Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #5298
View in linear mode

Subject: "My first 'mod' for the Evo" Previous topic | Next topic
Moderatorcs82685May-25-07 06:26 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5298, "My first 'mod' for the Evo"
May-25-07 06:28 PM by cs82685

Well since my ZT-2 spends most of its time sitting around doing nothing, I decided I'd spend a little extra dough on the boost sensor and display and install it in the Evo. Plans are for it to only be used as a boost gauge (keeping an eye out for boost leaks) since I won't be doing any tuning on the Evo. I'll still be switching it between the cars along with the boost sensor probably, but at least it will be put to use every day now. I eventually want to make a cover for the storage bin it's in, but that will come another day. Anyways here's a few pics from the install

Woohoo, now I know that I'm only seeing 19psi peak, didn't do any full pulls to see what it tapers to though.

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: My first 'mod' for the Evo, ModeratoreclipzGST, May-25-07 07:56 PM, #1
RE: My first 'mod' for the Evo, JayWeezie88, May-26-07 12:19 AM, #2
      RE: My first 'mod' for the Evo, Moderator992gnt, May-26-07 04:19 AM, #3
           RE: My first 'mod' for the Evo, Moderatorcs82685, May-26-07 06:42 AM, #4
                RE: My first 'mod' for the Evo, RallyEclipse98, May-26-07 07:50 PM, #5
                     RE: My first 'mod' for the Evo, Moderatorcs82685, May-27-07 03:00 AM, #6
                          RE: My first 'mod' for the Evo, RallyEclipse98, May-27-07 11:02 AM, #7
                               RE: My first 'mod' for the Evo, totaleclipse_05, May-28-07 12:20 PM, #8
                                    RE: My first 'mod' for the Evo, Moderatorcs82685, May-28-07 01:17 PM, #9

ModeratoreclipzGSTMay-25-07 07:56 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5299, "RE: My first 'mod' for the Evo"
In response to Reply # 0

Good job. Looks pretty clean.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

JayWeezie88May-26-07 12:19 AM
Member since Jul 08th 2005
130 posts,
#5300, "RE: My first 'mod' for the Evo"
In response to Reply # 1

Uh-oh...

It's starting pretty soon.

Whats next intake, just because the filter got dirty lol.

Looks good.

99 GST - Some stuff

14.083 @ 97.37 (10psi-ish ATCO 3/13/07)

"She said its JUST a car...I said your JUST a girl"

Moderator992gntMay-26-07 04:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2245 posts,
#5301, "RE: My first 'mod' for the Evo"
In response to Reply # 2

And so it begins.....

Greg

'19 Genesis G70 3.3t AWD
'88 Chrysler Conquest TSI

Moderatorcs82685May-26-07 06:42 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#5302, "RE: My first 'mod' for the Evo"
In response to Reply # 3
May-26-07 06:47 AM by cs82685

Originally posted by JayWeezie88
Uh-oh... It's starting pretty soon. Whats next intake, just because the filter got dirty lol. Looks good.

haha, nah I'll just get a drop in K&N filter

Originally posted by 992gnt
And so it begins.....

Yeah, yeah, I'm trying my hardest not to mod it. But am already planning out when I can get a flash and trying to decide on an exhaust setup, lol.

edit: oh and in case anyone was wondering why I tore the bottom of the dash apart to install it, I purchased a turbo timer harness so I would not have to hack any wires up to power up the zt-2. Worked beautifully, I didn't even need to cut up the harness, just crimped the power wire for the zt-2 to the wire on the harness

RallyEclipse98May-26-07 07:50 PM
Member since Feb 22nd 2007
165 posts,
#5303, "RE: My first 'mod' for the Evo"
In response to Reply # 4

Now you'll have to change you sig mang. Good thinking wanting to put a cover on 1. for security 2. maintain sleeper status. lol

Moderatorcs82685May-27-07 03:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#5304, "RE: My first 'mod' for the Evo"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by RallyEclipse98
Now you'll have to change you sig mang.

Done and done.

Originally posted by RallyEclipse98
Good thinking wanting to put a cover on 1. for security 2. maintain sleeper status. lol

3. When clueless people get in the car I don't have to explain to them what it is. LOL

RallyEclipse98May-27-07 11:02 AM
Member since Feb 22nd 2007
165 posts,
#5305, "RE: My first 'mod' for the Evo"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by cs82685
Originally posted by RallyEclipse98 Now you'll have to change you sig mang.
Done and done.
Originally posted by RallyEclipse98 Good thinking wanting to put a cover on 1. for security 2. maintain sleeper status. lol
3. When clueless people get in the car I don't have to explain to them what it is. LOL

Very good #3! When girls see my switches they ask what they're for, so I have to give them a whole explanation but when that's over they look in awe and are like "wow!" lol, I really don't mind it too much!

totaleclipse_05May-28-07 12:20 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1486 posts,
#5306, "RE: My first 'mod' for the Evo"
In response to Reply # 7

Looks pretty good Corey, how's visability during the day and at night with the placement there?

Mike D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by DR1665
You're welcome to all the beer you can drink, but you have to go get it yourself. Don't get pissy when we point to the fridge and tell you to get it yourself.

Moderatorcs82685May-28-07 01:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#5307, "RE: My first 'mod' for the Evo"
In response to Reply # 8
May-29-07 05:26 PM by cs82685

Originally posted by totaleclipse_05
Looks pretty good Corey, how's visability during the day and at night with the placement there?

So far I haven't had any visibility issues with it during the day and well I haven't had it out at night b/c I've been driving the Eclipse, but I can't imagine it being worse than in the day. I'll let you know in a few hours when I get back from Pirates

EDIT: Looks good only problem I see with the digital gauge is it's constantly changing #'s so sometimes it's hard to actually read the number whereas a needle gauge is easier to read in that respect.

Edit again. Noticed some glare today while driving around

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #5298 Previous topic | Next topic