Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #4477
View in linear mode

Subject: "Car Cranks, but dosent turn over. NEED HELP! =(" Previous topic | Next topic
LuzionistSep-17-03 08:32 PM
Member since Sep 06th 2002
41 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4477, "Car Cranks, but dosent turn over. NEED HELP! =("

Hey Guys here's my dilemma. I Was driving my car in 5th about 55mph. I ended up down shifting from 5-4-3 and next thing I know my RPM Shoots up and BOOM! Car Dies out. I go and try to start it up, no luck. I check the engine and notice that my Timing belt Cover is cracked. Figured it was my timing belt that snapped, but checked that this morning and it's fine. So thought It was my clutch, but instead we tried to check the plugs. It's not getting a spark. Also, a day before this happened I noticed that My car had a slight vibration in the clutch pedal everytime that I would shift. I thought It was just my camber problem, but It never did this before like that. I hope you guys can give me some insight to what the hell is my problem. Thanks

98GST 5spd (Crankwalked and 2 turbos down)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamJeff_99gsSep-17-03 09:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4478, "RE: Car Cranks, but dosent turn over. NEED HELP! =("
In response to Reply # 0

What engine did you put in after it crankwalked the first time? If it cranks (starter works properly), but can't turn over, and the clutch feels like it is vibrating like you said, it sounds like Crankwalk again.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

chrysler kidSep-18-03 04:13 PM
Member since Sep 25th 2002
7411 posts,
#4479, "RE: Car Cranks, but dosent turn over. NEED HELP! =("
In response to Reply # 1

a bang huh. well it could be crankwalk, or you blew out a cpu componnet. an o2 censor or even the car ran rich and backfired then stalled. check what kind of compression readings and check for crankwalk. please if it is crankwalk do a 2.4 rebuild or a 6bolt. dont get another 7 bolt

11.65 @ 115

eclipsekaiserSep-18-03 10:24 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2375 posts,
#4480, "RE: Car Cranks, but dosent turn over. NEED HELP! =("
In response to Reply # 2

Goofy thing about Jimmy's case is that, last night after work, i swung by. His car cranks, and there is compression, but No spark. I had him pull the number 1 plug out, and attach to the end of the wire, while I cranked. Still no spark.

I will try to test the coil next.

-K-

LuzionistSep-26-03 12:16 PM
41 posts,
#4481, "RE: Car Cranks, but dosent turn over. NEED HELP! =("
In response to Reply # 1

Hey Jeff, I ended up having mitsu foot the bill for a new bottom end 2.0 I don't think it's crankwalk again, just because when it happened last time, my engine would start it would just have a nasty ass idle and a real bad grinding noise. I hope it's not crank walk though. I also heard from somebody that it might be my ignition coil or ignition power transisitor. I'm going to ask kaiser if I could borrow his ohmmeter to check out the resistance. I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks Jeff.

98GST 5spd (crankwalked, 2 blown turbos)

LuzionistOct-14-03 12:58 PM
41 posts,
#4482, "RE: Car Cranks, but dosent turn over. NEED HELP! =("
In response to Reply # 0

Alright guys, here's the update. I ended up taking it to a shop and they ran there tests to see if there was compression, everything was fine and dandy. Checked the Timing belt - all was well. Next thing I start to see them taking apart my lower dash, all of sudden he holds up the pcm, He said he was going to check it. Puts it back in, and smacks the shit out of it. Car Starts up! So it was a faulty PCM. The dealer wanted close to $600 for the PCM he found a place where they were selling a new one for $350 out in Vegas. Car's running fine now, except for the little ruff idle at times. Hopefully everything stays well with it. Thanks guys for the imput.

-98GST 5SPD (crankwalked and 2 blown turbos)

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #4477 Previous topic | Next topic