Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #5644
View in linear mode

Subject: "WHAT THE HELL! Please help here!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
FlyinEsiNov-07-05 04:46 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5644, "WHAT THE HELL! Please help here!!!"
Nov-07-05 04:47 PM by FlyinEsi

Dammit, I'm 4 days away from putting my new turbo on and now all of a sudden my clutch is going to act up. I came home off the freeway, drove up and got my mail. Then I'm driving through my apartment complex going over the 6" high speedbumps, I go over the very last one before pulling into my garage and all of a sudden my clutch starts making noise when I push it in. I tried pushing it in a couple times and it made the noise every time. Then I pulled into the garage and all of a sudden I smell clutch, turn the car off, lift the hood and a bellow of clutch smoke comes out... WTF! Only 12K miles of pretty easy driving on my ACT2600. Any idea what caused this?? Do you think my clutch is toast?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: WHAT THE HELL! Please help here!!!, PowerEclipses, Nov-07-05 06:57 PM, #1
RE: WHAT THE HELL! Please help here!!!, TeamJeff_99gs, Nov-07-05 08:36 PM, #2
      RE: WHAT THE HELL! Please help here!!!, FlyinEsi, Nov-08-05 05:37 AM, #3
           RE: WHAT THE HELL! Please help here!!!, TeamDR1665, Nov-08-05 07:15 AM, #4
                RE: WHAT THE HELL! Please help here!!!, FlyinEsi, Nov-08-05 07:22 AM, #5
                     RE: WHAT THE HELL! Please help here!!!, FlyinEsi, Nov-08-05 08:20 AM, #6
                          RE: WHAT THE HELL! Please help here!!!, FlyinEsi, Nov-08-05 09:47 AM, #7
                               RE: WHAT THE HELL! Please help here!!!, Blizare, Nov-08-05 10:04 AM, #8
                                    RE: WHAT THE HELL! Please help here!!!, SilverBullet20g, Nov-08-05 01:43 PM, #9
                                         RE: WHAT THE HELL! Please help here!!!, Remy, Nov-09-05 01:34 AM, #10
                                              RE: WHAT THE HELL! Please help here!!!, BigBald, Nov-09-05 05:37 AM, #11
                                                   RE: WHAT THE HELL! Please help here!!!, FlyinEsi, Nov-09-05 06:11 AM, #12
                                                        RE: WHAT THE HELL! Please help here!!!, FlyinEsi, Nov-09-05 07:53 AM, #13
                                                             RE: WHAT THE HELL! Please help here!!!, BigBald, Nov-09-05 10:35 AM, #14
                                                                  RE: WHAT THE HELL! Please help here!!!, FlyinEsi, Nov-09-05 12:50 PM, #15
                                                                       RE: WHAT THE HELL! Please help here!!!, 97eclipse97, Nov-09-05 01:51 PM, #16
                                                                            RE: WHAT THE HELL! Please help here!!!, FlyinEsi, Nov-09-05 02:04 PM, #17
                                                                                 RE: WHAT THE HELL! Please help here!!!, BigBald, Nov-10-05 06:43 AM, #18
                                                                                      RE: WHAT THE HELL! Please help here!!!, FlyinEsi, Nov-10-05 08:36 AM, #19
                                                                                           RE: WHAT THE HELL! Please help here!!!, kelvinb1, Nov-19-05 08:39 AM, #20
                                                                                                RE: WHAT THE HELL! Please help here!!!, ModeratoreclipzGST, Nov-19-05 08:58 AM, #21
                                                                                                     RE: WHAT THE HELL! Please help here!!!, TeamDR1665, Nov-19-05 01:00 PM, #22

PowerEclipsesNov-07-05 06:57 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5645, "RE: WHAT THE HELL! Please help here!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

maybe you got one of the shitty act clutches that blow apart, sorry if you did...

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamJeff_99gsNov-07-05 08:36 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#5646, "RE: WHAT THE HELL! Please help here!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

12k miles is a decent amount for an aftermarket clutch, but then again it is an ACT. What disc is it? The street discs are very forgiving. Give it a few days and see if it comes back.

FlyinEsiNov-08-05 05:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#5647, "RE: WHAT THE HELL! Please help here!!!"
In response to Reply # 2

No can do. Clutch didn't even make it to work today. I had to be towed into a Mitsu dealer and they are going to check for hydraulic problems and see if I completely toasted my clutch!

FUCK!

TeamDR1665Nov-08-05 07:15 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#5648, "RE: WHAT THE HELL! Please help here!!!"
In response to Reply # 3

Remember Mario's car.
Remember Mario's car.
Remember Mario's car.
Remember Mario's car.
Remember Mario's car.
Remember Mario's car.
Remember Mario's car.
Remember Mario's car.
Remember Mario's car.
Remember Mario's car.
Remember Mario's car.
Remember Mario's car.
Remember Mario's car.
Remember Mario's car.
Remember Mario's car.
Remember Mario's car.
Remember Mario's car.
Remember Mario's car.
Remember Mario's car.
Remember Mario's car.
Remember Mario's car.
Remember Mario's car.
Remember Mario's car.
Remember Mario's car.
Remember Mario's car.
Remember Mario's car.
Remember Mario's car.
Remember Mario's car.
Remember Mario's car.
Remember Mario's car.

FlyinEsiNov-08-05 07:22 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#5649, "RE: WHAT THE HELL! Please help here!!!"
In response to Reply # 4

Yeah, I remember hearing he blew his rear end a couple weeks ago. But I also heard he almost made 700 engine HP on his gt35r turbo.

FlyinEsiNov-08-05 08:20 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#5650, "RE: WHAT THE HELL! Please help here!!!"
In response to Reply # 5

FlyinEsiNov-08-05 09:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#5651, "RE: WHAT THE HELL! Please help here!!!"
In response to Reply # 6

Throw out bearing broke into pieces, laying inside the clutch housing. Going to cost the same to replace that as it does to replace the clutch! I'm looking at $420 + a new clutch if I need one.

BlizareNov-08-05 10:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#5652, "RE: WHAT THE HELL! Please help here!!!"
In response to Reply # 7

gad dammit. that bites.

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

SilverBullet20gNov-08-05 01:43 PM
Member since Sep 25th 2004
558 posts,
#5653, "RE: WHAT THE HELL! Please help here!!!"
In response to Reply # 8
Nov-08-05 01:44 PM by SilverBullet20g

That sucks man..It looks like satan over charged you for the clutch R&R too

(parting out 95 GS)

RemyNov-09-05 01:34 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#5654, "RE: WHAT THE HELL! Please help here!!!"
In response to Reply # 9

Tow it back home and do it with a couple friends. With that extra money you could put in a new disk. Clutch jobs are easy man. Should only take about 2hrs with a few friends. But if you dont want to go that route Mitsu will find away to rip you a new one. good luck homey.

WWW.CNNMOTORSPORTS.COM

BigBaldNov-09-05 05:37 AM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2715 posts,
#5655, "RE: WHAT THE HELL! Please help here!!!"
In response to Reply # 10

$420 to replace a TOB? I remember my first time dropping my tranny....oh the memories.

1995 GST - Who the hell knows

FlyinEsiNov-09-05 06:11 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#5656, "RE: WHAT THE HELL! Please help here!!!"
In response to Reply # 11

Possibly replacing the clutch too if it is toast. But you have to do the same amount of work either way, so it's the same price....I don't have near the tools I need to drop the tranny, so I can't do it myself this time. If it happens again, I'll be buying a couple jacks, getting some freinds over, and taking care of business.

FlyinEsiNov-09-05 07:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#5657, "RE: WHAT THE HELL! Please help here!!!"
In response to Reply # 12

Just got word from UMS tuning and the throw out bearing took our my clutch too. Said the diaphram was destroyed by the TOB and it needs to be replaced. Interesting news though...he says it looks like an ACT 2100 clutch was put in and not the 2600 I ordered and paid for. hmmmm...gotta check that one out. I'm pretty sure I checked out the box when it arrived, but maybe not.

BigBaldNov-09-05 10:35 AM
2715 posts,
#5658, "RE: WHAT THE HELL! Please help here!!!"
In response to Reply # 13

Get a Exedy Twin Disk Clutch.....I hate ACT......yes i use ACT...lol.

FlyinEsiNov-09-05 12:50 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#5659, "RE: WHAT THE HELL! Please help here!!!"
In response to Reply # 14

Originally posted by BigBald
Get a Exedy Twin Disk Clutch.....I hate ACT......yes i use ACT...lol.

Here...let me...just pull out my wallet....oh shit, that's right, I don't have $1500 to drop on a clutch. $800 is bad enough.

97eclipse97Nov-09-05 01:51 PM
Member since Jul 29th 2003
695 posts,
#5660, "RE: WHAT THE HELL! Please help here!!!"
In response to Reply # 15

I say you go out and buy the tools that you need to do the work and get some hands-on experience. You might have spent less in tools than the $420 anyways, so why not? Was the TO bearing not replaced at the same time as the clutch?

P.S. You can easily find a 2600 with an Xtreme pressure plate and a new TO bearing for under $400 (RRE has it for $395 shipped, and I know others have it for even cheaper)

'95 GSX - New motor/turbo going in...
'95 TSi AWD - For sale...buy me!
'03.5 MazdaSpeed Protege - Stock daily driver
'97 CBR 600 - Purple is a real man's color

FlyinEsiNov-09-05 02:04 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#5661, "RE: WHAT THE HELL! Please help here!!!"
In response to Reply # 16

I got the clutch from the guy who is working on the car for $360.

BigBaldNov-10-05 06:43 AM
2715 posts,
#5662, "RE: WHAT THE HELL! Please help here!!!"
In response to Reply # 17

Bah...I found one for $1499...you can save Dan....lol.

FlyinEsiNov-10-05 08:36 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#5663, "RE: WHAT THE HELL! Please help here!!!"
In response to Reply # 18

Originally posted by BigBald
Bah...I found one for $1499...you can save Dan....lol.

LOL! I think I found one last night for like $1300 somewhere.

kelvinb1Nov-19-05 08:39 AM
Member since Apr 06th 2004
1543 posts,
#5664, "RE: WHAT THE HELL! Please help here!!!"
In response to Reply # 19

i have an exedy stage 2 that i bought with a used tranny for 1k. that includes tranny/fidanza flywheel/stage2 clutch/pp. maybe look into that.

ModeratoreclipzGSTNov-19-05 08:58 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#5665, "RE: WHAT THE HELL! Please help here!!!"
In response to Reply # 20

Originally posted by kelvinb1
i have an exedy stage 2 that i bought with a used tranny for 1k. that includes tranny/fidanza flywheel/stage2 clutch/pp. maybe look into that.

His clutch is the least of his worries now...

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

TeamDR1665Nov-19-05 01:00 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#5666, "RE: WHAT THE HELL! Please help here!!!"
In response to Reply # 21

Originally posted by eclipzGST
His clutch is the least of his worries now...

Good thing he's got az2gnt around. We'll get Dan squared away.

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #5644 Previous topic | Next topic