Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #5272
View in linear mode

Subject: "downside to an 03 evo?" Previous topic | Next topic
soulcontrollerDec-14-06 05:27 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5272, "downside to an 03 evo?"

ok i'm planning on buying an evo this summer. i'm trying to think and rationalize why I shouldn't. try to convince me not to get one.

yes i'm keeping my eclipse, and my beater tsi.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: downside to an 03 evo?, burntheblobs, Dec-14-06 05:52 AM, #1
RE: downside to an 03 evo?, FlyinEsi, Dec-14-06 06:29 AM, #2
      RE: downside to an 03 evo?, Diceman19, Dec-14-06 06:03 PM, #3
           RE: downside to an 03 evo?, JayWeezie88, Dec-14-06 06:49 PM, #4
           RE: downside to an 03 evo?, kelvinb1, Dec-14-06 06:55 PM, #5
                RE: downside to an 03 evo?, 97eclipse97, Dec-15-06 01:01 PM, #6
                     RE: downside to an 03 evo?, ModeratoreclipzGST, Dec-15-06 01:58 PM, #7
           RE: downside to an 03 evo?, Moderatorbullettdsm, Dec-15-06 03:13 PM, #8
                RE: downside to an 03 evo?, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Dec-16-06 06:00 PM, #9
                     RE: downside to an 03 evo?, Moderatorcs82685, Dec-17-06 06:41 AM, #10
                          RE: downside to an 03 evo?, soulcontroller, Dec-18-06 11:30 AM, #11
                               RE: downside to an 03 evo?, ModeratoreclipzGST, Dec-18-06 05:15 PM, #12
                                    RE: downside to an 03 evo?, slowmitsu, Dec-19-06 03:15 AM, #13
                                         RE: downside to an 03 evo?, soulcontroller, Dec-19-06 11:06 AM, #14
                                         RE: downside to an 03 evo?, ModeratoreclipzGST, Dec-19-06 11:47 AM, #15
                                         RE: downside to an 03 evo?, soulcontroller, Dec-19-06 01:51 PM, #16
                                         RE: downside to an 03 evo?, JayWeezie88, Dec-19-06 06:28 PM, #17
                                         RE: downside to an 03 evo?, Dualgen2, Mar-15-07 10:33 AM, #24
                                              RE: downside to an 03 evo?, ModeratoreclipzGST, Mar-15-07 05:21 PM, #25
                                         RE: downside to an 03 evo?, slowmitsu, Dec-20-06 07:12 AM, #18
                                              RE: downside to an 03 evo?, ModeratoreclipzGST, Dec-20-06 08:00 PM, #19
                                                   RE: downside to an 03 evo?, slowmitsu, Dec-21-06 05:08 AM, #20
                                                        RE: downside to an 03 evo?, TeamDR1665, Dec-21-06 07:59 AM, #21
                                                             RE: downside to an 03 evo?, Remy, Dec-21-06 01:59 PM, #22
                                         RE: downside to an 03 evo?, Dualgen2, Feb-05-07 11:19 AM, #23

burntheblobsDec-14-06 05:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1445 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5273, "RE: downside to an 03 evo?"
In response to Reply # 0
Dec-14-06 05:53 AM by burntheblobs

If you get an evo you'll have almost all generations of mitsubishi's sports cars. Nice.

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX - SOLD
2006 Mustang GT Convertible

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

FlyinEsiDec-14-06 06:29 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#5274, "RE: downside to an 03 evo?"
In response to Reply # 1

1) You will be driving a sedan
2) You still have just another 4-banger
3) Insurance .

Hope that helps

Diceman19Dec-14-06 06:03 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#5275, "RE: downside to an 03 evo?"
In response to Reply # 2

car payments, insurance, taxes/plates/registrations/emissions/inspections, having too many cars to drive.

i have three cars, two just sit. registration/plate bills come every year and i barely drive them.

JayWeezie88Dec-14-06 06:49 PM
Member since Jul 08th 2005
130 posts,
#5276, "RE: downside to an 03 evo?"
In response to Reply # 3

I won't have one.

99 GST - Some stuff

14.083 @ 97.37 (10psi-ish ATCO 3/13/07)

"She said its JUST a car...I said your JUST a girl"

kelvinb1Dec-14-06 06:55 PM
Member since Apr 06th 2004
1543 posts,
#5277, "RE: downside to an 03 evo?"
In response to Reply # 4

no cruise control but it does have a 2 step

97eclipse97Dec-15-06 01:01 PM
Member since Jul 29th 2003
695 posts,
#5278, "RE: downside to an 03 evo?"
In response to Reply # 5

Are you just looking into '03's? That would be the last VIII year I would look into buying. '05 best (bigger turbine housing), then '04 (none of the '03 issues). Also, three cars? One of my buddies has an Evo as his 'winter beater'. (Basically, his around 400hp daily driver). It is basically a daily driver, winter beater, and race car all in one. Oh wait, I'm supposed to tell you why not to get one. Well 3 cars is just rediculous. (especially having a FWD as your fast car, no offense :-P) So ya, don't buy one but instead send me the payments you would be making. That's my final answer.

'95 GSX - New motor/turbo going in...
'95 TSi AWD - For sale...buy me!
'03.5 MazdaSpeed Protege - Stock daily driver
'97 CBR 600 - Purple is a real man's color

ModeratoreclipzGSTDec-15-06 01:58 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#5279, "RE: downside to an 03 evo?"
In response to Reply # 6

Keep the 1G.
Sell the 2G.
Look around for an 04 Evo.
I'd tell you reasons why you shouldn't buy one, but I can't think of any.
I had not regret buying mine even once. The ins. was not all that much more than my eclipse. The payments are definetly more but If your financial status allows it, go for it!

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

ModeratorbullettdsmDec-15-06 03:13 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#5280, "RE: downside to an 03 evo?"
In response to Reply # 3
Dec-15-06 03:14 PM by bullettdsm

Originally posted by Diceman19
car payments, insurance, taxes/plates/registrations/emissions/inspections, having too many cars to drive. i have three cars, two just sit. registration/plate bills come every year and i barely drive them.

Yeah, this sh*t's starting to bug me too. 2 dsm's, an Exterra, and a Harley. Try adding all that crap up and see how depressed you get

MB

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonDec-16-06 06:00 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#5281, "RE: downside to an 03 evo?"
In response to Reply # 8

I agree, dont get into buying too many vehicles. I have 4 cars and one harley. The harley and Superbee left the garage one time last summer. Thats 500.00 in insurance and roughly 100.00 in registration. It dont seem like much but when the other cars cost me about 800.00 in insurance alone....it adds up quickly.

If you like the EVO then buy it, but sell one of the other cars.

Terry

Moderatorcs82685Dec-17-06 06:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#5282, "RE: downside to an 03 evo?"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by soulcontroller
ok i'm planning on buying an evo this summer. i'm trying to think and rationalize why I shouldn't. try to convince me not to get one. yes i'm keeping my eclipse, and my beater tsi.

hehe, I've got the same plan, except I will only have on other car and am looking to get a IX.

I think like everyone else said, ins/registration on 3 cars is gonna suck for the amount you're gonna use the other cars, unless of course you plan on driving a different car each day. Most people seem to just kind of let their car sit when they get something newer and better or you just don't have the time to work on/drive the other vehicles.

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

soulcontrollerDec-18-06 11:30 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#5283, "RE: downside to an 03 evo?"
In response to Reply # 10
Dec-18-06 01:31 PM by soulcontroller

if anything goes its the 1g. my eclipse is paid for, and ive put too much work into it to let it go really. its nice and clean inside and out and i can fix anything that goes wrong with it. if anything ill just let my girlfriend drive it, if or when i have one heh.

i figure im going to drive the evo in the winter, so i can probably let the beater 1g go...

if you stick with 500 dollar deductables, insurance isnt too bad really.

*come to think of it i claim my 1g as my every day car for insurance purposes, so ill probably keep it too.

ModeratoreclipzGSTDec-18-06 05:15 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#5284, "RE: downside to an 03 evo?"
In response to Reply # 11

So you're going to keep your eclipse and use your Evo as a winter beater????
Ummm... it's an eclipse. Not a Porsche or a Ferrarri.

When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

slowmitsuDec-19-06 03:15 AM
Member since May 26th 2005
343 posts,
#5285, "RE: downside to an 03 evo?"
In response to Reply # 12

Originally posted by eclipzGST
So you're going to keep your eclipse and use your Evo as a winter beater???? Ummm... it's an eclipse. Not a Porsche or a Ferrarri.

It's a Lancer, not a Porsche or Ferrari.

_______

BPU'd skittle

soulcontrollerDec-19-06 11:06 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#5286, "RE: downside to an 03 evo?"
In response to Reply # 13
Dec-19-06 11:08 AM by soulcontroller

the 1g is my beater. come on now.

but yea. im going to keep all 3.

ModeratoreclipzGSTDec-19-06 11:47 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#5287, "RE: downside to an 03 evo?"

Originally posted by slowmitsu ...It's a Lancer...

soulcontrollerDec-19-06 01:51 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#5288, "RE: downside to an 03 evo?"
In response to Reply # 15

oh well, i've been bitten. its too late. getting one this summer. lock this thread. kthx.

JayWeezie88Dec-19-06 06:28 PM
Member since Jul 08th 2005
130 posts,
#5289, "RE: downside to an 03 evo?"
In response to Reply # 16

getting one this summer

Envious I am...

99 GST - Some stuff

14.083 @ 97.37 (10psi-ish ATCO 3/13/07)

"She said its JUST a car...I said your JUST a girl"

Dualgen2Mar-15-07 10:33 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3726 posts,
#5290, "RE: downside to an 03 evo?"
In response to Reply # 16

oh well, i've been bitten. its too late. getting one this summer. lock this thread. kthx.

You better drive it to the shootout!!! Major downside would be a car payment and another money pit but it's probably worth it after seeing how happy Tony was at the shootout last year.

2009 Corolla S - waiting until 2012 for my next toy!
*SOLD* 1992 3000GT VR4 - pearl white and 45,6xx miles!
*SOLD* 2007 Subaru Legacy GT sedan
*SOLD* 95 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 - BPU
*SOLD* 97 Eclipse GS Star Stage 2

ModeratoreclipzGSTMar-15-07 05:21 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#5291, "RE: downside to an 03 evo?"
In response to Reply # 24

Originally posted by Dualgen2
Originally posted by soulcontroller oh well, i've been bitten. its too late. getting one this summer. lock this thread. kthx.
You better drive it to the shootout!!! Major downside would be a car payment and another money pit but it's probably worth it after seeing how happy Tony was at the shootout last year.

Ha! You should see me after the first rip with a new mod installed.

slowmitsuDec-20-06 07:12 AM
343 posts,
#5292, "RE: downside to an 03 evo?"
In response to Reply # 15

Well it IS.

_______

BPU'd skittle

ModeratoreclipzGSTDec-20-06 08:00 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#5293, "RE: downside to an 03 evo?"
In response to Reply # 18

Originally posted by slowmitsu
Well it IS.

Not really. The only thing we have in common with a lancer is the trunk and a badge.

slowmitsuDec-21-06 05:08 AM
343 posts,
#5294, "RE: downside to an 03 evo?"
In response to Reply # 19

Well it IS.
Not really. The only thing we have in common with a lancer is the trunk and a badge.

I understand that, Tony. I'm just giving you a hard time.

_______

BPU'd skittle

TeamDR1665Dec-21-06 07:59 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#5295, "RE: downside to an 03 evo?"
In response to Reply # 20

Well it IS.
I understand that, Tony. I'm just giving you a hard time.

No doubt you do.

Galant VR4
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution II
Lancer Evolution III
Lancer Evolution IV
Lancer Evolution V
Lancer Evolution VI
Lancer Evolution VII
Lancer Evolution VIII
Lancer Evolution IX

RemyDec-21-06 01:59 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#5296, "RE: downside to an 03 evo?"
In response to Reply # 21

There is no downside to getting a evo besides the car payments and the fact that it will become a money pit like every other dsm.

----------------------------------------
GT35 and stuff.
Lucky Number 6 ...

Dualgen2Feb-05-07 11:19 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3726 posts,
#5297, "RE: downside to an 03 evo?"

Originally posted by eclipzGST So you're going to keep your eclipse and use your Evo as a winter beater???? Ummm... it's an eclipse. Not a Porsche or a Ferrarri.
It's a Lancer, not a Porsche or Ferrari.

It's a Lancer that can out handled most Porsche's and Ferrari's for 1/2 the price. I love Tony's IX and my co-worker just got a IX MR. The payment and insurance would of been a couple hundred dollars more a month so it wasn't worth it to me. I hope to pick up a used MR (hopefuly a IX) in the future.

2009 Corolla S - waiting until 2012 for my next toy!
*SOLD* 1992 3000GT VR4 - pearl white and 45,6xx miles!
*SOLD* 2007 Subaru Legacy GT sedan
*SOLD* 95 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 - BPU
*SOLD* 97 Eclipse GS Star Stage 2

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #5272 Previous topic | Next topic