Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #5861
View in linear mode

Subject: "1g talon transmission - diff between turbo and nt?" Previous topic | Next topic
qc dsm tsiOct-10-04 05:24 PM
Member since Jun 14th 2003
381 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5861, "1g talon transmission - diff between turbo and nt?"

...The reason I ask is because the far outer housing on my tranny on my 92 tsi fwd. It is cracked right next to were there is a pressure deal, sorry I know very very little about trannys. Any way I have a buddy that has a 91 nt that he is parting out. I was wondering If it would be possible to use that??

Thanks I will try to get pics asap.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamJeff_99gsOct-10-04 07:51 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5862, "RE: 1g talon transmission - diff between turbo and nt?"
In response to Reply # 0
Oct-10-04 07:52 PM by Jeff_99gs

Only if it is a 4G63 NT. Why not just replace the part of the housing that is broken?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

qc dsm tsiOct-11-04 04:17 AM
Member since Jun 14th 2003
381 posts,
#5863, "RE: 1g talon transmission - diff between turbo and nt?"
In response to Reply # 1

I was just planning on replacing the housing, I was just at satan and they said the housing is different. They want $56 for it, not bad... i guess.

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #5861 Previous topic | Next topic