Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #4794
View in linear mode

Subject: "I've been a stranger, but I have an update...GSX is running again." Previous topic | Next topic
FlyinEsiApr-17-07 06:35 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4794, "I've been a stranger, but I have an update...GSX is running again."

Yep, I finally got my 2.3L dropped into "The Phoenix" and she is alive and well again. I had a few major issues to begin with, but got them solved and now I'm just trying to solve a few pesky problems. I don't have much to say right now about the performance, but I'm running the GT35R turbo at 15psi and it feels amazing. i have only taken the rpm's to 5500 rpms and slowly breaking in the upper rpms, but it is fast and fun so far. I plan on dyno'ing as soon as I get quite a few miles on the motor. I'd like to get 2000 miles, already have 700 on the motor, and get all the bugs worked out before i dyno so I can get an optimal rating.

here are a few pics of the install

Put together...badly needing a paint job

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: I've been a stranger, but I have an update...GSX is running again., ModeratoreclipzGST, Apr-17-07 09:04 PM, #1
RE: I've been a stranger, but I have an update...GSX is running again., Moderatorcs82685, Apr-18-07 05:56 AM, #2
      RE: I've been a stranger, but I have an update...GSX is running again., EclipseTical, Apr-18-07 06:39 AM, #3
           RE: I've been a stranger, but I have an update...GSX is running again., TeamDR1665, Apr-18-07 08:32 AM, #4
                RE: I've been a stranger, but I have an update...GSX is running again., 97eclipse97, Apr-18-07 11:18 AM, #5
                     RE: I've been a stranger, but I have an update...GSX is running again., FlyinEsi, Apr-18-07 07:00 PM, #6
                          RE: I've been a stranger, but I have an update...GSX is running again., 420a-Tnthewerks, Apr-24-07 12:08 PM, #7
                               RE: I've been a stranger, but I have an update...GSX is running again., destruckeclipse, Apr-24-07 09:00 PM, #8
                                    RE: I've been a stranger, but I have an update...GSX is running again., BigBald, May-11-07 06:18 PM, #9

ModeratoreclipzGSTApr-17-07 09:04 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4795, "RE: I've been a stranger, but I have an update...GSX is running again."
In response to Reply # 0

Paint your bumper you fucking ricer!
Just playing man. Glad you got her going and are able to start enjoying the fruits of all your time and labor. Congrats!!

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Moderatorcs82685Apr-18-07 05:56 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#4796, "RE: I've been a stranger, but I have an update...GSX is running again."
In response to Reply # 1

Oh, good job, now I've gotta figure out a way to get rid of this erection without my roommate knowing... Asshole

j/k looks sweet man, let us know when you get some numbers and some times for her

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

EclipseTicalApr-18-07 06:39 AM
Old School 2GNTer
648 posts,
#4797, "RE: I've been a stranger, but I have an update...GSX is running again."
In response to Reply # 2

dude you are seriously fuckin with my whole "don't go apeshit crazy modding the X until i finish law school" plan.

Looking good, get that beast broken in and get us some numbers mang.

~Sean

99 GSX
97 RS--SOLD

TeamDR1665Apr-18-07 08:32 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#4798, "RE: I've been a stranger, but I have an update...GSX is running again."
In response to Reply # 3

Such a sweet ride. He's doing good on the break in. It's got to be hard as hell to feel that turbo spool, only to have to shut her down at 5500rpm. Can't wait to see what it can really do, Dan.

97eclipse97Apr-18-07 11:18 AM
Member since Jul 29th 2003
695 posts,
#4799, "RE: I've been a stranger, but I have an update...GSX is running again."
In response to Reply # 4

Congrats on getting it up and running, that is such a beautiful setup! I am eager to see what she puts out on the dyno Good luck with the rest of the break in process.

'95 GSX - New motor/turbo going in...
'95 TSi AWD - For sale...buy me!
'03.5 MazdaSpeed Protege - Stock daily driver
'97 CBR 600 - Purple is a real man's color

FlyinEsiApr-18-07 07:00 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#4800, "RE: I've been a stranger, but I have an update...GSX is running again."
In response to Reply # 5
Apr-18-07 07:02 PM by FlyinEsi

Hey guys, thanks for all the nice comments. I hope to get her dyno'd shortly after 2000 miles and I'm slowly raising my redline just to make sure all the parts are getting nicely worn in together, I'm also kinda scared to run the rpms up too high without a good tune on DSMlink. It's getting fun already and after this weekend I'll be up to 6K redline. probably don't need to break it in that way, but that's what I'm doing. Came from advice from a 30 year mechanic, aka my dad, so I'm running with it.

I'll keep you all posted.

Oh yeah, by the way, the timing belt is no longer blue...a little brake cleaner and now the belt is black and the engine bay is now stripped in that area and no longer black God dammit.

420a-TnthewerksApr-24-07 12:08 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2004
2267 posts,
#4810, "RE: I've been a stranger, but I have an update...GSX is running again."
In response to Reply # 6

Good to see it up and running! I've been quite the stranger here as well..

What tranny are you running?

destruckeclipseApr-24-07 09:00 PM
Member since Apr 26th 2004
576 posts,
#4817, "RE: I've been a stranger, but I have an update...GSX is running again."
In response to Reply # 7

That's hot.

'95 GSX - Big16G ~ Leaks, but atleast it runs.

BigBaldMay-11-07 06:18 PM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2715 posts,
#4861, "RE: I've been a stranger, but I have an update...GSX is running again."
In response to Reply # 8

I know I am late but congrats......my break in was 3rd gear highway pulls to 7500rpm.

1995 GST - Who the hell knows

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #4794 Previous topic | Next topic