Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #619
View in linear mode

Subject: "Would Like Advise On Potential Purchase..." Previous topic | Next topic
Jem09Mar-22-06 11:14 AM
Member since Jul 12th 2005
224 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#619, "Would Like Advise On Potential Purchase..."

Peace,

I can get a 93' AWD Talon for $1,000.00... The only things (from what he stated) need to be installed is:

"all the engine needs is rods, pistons, turbo, and a gasket set i have all the rest waterpump, alternator, starter, and all brackets. Head was redone by mikes speed shop in murfreesboro. wiring harness is in perfect condition and EPROM Ecu has no leaks. inside the car needs a radio and a headliner."

So what do you fellas think? I could invest in a block, turbo (EvoIII 16g w/mani. and o2 housin'?), gaskets and call it a day/good investment? I don't know anythin' about 1G's, I appreciate your input/knowledge on the subject...

Peace,
Jem

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Would Like Advise On Potential Purchase..., FlyinEsi, Mar-22-06 11:50 AM, #1
RE: Would Like Advise On Potential Purchase..., HybriDSM, Mar-22-06 11:56 AM, #2
RE: Would Like Advise On Potential Purchase..., ModeratoreclipzGST, Mar-22-06 01:53 PM, #3
RE: Would Like Advise On Potential Purchase..., burntheblobs, Mar-22-06 01:56 PM, #4
      RE: Would Like Advise On Potential Purchase..., Eric, Mar-22-06 02:56 PM, #5
           RE: Would Like Advise On Potential Purchase..., RST95eclipse, Mar-22-06 03:28 PM, #6
RE: Would Like Advise On Potential Purchase..., Jem09, Mar-22-06 05:48 PM, #8
RE: Would Like Advise On Potential Purchase..., Jem09, Mar-22-06 05:44 PM, #7
      RE: Would Like Advise On Potential Purchase..., Jem09, Mar-22-06 05:50 PM, #9

FlyinEsiMar-22-06 11:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#620, "RE: Would Like Advise On Potential Purchase..."
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by Jem09
and EPROM Ecu has no leaks.

ECU has no leaks?? WTF? Does this person really know anything about their car? Sounds like a lot of stuff to have to buy.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

HybriDSMMar-22-06 11:56 AM
Member since Aug 07th 2002
2407 posts,
#621, "RE: Would Like Advise On Potential Purchase..."
In response to Reply # 1
Mar-22-06 11:57 AM by HybriDSM

Originally posted by FlyinEsi
Originally posted by Jem09 and EPROM Ecu has no leaks.
ECU has no leaks?? WTF? Does this person really know anything about their car? Sounds like a lot of stuff to have to buy.

He propbably means the ECU doesn't have leaky caps, which means he might no more than the average person about the car. 1K isn't a bad price at all for a good condition body with some parts reusable. Just make sure it has no rust.

1G's are awesome projects, but just peruse vfaq.com for a few hours to get some basic info under the belt. Best of luck and pop in with more questions when you want.

It's running again shitheads.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=791

HybriDSM@gmail.com ; HybriDSM@hotmail.com

Think for yourself. Question authority does not always mean disagree with authority.

If life were perfect, I'd be Calvin and you'd be Hobbes.

ModeratoreclipzGSTMar-22-06 01:53 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#622, "RE: Would Like Advise On Potential Purchase..."
In response to Reply # 2

Thats still alot of money for a car that needs assembly. I'd try to talk him down a little. But like Matt said. It really depends on the condition of the shell and stuff included.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

burntheblobsMar-22-06 01:56 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1445 posts,
#623, "RE: Would Like Advise On Potential Purchase..."
In response to Reply # 3

Don't pay more than $600 on that car.

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX - SOLD
2006 Mustang GT Convertible

EricMar-22-06 02:56 PM
Member since Mar 21st 2004
252 posts,
#624, "RE: Would Like Advise On Potential Purchase..."
In response to Reply # 4

1k if the body and rest of the interior is mint. For 1k more you can get a working 1g with some mods done to it. Also, I don't like "all yout have to do to get it running" comments. My friend bought a 1g that "just needed a new fpr". 9 months later and $700 and it still doesn't run right. He could be correct though, but it's in your hands after you buy it.

-Eric

97 Eclipse RS
1/4: 16.15 @ 87.35mph

RST95eclipseMar-22-06 03:28 PM
Member since Oct 19th 2004
403 posts,
#625, "RE: Would Like Advise On Potential Purchase..."
In response to Reply # 5

Well it's basically just a shell. I wouldn't pay more than $800. It's perfect if you want to go big, since everything would need to be replaced with quality aftermarket parts. In the end, it's all you.

Jem09Mar-22-06 05:48 PM
224 posts,
#626, "RE: Would Like Advise On Potential Purchase..."
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by HybriDSM
He propbably means the ECU doesn't have leaky caps, which means he might no more than the average person about the car. 1K isn't a bad price at all for a good condition body with some parts reusable. Just make sure it has no rust. 1G's are awesome projects, but just peruse vfaq.com for a few hours to get some basic info under the belt. Best of luck and pop in with more questions when you want.

I read somewhere about that, regardin' swappin' out the caps. for better ones, that can endure more...

I appreciate the heads up and offer to help me out when I need it... I'm not too familiar with the 4G63 set up, but soon enough, if I make the purchase, I'll be good... Then again, with fellas such as yourself and possible others that may be willin' to hit me off with "know-how" when I get stuck, I'll be good...

Peace,
Jem

Jem09Mar-22-06 05:44 PM
224 posts,
#627, "RE: Would Like Advise On Potential Purchase..."
In response to Reply # 1

I understood what he meant... He didn't use comma to break the sentence down...

Most of the parts I need, I can get relatively cheap...

Peace,
Jem

Jem09Mar-22-06 05:50 PM
224 posts,
#628, "RE: Would Like Advise On Potential Purchase..."
In response to Reply # 7

I appreciate everyones opinions and perspectives...

Peace,
Jem

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #619 Previous topic | Next topic