Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #5374
View in linear mode

Subject: "For those of you who know how to tune avcr and a safc" Previous topic | Next topic
sadcJun-15-08 10:19 AM
Member since Jun 23rd 2007
47 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5374, "For those of you who know how to tune avcr and a safc"

Hey guys, I just bought a 1997 gsx with a apex'i safc and a avcr installed. When the previous owner had it before me he said it did 380awhp. But yea let me tell you my problem first. So, I cant go past 4500k rpm. Like it gets fuel cut or something. And when I drive it and floor it, it feels like its going no where. But the rpms do clime. Until it reaches 4500k and it feels like it red lining. So the things that I KNOW thats on the car is RC450cc injectors. 16g turbo. open wastegate. garrett bov with a with recirc block off.(surprise I didnt throw a cel) 255lph walbro fuel pump. So I need help tuning it. Tried looking at the manual and its pretty confusing. From going from a 420a to a gsx is pretty crazy. But if anyone can help that would be awesome. I want to set it up where I have at least 12 psi daily.

Thanks in advance

sadc

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

goalieman24Jul-07-08 01:41 PM
Member since Sep 13th 2003
174 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5376, "RE: For those of you who know how to tune avcr and a safc"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by sadc
So, I cant go past 4500k rpm. Like it gets fuel cut or something. And when I drive it and floor it, it feels like its going no where. But the rpms do clime.

That alone sounds like a boost leak. Have you checked at all?

Did you mean RC550 injectors? Do you have a FPR for that 255 pump?
How much boost? You say you'd like to tune for 12psi daily, is that what you are running now?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratoreclipzGSTJul-12-08 10:04 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#5377, "RE: For those of you who know how to tune avcr and a safc"
In response to Reply # 1
Jul-12-08 10:09 PM by eclipzGST

I'll bet any money your BOV isn't holding pressure. Try a stock 1G unit recirculated. Or really ANYTHING for that matter. Even the stock 2G BOV is good for 14.5-ish psi.
List ALL your mods. You're missing stuff or the previous owner is a big fat liar.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #5374 Previous topic | Next topic