Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #534
View in linear mode

Subject: "95 GSX what would you pay?" Previous topic | Next topic
EclipsedOutApr-05-06 03:35 PM
Member since Mar 29th 2006
81 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#534, "95 GSX what would you pay?"

I found a 95 GSX 4-sale. The motor and tranny are out of the car. The motor was just rebuilt(stock rebuild I think) and he said the trans was rebuilt like 2 years ago. There is no wheels & tires on it and the Pass. door has a nice dent and the drivers side quarter panel has a dent behind the wheelwell. The lower Rad. support is also bent.
It needs wheels & tires, motor and tranny need to be put back in, body work and paint, Rad. support needs to be straightend, The sifter cables need to be put back on and the console put back together.
He said it has a new center force clutch in it.
What would you pay for this car??

95 GSX
95 RS
96 GS (parts car)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: 95 GSX what would you pay?, 97eclipse97, Apr-06-06 04:03 AM, #1
RE: 95 GSX what would you pay?, EclipsedOut, Apr-06-06 03:20 PM, #2
      RE: 95 GSX what would you pay?, destruckeclipse, Apr-06-06 03:32 PM, #3
           RE: 95 GSX what would you pay?, RST95eclipse, Apr-07-06 02:53 AM, #4
                RE: 95 GSX what would you pay?, ScreaminE, Apr-07-06 04:08 AM, #5
                     RE: 95 GSX what would you pay?, Dualgen2, Apr-07-06 05:17 AM, #6
                          RE: 95 GSX what would you pay?, EclipsedOut, Apr-07-06 06:20 AM, #7
RE: 95 GSX what would you pay?(PICS ADDED), EclipsedOut, Apr-10-06 12:59 PM, #8
RE: 95 GSX what would you pay?(PICS ADDED), RST95eclipse, Apr-10-06 01:34 PM, #9
      RE: 95 GSX what would you pay?(PICS ADDED), 97eclipse97, Apr-10-06 03:49 PM, #10
           RE: 95 GSX what would you pay?(PICS ADDED), RST95eclipse, Apr-10-06 05:26 PM, #11
                RE: 95 GSX what would you pay?(PICS ADDED), EclipsedOut, Apr-11-06 08:13 AM, #12
                     RE: 95 GSX what would you pay?(PICS ADDED), 97eclipse97, Apr-11-06 08:27 AM, #13
                          RE: 95 GSX what would you pay?(PICS ADDED), ModeratoreclipzGST, Apr-11-06 03:35 PM, #14
                          RE: 95 GSX what would you pay?(PICS ADDED), EclipsedOut, Apr-11-06 03:44 PM, #15
                               RE: 95 GSX what would you pay?(PICS ADDED), ModeratoreclipzGST, Apr-12-06 12:37 AM, #16
                               RE: 95 GSX what would you pay?(PICS ADDED), 97eclipse97, Apr-13-06 05:10 AM, #17

97eclipse97Apr-06-06 04:03 AM
Member since Jul 29th 2003
695 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#535, "RE: 95 GSX what would you pay?"
In response to Reply # 0

First off, this should really be in the 4g63 section. Second, it sounds like the car was in an accident, be wary of it. Third, mileage would help, but going off of everything you say, probably tops of $1500 for me (MAYBE $2000, but that would be at the most). If I were you, I would keep looking. I got my 95 Talon for $2900, and all it needed was a new altenator. It has minor body damage (driver's side door), but that's about it. I think you should save yourself the hassle from having to put this car back together and hope that it's ok, and find another stock, running 2g AWD. Good luck!

'95 GSX - New motor/turbo going in...
'95 TSi AWD - For sale...buy me!
'03.5 MazdaSpeed Protege - Stock daily driver
'97 CBR 600 - Purple is a real man's color

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

EclipsedOutApr-06-06 03:20 PM
81 posts,
#536, "RE: 95 GSX what would you pay?"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks for the reply.
I bought the car today, I pick it up tomorrow.
I was looking for a project car, I have 2 other eclipses the one in my sig. 95 RS and a 96 GS parts car so I have a Pass. door with no dents. I looked at the car good today and the Rad. support is not bent someone bumped something and the spot welds are cracked. The guy drove the car for over a year like that with no problems.
He is also giving me a set of stock alloy Mitsu. wheels and tires with it and it has aftermarket tail lights(3 piece)in it plus he is giving me the stock lights and center piece.
I think I got a good deal for $1,200.

95 GSX
95 RS
96 GS (parts car)

destruckeclipseApr-06-06 03:32 PM
Member since Apr 26th 2004
576 posts,
#537, "RE: 95 GSX what would you pay?"
In response to Reply # 2

I would have paid $1500 max, $1000 is what I would have worked for lol. Seems decent price if you are capable of fixing it yourself.

'95 GSX - Big16G ~ Leaks, but atleast it runs.

RST95eclipseApr-07-06 02:53 AM
Member since Oct 19th 2004
403 posts,
#538, "RE: 95 GSX what would you pay?"
In response to Reply # 3

It's just a shell that sounds like it needs some serious work done to it. I would have paid bottom dollar.........$500 maybe.

ScreaminEApr-07-06 04:08 AM
Donating 2GNT member
815 posts,
#539, "RE: 95 GSX what would you pay?"
In response to Reply # 4

He said it comes with an engine and tranny ready to go back in, so technically its more than a shell.

But I will tell you this, you are going to find many more problems with that car when you get it, so I hope you have some deep pockets.

For example my 1g, I thought I was getting the deal of the earth for 500 dollars.

250 the first weekend on maintenance items, plugs, wires filters, fluids, few other things.

100 for a new fuel pump

40 for another tank

100 for a new ECU

2 months downtime with electical problems

Had dead cylinder thanks to a stuck valve so:

50 at machine shop on the head

75 for a new timing belt set

100 cometic HG

100 upper gasket set at autozone

50 worth of accessory belts

90 for ARP head studs

So far I've spent over 1300 dollars and I my car still has a blown 14b.

Dualgen2Apr-07-06 05:17 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3726 posts,
#540, "RE: 95 GSX what would you pay?"
In response to Reply # 5

Good deal. Enjoy the new project.

2009 Corolla S - waiting until 2012 for my next toy!
*SOLD* 1992 3000GT VR4 - pearl white and 45,6xx miles!
*SOLD* 2007 Subaru Legacy GT sedan
*SOLD* 95 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 - BPU
*SOLD* 97 Eclipse GS Star Stage 2

EclipsedOutApr-07-06 06:20 AM
81 posts,
#541, "RE: 95 GSX what would you pay?"
In response to Reply # 6

Thanks for the replys.
Yes it comes with the motor and trans. The motor is fresh, stock rebuild.
This is a project car and will not see the road for a while. I have to finish my RS before I even start on the GSX. I just started doing a timing belt on the RS and I'm not in a big rush to finish that either.
I'm 36 have a house,wife, and 3 kids these cars are just my "toys".

95 GSX
95 RS
96 GS (parts car)

EclipsedOutApr-10-06 12:59 PM
81 posts,
#542, "RE: 95 GSX what would you pay?(PICS ADDED)"
In response to Reply # 0

I picked the car up Friday afternoon.
Here it is.

I can't decide if I want to put the motor in and drive it for a bit or leave it off the road and rip it all apart and start from scratch.

95 GSX
95 RS
96 GS (parts car)

RST95eclipseApr-10-06 01:34 PM
403 posts,
#543, "RE: 95 GSX what would you pay?(PICS ADDED)"
In response to Reply # 8

Start disassembly. I think that's the easiest way to say it.

97eclipse97Apr-10-06 03:49 PM
695 posts,
#544, "RE: 95 GSX what would you pay?(PICS ADDED)"
In response to Reply # 9

Wow, I did not expect the body to be in such good condition. That's a plus at least. And does every 2ga have one clear lens and one that's all clouded up?

RST95eclipseApr-10-06 05:26 PM
403 posts,
#545, "RE: 95 GSX what would you pay?(PICS ADDED)"
In response to Reply # 10

Looks like the first mod needs to be an HID retrofit..........

EclipsedOutApr-11-06 08:13 AM
81 posts,
#546, "RE: 95 GSX what would you pay?(PICS ADDED)"
In response to Reply # 11

Here is the motor.

What is an HID retrofit??

Thanks

95 GSX
95 RS
96 GS (parts car)

97eclipse97Apr-11-06 08:27 AM
695 posts,
#547, "RE: 95 GSX what would you pay?(PICS ADDED)"
In response to Reply # 12

I hope he was kidding about the HID thing. Clearly the first mod should be to get the engine/tranny in the car. If I had known all along that this was just going to be another project for you, I would have said go for it all along. I think you got a pretty good deal.

ModeratoreclipzGSTApr-11-06 03:35 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#548, "RE: 95 GSX what would you pay?(PICS ADDED)"
In response to Reply # 13

Nice score! Tear into it and have FUN! That's what it's all about.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

EclipsedOutApr-11-06 03:44 PM
81 posts,
#549, "RE: 95 GSX what would you pay?(PICS ADDED)"
In response to Reply # 13

I was not kidding about the HID. What does that stand for?
I'm not hip to all the lingo/abbreviations.

I came across another good deal tonight.
I ran into a guy from where I used to live. He was into drag racing 1st gen's, he is no longer into it but has some parts laying around he wants to unload.
1: JDM block with crank, no rods or pistons
1: 1st gen short block
1: JDM head, complete
2: 1st gen heads, complete
1: aftermarket underdive pully
1: Alum. flywheel
and a bunch of other misc. little stuff, coil,wires,intercooler piping,etc.
He said I could have it all for 100 bucks.
He also has 2 wheels with BF Goodrich drag radials for $150

Also the guy I bought the car from has a 4G63 non-turbo motor (complete). He said I could have it(free).
Should I take it??
Thanks.

95 GSX
95 RS
96 GS (parts car)

ModeratoreclipzGSTApr-12-06 12:37 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#550, "RE: 95 GSX what would you pay?(PICS ADDED)"
In response to Reply # 15

High Intensity Discharge

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

97eclipse97Apr-13-06 05:10 AM
695 posts,
#551, "RE: 95 GSX what would you pay?(PICS ADDED)"
In response to Reply # 15

Originally posted by EclipsedOut
I was not kidding about the HID. What does that stand for?

I was not referring to you not knowing what it is, but rather the comment that it should be your first mod. Sorry for the confusion.

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #534 Previous topic | Next topic