Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #4845
View in linear mode

Subject: "AC tensioner bracket - get in here you!" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamDR1665May-07-07 08:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4845, "AC tensioner bracket - get in here you!"
May-08-07 07:53 AM by DR1665

This is some shit.

I've owned 2 4G63s that I've taken apart. A 90GS-T and the GVR4. That's it. So someone please tell me why the bracket I took off one of them to use to mount the AC compressor to the back of the block Saturday night does not line up with either of the two tensioner brackets I've got.

Looking at the connection, it's so far off, I might as well be using a 420A part. Take your left index finger and point at the right corner of your screen. Now take your right index finger, point at the left corner of your screen and lay it over your left finger. That's how things are lining up. Like a mofuggin' X.

I don't get it. Ray thought it might be some kind of bastard, 7-bolt part, but I've never had a 7-bolt. Go figure. So the question is, given the absolute bitch of a time getting the compressor bracket in there with the engine in the car, is there another tensioner bracket I should be looking for or do I need a compressor bracket?

Thanks.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamDR1665May-08-07 07:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4850, "RE: 6-bolt vs 7-bolt AC compressor bracket?"
In response to Reply # 0

You bitches.

Could I ask a couple of you to at least take a peak under the hood this afternoon and tell me what you see? Where the AC tensioner bracket bolts up over the compressor - how do those bolts align? Is the top bolt to the left or right of the bottom one?

C'mon. Help me out.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratoreclipzGSTMay-08-07 10:35 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#4851, "RE: 6-bolt vs 7-bolt AC compressor bracket?"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by DR1665
You bitches. Could I ask a couple of you to at least take a peak under the hood this afternoon and tell me what you see?

Ok, I'll take a ride right over.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

TeamDR1665May-08-07 11:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#4852, "RE: 6-bolt vs 7-bolt AC compressor bracket?"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by eclipzGST
Originally posted by DR1665 You bitches. Could I ask a couple of you to at least take a peak under the hood this afternoon and tell me what you see?
Ok, I'll take a ride right over.

You know what I meant. I just went down and looked at it in the dark in the parking garage. I don't get it. We must have been doing something wrong. Can't figure out why it didn't line up the other night. I'll have to look it over again when I get home tonight.

ModeratoreclipzGSTMay-08-07 11:28 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#4853, "RE: 6-bolt vs 7-bolt AC compressor bracket?"
In response to Reply # 3

Stop being such a puss. What do you need AC for? It's not like it gets hot in AZ...

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #4845 Previous topic | Next topic