Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #6560
View in linear mode

Subject: "so i just picked up an evo3 16g" Previous topic | Next topic
hookduphatchOct-23-06 03:33 PM
Member since Jul 10th 2004
552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6560, "so i just picked up an evo3 16g"

okay. i have this turbo, manifold, and o2 housing sitting here, and the outside is rough. i'm fixing that now. going to clean it up. just looks like it got messy taking the thing off. no shaft play, wheels spins freely. a little corrosion in the intake part going to the fins. going to fix that too. my question is:

someone sent me a link basically showing me how to port the exhaust side of the turbo, because they told me i would boost creep real bad if i didn't open up the hump in front of the wastegate and make sure the wastegate "door" made 90 degrees when it opened. is there any truth in this? do i need to do it? i have a apexi n1 downpipe and exhaust. 3.15 inches most of the way, no cat. that's apparently where the idea stemmed from. someone let me know.

95 Eclipse RS - Sold and In Montana Now
Project 95 GSX - In Full swing.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: so i just picked up an evo3 16g, T_K, Oct-23-06 04:41 PM, #1
RE: so i just picked up an evo3 16g, hookduphatch, Oct-23-06 05:57 PM, #2
      RE: so i just picked up an evo3 16g, burntheblobs, Oct-23-06 07:24 PM, #3
      RE: so i just picked up an evo3 16g, TeamDR1665, Oct-24-06 07:53 AM, #4
           RE: so i just picked up an evo3 16g, burntheblobs, Oct-24-06 08:51 AM, #5
      RE: so i just picked up an evo3 16g, T_K, Oct-25-06 02:17 PM, #6
           RE: so i just picked up an evo3 16g, ModeratoreclipzGST, Oct-25-06 09:07 PM, #7
                RE: so i just picked up an evo3 16g, T_K, Oct-27-06 01:55 PM, #8
                     RE: so i just picked up an evo3 16g, ModeratoreclipzGST, Oct-27-06 02:05 PM, #9
                          RE: so i just picked up an evo3 16g, T_K, Oct-27-06 02:33 PM, #10
RE: so i just picked up an evo3 16g, twack, Dec-08-07 12:49 PM, #11

T_KOct-23-06 04:41 PM
Member since Nov 03rd 2005
219 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6561, "RE: so i just picked up an evo3 16g"
In response to Reply # 0

do a search on dsmtalk.com for evoiii 16g creep, there's a lot of info.

1993 Eagle Talon TSI AWD: balance shafts, cruise & AC removed; 16psi, Dejon intake & UICP, ported 14b, EVOIII mani, ported 2G O2 housing, 2.5" Buschur dp to 3" Thermal exhaust, datalogger, front strut brace, prothane motor mounts

1995 Eclipse RS U-Boot; Tokico Illuminas, GSX front brakes, ST front swaybar, short shifter, CAI with K&N filter, rear disks and swaybar, front upper and rear lower strut braces, beater exterior

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

hookduphatchOct-23-06 05:57 PM
Member since Jul 10th 2004
552 posts,
#6562, "RE: so i just picked up an evo3 16g"
In response to Reply # 1

never been there, but okay.

95 Eclipse RS - Sold and In Montana Now
Project 95 GSX - In Full swing.

burntheblobsOct-23-06 07:24 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1445 posts,
#6563, "RE: so i just picked up an evo3 16g"
In response to Reply # 2
Oct-23-06 07:24 PM by burntheblobs

Definitely port that hump if you will be running low boost levels. Anything over 18 psi and you most likely wont need to port it though. I have that hump ported, and I am currently running 7 psi on the evo 3 ha. (Don't ask)

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX - SOLD
2006 Mustang GT Convertible

TeamDR1665Oct-24-06 07:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#6564, "RE: so i just picked up an evo3 16g"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by burntheblobs
I am currently running

You wish!

burntheblobsOct-24-06 08:51 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1445 posts,
#6565, "RE: so i just picked up an evo3 16g"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by DR1665
Originally posted by burntheblobs I am currently running
You wish!

Driggowned.

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX - SOLD
2006 Mustang GT Convertible

T_KOct-25-06 02:17 PM
219 posts,
#6566, "RE: so i just picked up an evo3 16g"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by hookduphatch
never been there, but okay.

One of the best DSM boards out there.

1993 Eagle Talon TSI AWD: balance shafts, cruise & AC removed; 16psi, Dejon intake & UICP, ported 14b, EVOIII mani, ported 2G O2 housing, 2.5" Buschur dp to 3" Thermal exhaust, datalogger, front strut brace, prothane motor mounts

1995 Eclipse RS U-Boot; Tokico Illuminas, GSX front brakes, ST front swaybar, short shifter, CAI with K&N filter, rear disks and swaybar, front upper and rear lower strut braces, beater exterior

ModeratoreclipzGSTOct-25-06 09:07 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#6567, "RE: so i just picked up an evo3 16g"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by T_K
Originally posted by hookduphatch never been there, but okay.

I wouldn't go THAT far...

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

T_KOct-27-06 01:55 PM
219 posts,
#6568, "RE: so i just picked up an evo3 16g"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by eclipzGST
Originally posted by T_K

I would. I've done all kinds of research on arcane DSM topics there and got a lot of answers from old threads.

Then again I have no access to NABR which supposedly is the best?

ModeratoreclipzGSTOct-27-06 02:05 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#6569, "RE: so i just picked up an evo3 16g"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by T_K
Originally posted by eclipzGST
Originally posted by T_K
I would. I've done all kinds of research on arcane DSM topics there and got a lot of answers from old threads. Then again I have no access to NABR which supposedly is the best?

You should still have access to the public archives.
You should also check out www.newengdsm.org They know thier shit!

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

T_KOct-27-06 02:33 PM
219 posts,
#6570, "RE: so i just picked up an evo3 16g"
In response to Reply # 9

I tried searching the "tech archive" but it just doesn't work.

twackDec-08-07 12:49 PM
Member since Sep 15th 2007
50 posts,
#6571, "RE: so i just picked up an evo3 16g"
In response to Reply # 0

nice

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #6560 Previous topic | Next topic