-07 06:17 AM
Member since Aug 27th 2007
86 posts,
#6753, "RE: Ungrading turbo... GT35R??? any other suggestions??? wanting to keep it a DD..."
In response to Reply # 7

eh i guess some of us have different opinions on that turbo. i would still run it on a DD though......... fwd or awd i dont care........ then when u go to the track put the slicks on and turn the boost up.

ModeratoreclipzGSTSep-07-07 06:19 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#6754, "RE: Ungrading turbo... GT35R??? any other suggestions??? wanting to keep it a DD..."
In response to Reply # 7

Are you still on stock injectors??? SAFC is a great tool for tuning a fairly stock car but when you go to BIG injectors, you'll need something better. DSMLink is the way to go.
Get yourself a set of 750cc injectors, a set of 272 camshafts and DSMLink.
After a tune, you'll have a whole new car...

When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

ModeratorbullettdsmSep-07-07 08:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#6755, "RE: Ungrading turbo... GT35R??? any other suggestions??? wanting to keep it a DD..."
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by eclipzGST
DSMLink is the way to go. Get yourself a set of 750cc injectors, a set of 272 camshafts and DSMLink. After a tune, you'll have a whole new car...

Def. better set-up. You have lots of power still caged up in there. You can go bigger than 750's if you want (I wouldn't go bigger than 880's) with DSMLink. It is VERY user friendly. As for cams, I am partial to FP 2's. They were a little smoother down low for me. But with DSMLink, it wouldn't really matter. Had HKS's in the FWD (with DSMLink) and idled great on the HKS's.

I'm a little confused on your O2 situation. You say your are internal wastegate then you list an external dump? Am I reading that properly?

Captain Caveman

just2cMEbl33dSep-07-07 11:40 AM
22 posts,
#6756, "RE: Ungrading turbo... GT35R??? any other suggestions??? wanting to keep it a DD..."
In response to Reply # 10

to be honest im not sure.. :/ im a newbie... but i appreciate all your help... 2GNT forum is a GOD... thank you all.. idk how i would do it without all you guys...

just2cMEbl33dSep-07-07 12:34 PM
22 posts,
#6757, "RE: Ungrading turbo... GT35R??? any other suggestions??? wanting to keep it a DD..."
In response to Reply # 11

my friend just told me that 750cc injectors might overheat if i tune my fuel down more becuz right now its pulling 23% out and he said THAT was too much.. and said that if i get bigger injectors and tune the amount pulled out down that the injectors mite overheat... ??? questions???

ModeratoreclipzGSTSep-11-07 08:06 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#6758, "RE: Ungrading turbo... GT35R??? any other suggestions??? wanting to keep it a DD..."
In response to Reply # 12

Originally posted by just2cMEbl33d
my friend just told me that 750cc injectors might overheat if i tune my fuel down more becuz right now its pulling 23% out and he said THAT was too much.. and said that if i get bigger injectors and tune the amount pulled out down that the injectors mite overheat... ??? questions???

hmmmm.... where to start with this....
...I know! You could start with finding new friends. lol Preferably some that know a least a little about DSM's or cars in general. hehe
Of course you'll have to pull fuel. At low boost, you'll have to pull a LOT of fuel. And then add more fuel as you add more air(boost). VFAQ should be your new friend. At least get to know the basics and then we can help you from there.

just2cMEbl33dSep-12-07 10:48 AM
22 posts,
#6759, "RE: Ungrading turbo... GT35R??? any other suggestions??? wanting to keep it a DD..."
In response to Reply # 14

haha... i didnt thnk that he was correct... and i know that pretty much everyone on this forum knows alot more than me or anyone around where i live.. so i appreiciate

RemySep-11-07 07:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#6760, "RE: Ungrading turbo... GT35R??? any other suggestions??? wanting to keep it a DD..."
In response to Reply # 0
Sep-11-07 08:16 AM by Remy

Originally posted by just2cMEbl33d
Well... Ive had this Big 16G for a while.. and i just think its time to upgrade.. My budget sucks... but either way i will have to fork a bit a cash to get a turbo worth while... Im wanting a GT35R but im open for suggestions... any??? thank you...

I highly recommend the gt35.

I used the gt3561 all last season. It was in the small mitsu-housing and it was non ball bearing. I got full boost of 23psi on pump gas at 4500 rpm. With my stock long block with just 264/272s and a Magnus Smim, I was flowing 49 lbs/min.

A friend of mine gets full boost on his gt35r at 3700-3800 rpm. He also traps 131 mph @ 28psi - Good for 10.7 e/t if he could ever get a decent 60 ft. This is also on the small mitsu turbine housing.

Now those are all good numbers but if you want to make some serious power with the gt35r I would recommend running it in a t3 or t4 housing. It flows so much better. I am running a T3-Gt3582r on my 2.3l. I havent hit the dyno yet but there is a dude on the dsmlink forums that made 520hp @ 22psi on pump gas.

I am shooting for 10s at Mitsu-day on the 22nd.

Hope this helps.

Edit: A cheaper option would be to get a PTE SCM61. Its a bolt on turbo which makes similer power to the gt35r but it comes with a much cheaper price tag. I ran that at the beginning of this season. Full boost on that with my build set up was 3900rpm.

-Remy

----------------------------------------
TSI AWD-500hp Beater
2007 Honda Civic

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #6745 Previous topic | Next topic