Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #4753
View in linear mode

Subject: "Leakdown questions" Previous topic | Next topic
Slo2gMar-04-07 07:00 PM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4753, "Leakdown questions"

I just got a 1991 TSI AWD, YAY, but it doesn't run. The guy I bought it from said that it has low compression in the first cylinder. When I get the chance I am going to do another compression test, and a leak down to see if it is the rings or the hg. My question is is that it has not been run in a while because he sold the turbo and took the cams out. I have a 14b laying around and he gave me the cams. What should I look for since I will be doing the test on a cold motor? Won't that throw the numbers off?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

RemyMar-29-07 06:50 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4769, "RE: Leakdown questions"
In response to Reply # 0

yes

----------------------------------------
Built Head
Built Block
Built Tranny
SC61
500hp Beater.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #4753 Previous topic | Next topic