Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #663
View in linear mode

Subject: "91 Talon any good?" Previous topic | Next topic
PowerEclipse (Guest)Aug-24-01 04:00 PM

#663, "91 Talon any good?"

my friend is looking at one for a first car what do you guys think about a 91 talon in general....is it good? something you have to look out for? just some basic info would help him out alot... thx

95 GS eclipse
pretty much stock
*mods to come*
AEM CAI
A/FX CDP

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: 91 Talon any good?, Inspekdah, Aug-24-01 04:02 PM, #1
RE: 91 Talon any good?, TeamJeff_99gs, Aug-25-01 02:57 AM, #2
      RE: 91 Talon any good?, klipzracer, Aug-25-01 06:11 AM, #3
           RE: 91 Talon any good?, GhostRyder (Guest), Aug-25-01 08:03 AM, #4
                RE: 91 Talon any good?, klipzracer, Aug-25-01 09:38 AM, #5
                     RE: 91 Talon any good?, TeamStan2gnt, Aug-25-01 11:39 AM, #6

InspekdahAug-24-01 04:02 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#664, "RE: 91 Talon any good?"
In response to Reply # 0

If he's on a low budget... it's a fine car, good mods out there too for 1g's considering they're 10 years old.

Is it a TSi or TSX?

Anyway, how much for it? how many miles? If he can hook it up with a nice wax and a body kit, it will be looking bling bling.

-----------------------------------
Ride:1995 Red Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
Mods: *Pending Orders
*AEM Cold Air Intake
*Tsudo DTM Peformance Muffler
*Memphis 400W Amp, 2 Pioneer 12's
*Brake Caliper Color Kit
*Performance Plugs

I'm not even a channel operator, but join #2gnt for some great 2gnt discussions on irc.dal.net.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamJeff_99gsAug-25-01 02:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#665, "RE: 91 Talon any good?"
In response to Reply # 1

TSi and TSi AWD. no TSX

The turbo models can be very fast for very cheap. And the 90-91 models look damn good IMO.

-Jeff
1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T'd

http://gs.dsmpower.com

klipzracerAug-25-01 06:11 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
#666, "RE: 91 Talon any good?"
In response to Reply # 2

yes siree buddy i be rockin a 90 gsx. got the free mods done and earlier today rocked a 99 gs-t. but his bov sounds better. time for me to buy a new one.

Chris Dishmon
chrisdishmon@hotmail.com or
chrisdishmon@yahoo.com (pretty original, huh?)

I have no really neat sayings to post here and too much $h!t done to my car to post either! Just visit my web site.

http://klipzracer.homestead.com/index.html
my new baby!

GhostRyder (Guest)Aug-25-01 08:03 AM

#667, "RE: 91 Talon any good?"
In response to Reply # 3

Sure its a fine car if he doesn't mind: RUST! EVERYWHERE... Paint peeling off at carwash... headlights sometimes don't pop-up.... tranny blowing...... bad breaks....... if he doesn't mind that shit then sure why not buy one!!!!!

1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

klipzracerAug-25-01 09:38 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
#668, "RE: 91 Talon any good?"
In response to Reply # 4

dude, you just got unlucky and got a lemon. all 4g63's aren't like that.

Chris Dishmon
chrisdishmon@hotmail.com or
chrisdishmon@yahoo.com (pretty original, huh?)

I have no really neat sayings to post here and too much $h!t done to my car to post either! Just visit my web site.

http://klipzracer.homestead.com/index.html
my new baby!

TeamStan2gntAug-25-01 11:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
#669, "RE: 91 Talon any good?"
In response to Reply # 5

1Gs are the mosyt reliable of them all. AWD trannys will break any yr especially if abused. As for 1G if AWF always try to get 92 up as they had a stronger rear differencial and it was the yr the AWD models began to get the bigger brakes. They also changed the rods that yr but not sure if for better or worse.

Intercooled Star turbo and other sh*t
http://stan2gnt.homestead.com/home.html
Stan2gnt
Stan2va@aol.com
95 Talon 420A-Turbo
Former and future nitrous user

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #663 Previous topic | Next topic