Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #6732
View in linear mode

Subject: "trying to convert my car from drag to everyday driver... PLEASE HELP OR WILL HAVE TO SELL MY BABY : ..." Previous topic | Next topic
just2cMEbl33dAug-07-07 05:55 PM
Member since Jul 28th 2007
22 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6732, "trying to convert my car from drag to everyday driver... PLEASE HELP OR WILL HAVE TO SELL MY BABY : ..."

school is comming up and i dont have a dependable car.. i have been driving around in my 98' DSM set up for drag with boost turned down... its still overheating on long hot days... i want to keep as much HP as possible while having a good driver car...

-SPECS-
1998 GST with 63k

ENGINE
-force performance EVOIII big 16g turbo charger ported
-XS power FMIC 24"x12"x3" end to end is 30.5"
-inlet/outlet 3" rated for 700hp
-injen intake
-Fidanza aluminum lightweight flywheel 7 bolt
-ACT 2600 MB1XTSS extreme clutch
-Greddy TRust exhuast system utrbo back
-3" down pipe
-external 02 pump
-Greddy FMIC pipes
-NGK spark plus wires
-Prothane motor mount
-225lph walbro fuel pump
-B&M short shifter
-1g head w/ cometic head gasket, and intake manifold
-steel braided clutch and oil line
-ARP head struts
-Greddy Profec B boost conrol
-HKS turbo timer

please give me any advice you have... nto matter how big or little... i appriciate your time...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: trying to convert my car from drag to everyday driver... PLEASE HELP OR WILL HAVE TO SELL MY BAB..., kelvinb1, Aug-07-07 07:16 PM, #1
RE: trying to convert my car from drag to everyday driver... PLEASE HELP OR WILL HAVE TO SELL MY BAB..., JayWeezie88, Aug-08-07 03:45 AM, #2
RE: trying to convert my car from drag to everyday driver... PLEASE HELP OR WILL HAVE TO SELL MY BAB..., ModeratoreclipzGST, Aug-08-07 07:33 AM, #3
      RE: trying to convert my car from drag to everyday driver... PLEASE HELP OR WILL HAVE TO SELL MY BAB..., Moderatorbullettdsm, Aug-09-07 09:41 AM, #4
           RE: trying to convert my car from drag to everyday driver... PLEASE HELP OR WILL HAVE TO SELL MY BAB..., dsmtuner, Aug-26-07 08:45 AM, #5
                RE: trying to convert my car from drag to everyday driver... PLEASE HELP OR WILL HAVE TO SELL MY BAB..., Remy, Sep-11-07 08:22 AM, #6
                     RE: trying to convert my car from drag to everyday driver... PLEASE HELP OR WILL HAVE TO SELL MY BAB..., just2cMEbl33d, Sep-11-07 04:24 PM, #7
                     RE: trying to convert my car from drag to everyday driver... PLEASE HELP OR WILL HAVE TO SELL MY BAB..., MFGRacing90GSX, Sep-11-07 05:27 PM, #8
                          RE: trying to convert my car from drag to everyday driver... PLEASE HELP OR WILL HAVE TO SELL MY BAB..., Remy, Sep-12-07 05:53 AM, #9
                               RE: trying to convert my car from drag to everyday driver... PLEASE HELP OR WILL HAVE TO SELL MY BAB..., just2cMEbl33d, Sep-12-07 10:51 AM, #10
                                    RE: trying to convert my car from drag to everyday driver... PLEASE HELP OR WILL HAVE TO SELL MY BAB..., Remy, Sep-14-07 05:43 AM, #11
                                         RE: trying to convert my car from drag to everyday driver... PLEASE HELP OR WILL HAVE TO SELL MY BAB..., ScreaminE, Sep-14-07 06:35 AM, #12

kelvinb1Aug-07-07 07:16 PM
Member since Apr 06th 2004
1543 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6733, "RE: trying to convert my car from drag to everyday driver... PLEASE HELP OR WILL HAVE TO SELL MY BAB..."
In response to Reply # 0

if you are still using stock fans upgrade to higher flowing fans. also make sure you have a shroud around them, or stock ducting for your radiator.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

JayWeezie88Aug-08-07 03:45 AM
Member since Jul 08th 2005
130 posts,
#6734, "RE: trying to convert my car from drag to everyday driver... PLEASE HELP OR WILL HAVE TO SELL MY BAB..."
In response to Reply # 1
Aug-08-07 03:46 AM by JayWeezie88

I almost have the same setup as you minus a few things and I drive mine as a DD, to work and back, to school and back.

I think as long as you get the cooling problem fixed, and keep up to date on maintenance, you shouldn't have a problem.

EDIT: Maybe get rid of the dump to keep the squealers away.

99 GST - Some stuff

14.083 @ 97.37 (10psi-ish ATCO 3/13/07)

"She said its JUST a car...I said your JUST a girl"

ModeratoreclipzGSTAug-08-07 07:33 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#6735, "RE: trying to convert my car from drag to everyday driver... PLEASE HELP OR WILL HAVE TO SELL MY BAB..."
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by kelvinb1
if you are still using stock fans upgrade to higher flowing fans. also make sure you have a shroud around them, or stock ducting for your radiator.

yes. You can also put a fan in FRONT of the radiator set up as a push type. Better fans and some ducting should take care of it...

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

ModeratorbullettdsmAug-09-07 09:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#6736, "RE: trying to convert my car from drag to everyday driver... PLEASE HELP OR WILL HAVE TO SELL MY BAB..."
In response to Reply # 3

I also ran pretty much the same thing in my 94 AWD as a daily (ported EIII16G with supporting mods). Be sure that the radiator, waterpump, thermostat (basically your cooling system) is functioning properly, also.

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

dsmtunerAug-26-07 08:45 AM
Member since Dec 01st 2003
44 posts,
#6737, "RE: trying to convert my car from drag to everyday driver... PLEASE HELP OR WILL HAVE TO SELL MY BAB..."
In response to Reply # 4
Aug-26-07 08:45 AM by dsmtuner

yeah, i too have a similar setup on my 1g, plus i have a koyo aluminum rad and 1 high flow slim fan and still have overheating problems for some reason. i put a 160 thermostat in it and that helped delay the overheating but it usually still creeps up on me. next thing im trying is a second fan.

RemySep-11-07 08:22 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#6738, "RE: trying to convert my car from drag to everyday driver... PLEASE HELP OR WILL HAVE TO SELL MY BAB..."
In response to Reply # 5

LOl you call a evo16g powered car a drag car ??
You are better off staying as far away from a gt35r as possible.

Good Luck

----------------------------------------
TSI AWD-500hp Beater
2007 Honda Civic

just2cMEbl33dSep-11-07 04:24 PM
22 posts,
#6739, "RE: trying to convert my car from drag to everyday driver... PLEASE HELP OR WILL HAVE TO SELL MY BAB..."
In response to Reply # 6

as in drag i meant the way the car was set up... short track smaller fans... tuning... the sorts... and why shud i stay away from a GT35R or were you just being a smartass???

MFGRacing90GSXSep-11-07 05:27 PM
Member since Oct 14th 2005
86 posts,
#6740, "RE: trying to convert my car from drag to everyday driver... PLEASE HELP OR WILL HAVE TO SELL MY BAB..."
In response to Reply # 6
Sep-11-07 05:29 PM by MFGRacing90GSX

Originally posted by Remy
LOl you call a evo16g powered car a drag car ?? You are better off staying as far away from a gt35r as possible. Good Luck ---------------------------------------- TSI AWD-500hp Beater 2007 Honda Civic

I am going to have to agree with Remy on this one. Maybe a GT35R isn't what you need. I am curious as the why you are saying you have to "convert" a "drag car" into a DD.
Is the overheating your only problem? If so, there must be something wrong that NEEDS to be fixed. You should not be overheating by any means with what you have in modifications. Your Setup is just a very mild street setup. You may drag race it, but I wouldn't go around telling everyone that it is a "dragcar" I am not bashing you or your Ride in any way, but my 42R powered eclipse with a 10pt cage/chute we still called a streetcar.
Also what do you mean by your "Tuning" what type of EMS are you running?

Matt
MFG Racing

http://dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1310

RemySep-12-07 05:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#6741, "RE: trying to convert my car from drag to everyday driver... PLEASE HELP OR WILL HAVE TO SELL MY BAB..."
In response to Reply # 8
Sep-12-07 05:54 AM by Remy

Originally posted by MFGRacing90GSX
Originally posted by Remy LOl you call a evo16g powered car a drag car ?? You are better off staying as far away from a gt35r as possible. Good Luck ---------------------------------------- TSI AWD-500hp Beater 2007 Honda Civic
I am going to have to agree with Remy on this one. Maybe a GT35R isn't what you need. I am curious as the why you are saying you have to "convert" a "drag car" into a DD. Is the overheating your only problem? If so, there must be something wrong that NEEDS to be fixed. You should not be overheating by any means with what you have in modifications. Your Setup is just a very mild street setup. You may drag race it, but I wouldn't go around telling everyone that it is a "dragcar" I am not bashing you or your Ride in any way, but my 42R powered eclipse with a 10pt cage/chute we still called a streetcar. Also what do you mean by your "Tuning" what type of EMS are you running?

Lol exactly.

I am run around with a welded diff and a twin disk. Still a street car in my eyes.

TSI AWD-500hp Beater
2007 Honda Civic

just2cMEbl33dSep-12-07 10:51 AM
22 posts,
#6742, "RE: trying to convert my car from drag to everyday driver... PLEASE HELP OR WILL HAVE TO SELL MY BAB..."
In response to Reply # 9

im running an SAFC... im just tryign to hit 500 hp.. and i dont wanna fuck shit up by not having the supporting mods... and this forum is old... i have fixed everything i had a problem with befor enow im just getting money for DSM link and a turbo... pluis supporting mods...

RemySep-14-07 05:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#6743, "RE: trying to convert my car from drag to everyday driver... PLEASE HELP OR WILL HAVE TO SELL MY BAB..."
In response to Reply # 10

Good Luck.

TSI AWD-500hp Beater
2007 Honda Civic

ScreaminESep-14-07 06:35 AM
Donating 2GNT member
815 posts,
#6744, "RE: trying to convert my car from drag to everyday driver... PLEASE HELP OR WILL HAVE TO SELL MY BAB..."
In response to Reply # 11

Originally posted by Remy
Good Luck. ---------------------------------------- TSI AWD-500hp Beater 2007 Honda Civic

x10, you'll need it

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #6732 Previous topic | Next topic