Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #6516
View in linear mode

Subject: "i built my very first turbo manifold finally and its for a 1g" Previous topic | Next topic
AMMFeb-18-08 05:17 AM
Member since Aug 27th 2007
86 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6516, "i built my very first turbo manifold finally and its for a 1g"

i got it all tacked up and ready to weld but dont have the pics up yet. i dont really know what deign u would call this but theres about a 4" differnce in runner length between the 2 pairs (no biggie if u ask me) and they arent paired how i would have liked but it turned out sweet if u ask me. ill have the pics up later tonight.

mike

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: i built my very first turbo manifold finally and its for a 1g, AMM, Feb-18-08 02:49 PM, #1
RE: i built my very first turbo manifold finally and its for a 1g, ModeratoreclipzGST, Feb-18-08 04:12 PM, #2
      RE: i built my very first turbo manifold finally and its for a 1g, Moderatorbullettdsm, Feb-19-08 12:03 PM, #3
           RE: i built my very first turbo manifold finally and its for a 1g, AMM, Feb-19-08 03:30 PM, #4
                RE: i built my very first turbo manifold finally and its for a 1g, TeamDR1665, Feb-20-08 12:22 PM, #5
                     RE: i built my very first turbo manifold finally and its for a 1g, AMM, Feb-20-08 07:22 PM, #6
RE: i built my very first turbo manifold finally and its for a 1g, Noogabox, Feb-27-08 09:51 AM, #7
RE: i built my very first turbo manifold finally and its for a 1g, AMM, Mar-01-08 08:30 PM, #8
      RE: i built my very first turbo manifold finally and its for a 1g, AMM, Mar-02-08 06:28 PM, #9
           RE: i built my very first turbo manifold finally and its for a 1g, ez, Mar-05-08 07:36 PM, #10
                RE: i built my very first turbo manifold finally and its for a 1g, AMM, Mar-06-08 02:22 AM, #11
                     RE: i built my very first turbo manifold finally and its for a 1g, AMM, Mar-09-08 08:17 AM, #12
                          RE: i built my very first turbo manifold finally and its for a 1g, soulcontroller, Mar-09-08 08:24 AM, #13
                               RE: i built my very first turbo manifold finally and its for a 1g, kelvinb1, Mar-09-08 06:10 PM, #14
                                    RE: i built my very first turbo manifold finally and its for a 1g, AMM, Mar-09-08 08:19 PM, #15
                                         RE: i built my very first turbo manifold finally and its for a 1g, Moderatorbullettdsm, Mar-10-08 07:24 AM, #16
                                              RE: i built my very first turbo manifold finally and its for a 1g, AMM, Mar-10-08 02:02 PM, #17
                                                   RE: i built my very first turbo manifold finally and its for a 1g, eclipse982nrRST, Mar-24-08 01:52 AM, #18
                                                        RE: i built my very first turbo manifold finally and its for a 1g, 2GeclipseRS, Mar-27-08 04:22 AM, #19

AMMFeb-18-08 02:49 PM
86 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6517, "RE: i built my very first turbo manifold finally and its for a 1g"
In response to Reply # 0

heres the pics thus far guys.........

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratoreclipzGSTFeb-18-08 04:12 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#6518, "RE: i built my very first turbo manifold finally and its for a 1g"
In response to Reply # 1
Feb-18-08 04:15 PM by eclipzGST

ummmm.....
That is a SWEEEET looking mother fucker! Hurry up and weld that bitch so we can see the finished work!!!!
Edit: is it just me or could we get a 2GNT Fab shop going with all you welders??

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

ModeratorbullettdsmFeb-19-08 12:03 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#6519, "RE: i built my very first turbo manifold finally and its for a 1g"
In response to Reply # 2

Looks nice, Mike.

Couple of things; first off, the equal length is not quite as sensitive with the forced induction.

Also, have you test fitted the bitch yet? I'm sure you worked on at least numbers, just wondering if you tried it on an actual car or just a mock up engine?

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

AMMFeb-19-08 03:30 PM
86 posts,
#6520, "RE: i built my very first turbo manifold finally and its for a 1g"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by bullettdsm
Looks nice, Mike. Couple of things; first off, the equal length is not quite as sensitive with the forced induction. Also, have you test fitted the bitch yet? I'm sure you worked on at least numbers, just wondering if you tried it on an actual car or just a mock up engine?

yep it was test fitted when mocking it up but not with the turbo bolted on because i hadnt welded on the flange to the collector yet. i angled it away from the block as u can tell so hopefully there wont be to many issues.

AMM

TeamDR1665Feb-20-08 12:22 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#6521, "RE: i built my very first turbo manifold finally and its for a 1g"
In response to Reply # 4
Feb-20-08 12:27 PM by DR1665

That's brilliant, Mike. Holy damn.

EDIT:
I should talk to you next time we're out at INO about a 3" downpipe and catback for the Galant. Mandrel bent, no need for stainless, I provide muffler. Maybe we can work something out and I put some AMM FAB decals on the car once its' back together.

AMMFeb-20-08 07:22 PM
86 posts,
#6522, "RE: i built my very first turbo manifold finally and its for a 1g"
In response to Reply # 5

sounds good........... we want to have the car that the manifold is going on done by then and there that night, hopefully it will happen.

mike

NoogaboxFeb-27-08 09:51 AM
Member since Feb 01st 2008
96 posts,
#6523, "RE: i built my very first turbo manifold finally and its for a 1g"
In response to Reply # 0

The more I look at the picture the more if looks like the turbo is going to be right up agianst the Engine block or possibly not clear, Of course he has not welded it yet in the picture so theres no reason it couldnt be adjusted.

Upgradecar.blogspot.com for the Candy Red Turbocharged 420a, Xbox Talon

Dreamcasteclipse.blogspot.com for the Raspberry 4g63T Dreamcast GST

AMMMar-01-08 08:30 PM
86 posts,
#6524, "RE: i built my very first turbo manifold finally and its for a 1g"
In response to Reply # 7
Mar-02-08 06:22 PM by AMM

its fitted and ready to go. i fly cut the tubes where they weld to the head flange, cut the brace in the hood right above the tubes, cut the nipple on the block off and notched the front motor mount and it fits with stock rad and some slim line fans. the wastegate is still on where its at in the pics above but i rotated it downwards a bit. ill get some pics up in the next few days.

mike

AMMMar-02-08 06:28 PM
86 posts,
#6525, "RE: i built my very first turbo manifold finally and its for a 1g"
In response to Reply # 8
Mar-02-08 06:29 PM by AMM

ok here the pics i took with my camera phone all mocked up, now i just need to weld it. i notched the front motor mount and turned the waste gate flange a bit to have it face straight downward. anyways heres the phone pics...........

mike

ezMar-05-08 07:36 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#6526, "RE: i built my very first turbo manifold finally and its for a 1g"
In response to Reply # 9

Wow there are some great projects on this board recently. Strong work there.

You know, transfer the wastegate to the other side, and that style looks like it would fit the 420a and clear the a/c & steering pulleys. I still dream of having the compressor on the passenger side...

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

AMMMar-06-08 02:22 AM
86 posts,
#6527, "RE: i built my very first turbo manifold finally and its for a 1g"
In response to Reply # 10

thats the plan for the 420a mini ram im going to build. but my first mani for the 420a is actually going to be a top mount.

mike

AMMMar-09-08 08:17 AM
86 posts,
#6528, "RE: i built my very first turbo manifold finally and its for a 1g"
In response to Reply # 11

its done!

finished!

well for being my first one i think it turned out ok, practice makes perfect though. anyways here it is along with a few other pics. what u guys think.............

i had to take pics of those ports before while it was off.............

the

motor mount mod..........

the hood mod...........

over all shot as it sits..........

this is the best weld on it IMO.............

overall manifold shots..........

soulcontrollerMar-09-08 08:24 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#6529, "RE: i built my very first turbo manifold finally and its for a 1g"
In response to Reply # 12

wow that's dead sexy!

kelvinb1Mar-09-08 06:10 PM
Member since Apr 06th 2004
1543 posts,
#6530, "RE: i built my very first turbo manifold finally and its for a 1g"
In response to Reply # 13

soooo what would you charge me to build a topmount t4 with a 60mm wastegate

AMMMar-09-08 08:19 PM
86 posts,
#6531, "RE: i built my very first turbo manifold finally and its for a 1g"
In response to Reply # 14

probably a little more than this one cause its gonna take a bit more time. if ur serious PM with all the details.

mike

ModeratorbullettdsmMar-10-08 07:24 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#6532, "RE: i built my very first turbo manifold finally and its for a 1g"
In response to Reply # 15

Nice work as usual, Mike.

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

AMMMar-10-08 02:02 PM
86 posts,
#6533, "RE: i built my very first turbo manifold finally and its for a 1g"
In response to Reply # 16

why thank you sir!

mike

eclipse982nrRSTMar-24-08 01:52 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#6534, "RE: i built my very first turbo manifold finally and its for a 1g"
In response to Reply # 17

Mike,

Looks very nice and the craftsmanship is perfect.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

2GeclipseRSMar-27-08 04:22 AM
Member since May 06th 2007
781 posts,
#6535, "RE: i built my very first turbo manifold finally and its for a 1g"
In response to Reply # 18

I may be sending a 4g63t head off to you before long. I love your portwork!

Nice manifold as well.

From the first post, i was expecting a pulse style manifold like the kind you see on sr20's. Either way, it's still kickass.

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #6516 Previous topic | Next topic