Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #6649
View in linear mode

Subject: "CryO2... as good as they seem???" Previous topic | Next topic
just2cMEbl33dAug-05-07 01:49 PM
Member since Jul 28th 2007
22 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6649, "CryO2... as good as they seem???"

my engine is running hot... i have an XS Front Mount Intercooler 24"x12"x3" with an Injen short ram intake... i need to keep my engine cool and was considering the Cry02... any suggestions... i made the plans of getting a thermostat that opens at 160 degrees... getting a carbon hood with a scoop in it... replacing the fans with 2 VS fans that are 1600cc... will the Cryo2 actually be worth it??? or any other suggestions???

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

dsmtunerAug-26-07 04:16 PM
Member since Dec 01st 2003
44 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6650, "RE: CryO2... as good as they seem???"
In response to Reply # 0

are you talking about spraying the radiator with it? i would start with the thermostat and fans first and see if you still need it, also a scoop really does help, my roomate has a vented hood on his 240, that thing never got up past like 170 degrees. only thing with the thermostat is in the winter time you may need dsmlink or some tuning software to get your car into closed loop.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

hookduphatchAug-28-07 07:11 AM
Member since Jul 10th 2004
552 posts,
#6651, "RE: CryO2... as good as they seem???"
In response to Reply # 1

In all honesty, the CryO2 systems are designed as a means for adding power, not cooling down your engine bay. I would suggest switching out to an aluminum radiator, better flowing fans, 160* thermostat, and a vented hood. Also use some Redline Water Wetter. Stuff lowers coolant temps by like 20*. From there if you want to go really crazy with worrying about cool temps, I'd suggest getting your exhaust manifold/turbo exducer housing/o2 housing jet hot coated with the high temp black. Read the literature on it, it's pretty amazing stuff.

95 Eclipse RS - Sold and In Montana Now
Project 95 GSX - In Full swing.

twackDec-08-07 12:44 PM
Member since Sep 15th 2007
50 posts,
#6652, "RE: CryO2... as good as they seem???"
In response to Reply # 0

any time you spray c02 it leaks into the intake at some point and actually hurts you, or so say the top researchers

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #6649 Previous topic | Next topic