Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #4506
View in linear mode

Subject: "ok i want a 2g GSX" Previous topic | Next topic
Amish_EclipseSep-21-03 08:29 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4506, "ok i want a 2g GSX"

what should i look for. i'm getting something new come spring and GSX is on the list if it's driftable. i want something that won't break on me right away. i know dsm's aren't the most reliable but i don't wanna put a new motor in straight away.

also how much should i look to spend for a 97+ GSX in good shape?

http://www.ocaddict.com

thanks beefgg for the sig

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: ok i want a 2g GSX, chrysler kid, Sep-22-03 03:40 AM, #1
RE: ok i want a 2g GSX, ModeratoreclipzGST, Sep-22-03 04:31 AM, #2
      RE: ok i want a 2g GSX, PowerEclipses, Sep-22-03 05:25 AM, #3
           RE: ok i want a 2g GSX, TeamJeff_99gs, Sep-22-03 06:36 AM, #4
                RE: ok i want a 2g GSX, chrysler kid, Sep-22-03 06:59 AM, #5
                     RE: ok i want a 2g GSX, TeamJeff_99gs, Sep-22-03 07:09 AM, #6
                          RE: ok i want a 2g GSX, el2oCz, Sep-22-03 09:33 AM, #7
                               RE: ok i want a 2g GSX, TeamJeff_99gs, Sep-22-03 09:37 AM, #8
                                    RE: ok i want a 2g GSX, el2oCz, Sep-23-03 05:57 AM, #9
                                         RE: ok i want a 2g GSX, Logic3, Sep-23-03 09:21 AM, #10
                                              RE: ok i want a 2g GSX, TeamJeff_99gs, Sep-23-03 11:14 AM, #11
                                                   RE: ok i want a 2g GSX, Logic3, Sep-24-03 03:36 AM, #12
                                                        RE: ok i want a 2g GSX, Amish_Eclipse, Sep-26-03 05:25 PM, #13
                                                             RE: ok i want a 2g GSX, Blizare, Oct-06-03 04:39 AM, #14
                                                                  RE: ok i want a 2g GSX, L2RTSiAWD, Oct-06-03 07:32 AM, #15

chrysler kidSep-22-03 03:40 AM
Member since Sep 25th 2002
7411 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4507, "RE: ok i want a 2g GSX"
In response to Reply # 0

probably get one for 12k with low miles, or 10k or less with about 100kmiles. atleast by me you can

11.65 @ 115

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratoreclipzGSTSep-22-03 04:31 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#4508, "RE: ok i want a 2g GSX"
In response to Reply # 1

"driftable"? don't buy an eclipse. Get a WRX or an EVO.

-Tony
98'GST
92'TSI-AWD

eclipzgst@charter.net
http://eclipzgst.webhop.net
http://www.newengdsm.org/

turboclipz on AIM

PowerEclipsesSep-22-03 05:25 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
#4509, "RE: ok i want a 2g GSX"
In response to Reply # 2

you could drift with a gsx dont get an rex, their trannies suck ass... anyway, i have a 99 and i paid about 14500 after takes and everything with 68k on it

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

TeamJeff_99gsSep-22-03 06:36 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#4510, "RE: ok i want a 2g GSX"
In response to Reply # 3

The newer WRX has an updated tranny, much stronger.

And you will have a hard time drifting an AWD DSM. You will need some crazy suspension settings to lose the grip enough for drifting. Snow is one thing, but dry pavement is another entirely.

If you want to drift get a RWD. If you want to grip get a GSX or TSi AWD.

chrysler kidSep-22-03 06:59 AM
Member since Sep 25th 2002
7411 posts,
#4511, "RE: ok i want a 2g GSX"
In response to Reply # 4

or you could just disable the fwd part of the drive train, like they did to the skylines in 2fast2furious

11.65 @ 115

TeamJeff_99gsSep-22-03 07:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#4512, "RE: ok i want a 2g GSX"
In response to Reply # 5

>or you could just disable the fwd part of the drive train,
>like they did to the skylines in 2fast2furious

...and blow apart your transfer case and/or rear diff. sure!!!

el2oCzSep-22-03 09:33 AM
Member since Apr 05th 2003
262 posts,
#4513, "RE: ok i want a 2g GSX"
In response to Reply # 6

if you really want to drift, then get a 240SX. All the money you spend on buying a GSX, you can spend all that on your 240SX. You cna get a 96-97 for around 5k to 8k. Then if you want more power, go buy the SR20DET. Now you have a real drifter.

TeamJeff_99gsSep-22-03 09:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#4514, "RE: ok i want a 2g GSX"
In response to Reply # 7

I might be selling my 98 240sx in a few months... I'll post it on 2gnt first.

el2oCzSep-23-03 05:57 AM
Member since Apr 05th 2003
262 posts,
#4515, "RE: ok i want a 2g GSX"
In response to Reply # 8

Jeff, why you selling your 240SX? and in your sig, it says you want a s13? what you mean by that?

Logic3Sep-23-03 09:21 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1227 posts,
#4516, "RE: ok i want a 2g GSX"
In response to Reply # 9

<hijack>

s13's are badass....but I think I would stick with the 240. I'm just in love with the 98 body style. Not a fan of the truck engine that comes with them though... and a SRD20DET engine swap is mucho money. Not really feasiable for me. Good luck with the s13 though...Silvia powah!

</hijack>

TeamJeff_99gsSep-23-03 11:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#4517, "RE: ok i want a 2g GSX"
In response to Reply # 10

Selling the 98 because I want this:

Logic3Sep-24-03 03:36 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1227 posts,
#4518, "RE: ok i want a 2g GSX"
In response to Reply # 11

drool....

Amish_EclipseSep-26-03 05:25 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
#4519, "RE: ok i want a 2g GSX"
In response to Reply # 12

yeah i didn't think it'd be to easy to drift a GSX. just thought it'd be a cheap option considering how much the seven's cost. if i went with a seven i'd get the motor done by KDR right away to get rid of any sort of questions with the motor.

http://www.ocaddict.com

thanks beefgg for the sig

BlizareOct-06-03 04:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#4520, "RE: ok i want a 2g GSX"
In response to Reply # 13

I just read a huge article about a silve s13 & s15 drifting team in the U.S. Driftinf is really more japanease style but is definately coming of age!!!!! That car is deadly IMO!!!! I'd sell the 2GNT for a silvia anyday!!

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

L2RTSiAWDOct-06-03 07:32 AM
Member since Sep 30th 2003
244 posts,
#4521, "RE: ok i want a 2g GSX"
In response to Reply # 14

I might possibly have a AWD for sale (see below)

PM me if serious.

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #4506 Previous topic | Next topic