Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #5335
View in linear mode

Subject: "95 Sonata Upgrade" Previous topic | Next topic
energy godMar-26-08 10:35 AM
Member since Mar 26th 2008
1 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5335, "95 Sonata Upgrade"

Good day guys, newbie here. I want to upgrade my 95 sonata right hand drive, to a 4g63t manual gearbox. I need to know every thing:
First of all, where can I get the right engine, computer, harness and gearbox. I have checked a lot of sites but not getting everything. Directions please.

When I'm done with that we'll have to work on upgrading the braking system.

Thanks.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

techboyMar-27-08 07:51 AM
Member since May 20th 2002
1662 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5336, "RE: 95 Sonata Upgrade"
In response to Reply # 0
Mar-27-08 07:53 AM by techboy

Either hit up a junk yard for a used 4G63 ... or join a another DSM forum where 4G63's are more prevelant and post up what all you are looking for in the WTB section and you are bound to get some hits. I'd rebuild the motor myself and send the tranny out to a speed shop if I were you. You are undertaking a large project, I hope you have experience and know what you are doing.

What motor does your Sonata have in it now? You might have to change motor mounts and everything ....

1999 Eclipse GST 4G63

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratoreclipzGSTMar-31-08 04:35 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#5340, "RE: 95 Sonata Upgrade"
In response to Reply # 1

Interesting. Good luck with that! Keep us posted...

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonApr-02-08 10:17 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#5341, "RE: 95 Sonata Upgrade"
In response to Reply # 2

sonatas had a 4g63, at least the older ones did. A friedn had one and when we rebuilt the head the parts were common with a 6 bolt. that is unless the actual valves were the same all years or the hyundai had a different head mounted to a 7 bolt bottom.

You would need to be a lot of investigating to see what is actually in that car.

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #5335 Previous topic | Next topic