Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #4369
View in linear mode

Subject: "Oil seepage around fill cap" Previous topic | Next topic
Vandy420aOct-23-03 12:25 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2037 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4369, "Oil seepage around fill cap"

I'm gettin' what looks like oil seepage around the fill cap, I have oil on my plug wire cover and around the edges...also looks like a tiny tiny bit of oil around dipstick tube...is it just the cap or am I looking at something much bigger?

thanks!
Vandy

---------------------------------------

Black 98 GST missing her owner and looking for a new one...Inquiries welcome

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Oil seepage around fill cap, Vandy420a, Oct-23-03 12:28 PM, #1
RE: Oil seepage around fill cap, chrysler kid, Oct-23-03 12:37 PM, #2
      RE: Oil seepage around fill cap, Diceman19, Oct-23-03 01:54 PM, #3
           RE: Oil seepage around fill cap, ModeratoreclipzGST, Oct-23-03 03:07 PM, #4
                RE: Oil seepage around fill cap, Vandy420a, Oct-23-03 05:29 PM, #5
                     RE: Oil seepage around fill cap, ModeratoreclipzGST, Oct-23-03 07:30 PM, #6
                          RE: Oil seepage around fill cap, HybriDSM, Oct-24-03 07:04 AM, #7

Vandy420aOct-23-03 12:28 PM
2037 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4370, "RE: Oil seepage around fill cap"
In response to Reply # 0

P.S. i'm more concerned about the cap AND the dipstick...the cap's new but i could just be garbage, but with both together is it a major sign of something else?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

chrysler kidOct-23-03 12:37 PM
Member since Sep 25th 2002
7411 posts,
#4371, "RE: Oil seepage around fill cap"
In response to Reply # 1

i just noticed my car is having the same problem

11.65 @ 115

Diceman19Oct-23-03 01:54 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#4372, "RE: Oil seepage around fill cap"
In response to Reply # 2

my gsx had a little bit of oil "stain" around the oil fill cap and on the plug wire cover and across the top of the cover. wiped it off. dont know if it will come back though.

ModeratoreclipzGSTOct-23-03 03:07 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#4373, "RE: Oil seepage around fill cap"
In response to Reply # 3
Oct-23-03 03:10 PM by eclipzGST

the rubber gasket on the cap gets hard with age. I think you can buy a replacementgasket from the dealer for a few bucks or just spring for a whole new cap if you feel so inclined. Both my cars leak a TON.
Oh, and as far as the dipstick is concerned, don't worry about it unless it has enough force to pop the dipstick out when you boost. Then you're rings could be going...

-Tony
98'GST
92'TSI-AWD

eclipzgst@charter.net
http://eclipzgst.webhop.net
http://www.newengdsm.org/

turboclipz on AIM

"...don't make me photoshop your pants so high that your undies start going over your head, think of it as a kaptainmyke wedgie if you will" -Kap'n Myke

Vandy420aOct-23-03 05:29 PM
2037 posts,
#4374, "RE: Oil seepage around fill cap"
In response to Reply # 4

thanks, thats a huge load off me right now...I love workign on my car, but right now with everythign going on (I'm army, its a busy time) I feel like I fix 10 things and 20 more go wrong...

Thanks again,
Vandy

ModeratoreclipzGSTOct-23-03 07:30 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#4375, "RE: Oil seepage around fill cap"
In response to Reply # 5

:cheers

-Tony
98'GST
92'TSI-AWD

eclipzgst@charter.net
http://eclipzgst.webhop.net
http://www.newengdsm.org/

turboclipz on AIM

"...don't make me photoshop your pants so high that your undies start going over your head, think of it as a kaptainmyke wedgie if you will" -Kap'n Myke

HybriDSMOct-24-03 07:04 AM
Member since Aug 07th 2002
2407 posts,
#4376, "RE: Oil seepage around fill cap"
In response to Reply # 6

Agreed on the bad gasket. Mine is basically non existent and I have oil everywhere. It's a cheap part and easy to fix.

It's running again shitheads.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=791

HybriDSM@gmail.com ; HybriDSM@hotmail.com

Think for yourself. Question authority does not always mean disagree with authority.

If life were perfect, I'd be Calvin and you'd be Hobbes.

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #4369 Previous topic | Next topic