Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #6440
View in linear mode

Subject: "BOV ques." Previous topic | Next topic
gsnt2gSep-05-01 04:07 PM
Old School 2GNTer
49 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6440, "BOV ques."

I know everyone loves that WHOOSH of a BOV that vents into the atmosphere but I was wondering why more people don't make aftermarket BOV's that vent back into the turbo intake?
I look at the prices of some aftermarket BOV's and wonder why people pay so much just to have one that sounds different.
If it was just a performance issue, you can get a 1G BOV and when crushed, are good for massive amounts of boost and hp.
Just out of curiosity, Has anyone vented a stock 2G or 1G BOV into the engine bay? I wonder how loud they are when not attached to the dump tube.....

-Tony

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamDeezGstSep-06-01 01:36 AM
Old School 2GNTer
484 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6441, "RE: BOV ques."
In response to Reply # 0

The reason you chunk the 2G bov is because it sucks and starts to vent at about 13psi. They are somewhat loud when vented to the atmosphere, but not compariable with an aftermarket. On a budget the best thing to do is definatley get a 1G BOV. But some people just prefer the loud ass sounds that come with an aftermarket bov.

Derek
DeezGst on aol's IM
http://www.fastasknutz.com
http://www.geocities.com/deezgst

New Toy

Old toy: 1997 GS-T
8.4@87 1/8th pump/street tires

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratorVX100Sep-06-01 01:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#6442, "RE: BOV ques."
In response to Reply # 1

Derek is right, the best overall choice is the 1G crushed (if it's done properly) We've had guys run 11's with a crushed 1G BOV in NEDSM.

"Keep on charging the enemy, so long as there is life."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.750 @ 88.93 MPH
2001 DSM Shootout Winner - NT Class

Modifications: GS-T muffler, Iceman cold air intake, AFX underdrive pulley, Brospeed header, Apexi Super AFC, Extrude Honed intake manifold, KYB AGX shocks, Powerslot front rotors, Porterfield R4S front brake pads, and occationally Mazda RX-7 rims with 225/50VR16 Michelin Pilot SX-GT tires

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

TeamDeezGstSep-06-01 06:19 AM
Old School 2GNTer
484 posts,
#6443, "RE: BOV ques."
In response to Reply # 2

Blaha ran 10's,and was pushing 400+ to the wheels with a 1G crushed BOV.

Derek
DeezGst on aol's IM
http://www.fastasknutz.com
http://www.thebandfleenor.com/car site/index.html

New Toy

Old toy: 1997 GS-T
8.4@87 1/8th pump/street tires

gsnt2gSep-06-01 03:49 PM
Old School 2GNTer
49 posts,
#6444, "RE: BOV ques."
In response to Reply # 3

Yeah, I knew all that already... read my post again.
I actually found the answer to my ques. in the turbo forum under Stan's post.

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #6440 Previous topic | Next topic